• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

* "I'm Back!" * Tutorial! [VERY PIC HEAVY]

kattybadatty

Thank you all for the emails and messages asking where I've been! I've been SO busy with school and working and modeling lately, I barely have time to breathe.. BUT, I took tonight to do this tutorial, before going back to bed because I have to be up in 7 hours. Eek! Hope you like it!
cutey.gif

barbie-2-1.jpg

Face:
MAC Oil Control Lotion
Maybelline NY color corrector
MAC NC 37 SPF 15 Foundation
MAC NC30 Concealer
MAC NC40 Pressed Powder

Eyes:
MAC Stilife Paint
MAC Nylon e|s
MAC Chrome Yellow e|s
MAC Electric Eel e|s
MAC Jewel Blue e|s
MAC Blacktrack f|l
Maybelline NY XXL Intense Mascara (very black)

Lips:
MAC Spice l|l
MAC Myst l|s
Clinique Cabana Crush l|g

Cheeks:
MAC Well Dressed blush
NYC dark bronzer duo

Start with a fresh, blank canvas:
blankcanvas.jpg

With the tip of your fingers, apply MAC's Oil Control lotion over the cheeks, forehead, and nose, or any areas that tend to get dry, or even very shiny:
colorcorrectorapplication.jpg

I then applied Maybelline NY's color corrector with the tip of my middle finger, over my cheeks or any other areas that are red or blotchy:
colorcorrector.jpg

concealorapplication.jpg

SCARY!:
greenface.jpg

Foundation Next. I use my hand as a palette, so I applied an even amount of NC37 to my entire face and neck area, with MAC's 190SE brush:
foundation.jpg

foundationapplication.jpg

To cover up unwanted circles and spots, I then put a dab of NC30 concealer under the eyes, and on a scar I have above my eyebrow:
concealorapplication.jpg

make sure to use fingers and not a brush. I get better coverage with my finger, I found out!

To set everything, apply MAC's sheer finish powder over the entire face, covering the entire surface.
powder.jpg

Apply in a circular motion, covering the entire face.
powderapplication.jpg

BROWS!
Start by brushing your eyebrows into a decent shape, brushing upward, then downward at the very ends.
eyebrowapplication.jpg

I used a pencil (I usually use e|s), and filled in the brows so they are even, have a nice arch, and end at the appropriate place:
eyebrowpencil.jpg

EYES!

Next, apply Stilife paint to the entire eye area, with fingertip:
paint.jpg

paintapplication.jpg

Then put a small amount of Nylon e|s under the brow bone, and in the inner crease of the eye to give the eye more depth and a larger appearance.
nylonapplication.jpg

COLOR! Then I applied Chrome Yellow e|s to the lid area. Make sure not to go TOO far over so you do not take away from the Nylon in the crease!
yellowapplication.jpg

Then I applied Jewel Blue from the middle of the lid outward, toward the outer crease. Make a bold line, so you do not confuse where each color is supposed to go.
jewelapplication.jpg

For the brightest effect, I applied Electric Eel e|s to the outer crease.
eelapplication.jpg

This is what it should look like:
sofar3.jpg

Then, using MAC's blending brush, I blended the colors together, going from outer crease, to inner crease.
(If necessary, apply more color to the lids and continue to blend if the color desired is not bright enough yet.)
blend.jpg

Nice blending! I used a little chrome yellow under the eyebrow bone as well, so it is not so drastic with the nylon.

EYELINER:
Apply an even amount of liner to the eyelid, closest to the lash line. Wing outward, making sure the tip is precise, and the lines are even on both sides.
liner.jpg

Apply liner and color underneath eye for a dramatic effect.

MASCARA:
I used Maybelline's XXL black mascara, 4 coats on each eye, top and bottom.
mascara.jpg

BRONZER/BLUSH:
Using SMASHBOX's khabuki brush, I applied a small amount of NYC bronzer under the jaw line, and under the cheek bone for contouring.
bronzer.jpg

Then, I applied MAC's Well Dressed blush to the apples of the cheeks, and stroked upward toward the hair line.
blush.jpg

blushapplication.jpg

LIPS!
I use MAC's Spice lip liner and put a small line around my upper and lower lip line:
lipliner.jpg

Then, I applied MAC's Myth lip stick lightly (because of the light color) to my upper and lower lip:
myst.jpg

Finish the look off with a bit of Clinique lip gloss:
gloss.jpg

AND YOU'RE DONE!
yahoo.gif

Finished Product:
finished2.jpg

finished.jpg

finished3.jpg

barbie-2.jpg

Enjoy! Hope that was specific enough!
winkiss.gif

kattybadatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambered
Fantastic look, what concealer is that? Select Cover-up?

Yes! NC30. Works wonders
winks.gif

eye_pr0mise

wow great look. super bright i love it !!
i needa go run and get me a new cute
yellow shirt to put that look on myself haha