I'm in Shock!!!!! Fake LE / MSF... and more

SakurasamaLover

Wow I really I'm in shock, look at that seller auctions carefully
shockt.gif

lovely fullmoon items - Get great deals on Health Beauty items on eBay.com!

Since when!!! OMG they now fake everything MAC. I mean I saw some Heatherette and HK but this looks like the mineralize kits, Graphic Garden, Fresh Cut, Vials..... now it's f*cking everything! I'M pissed off.
angry.gif

User38

wow! I have seen a lot of these up close and personal -- this is horrible but it doesn't stop at MAC, they do CD and BB. It amazes me how many bids they have and some of the names are totally not MAC.. and, there is no real way to report them either.. I have reported a few and nothing -- absolutely nothing happens. Shame on Ebay!

MAC'sMyBF

How are you sure these are fake just by looking at the picture? Just wondering b/c I am planning on buying MAC Shell Pearl BP soon here and I would like to know what to look for. TIA
smiles.gif

Makeup Emporium

Not sure what makes you think all these auctions are fake! The MAC products they have listed have all been in the CCO's so it's quite possible that they are legit.

SakurasamaLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC'sMyBF
How are you sure these are fake just by looking at the picture? Just wondering b/c I am planning on buying MAC Shell Pearl BP soon here and I would like to know what to look for. TIA
smiles.gif

Well I think now you need to just know the stuff, color etc. Some you'll only see if it's legit when you get them in hands. The eBay return policy is always good for the buyer (or almost) but it takes time to report then ask for refound and/or claim.

I'm so pissed I should buy stuff, ask for refound then leave a ned feedback on the thief!

anyway... I hope more people do some research before buying cometics from eVilbay

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakurasamaLover
I'm so pissed I should buy stuff, ask for refound then leave a ned feedback on the thief!

Well you really should see the products first or at least better pictures before declaring it fake. Still not sure what makes you think it's all fake!
th_confused_new.gif
Like I said everything they have listed has been in the CCO's.

SakurasamaLover

^
Seriously look at the colors!! The Graphic Garden and Fresh Cut palettes are the easiest to tell. I think it's a whole new generation of fakes... and look at the colors of the MSF!

TheTeenageMuse

IMO their Warm Blend looks completely massacred as compared to mine. Just the proportions..but maybe that's why the person is selling them? :S

Makeup Emporium

Sorry just not seeing what you're seeing. The pictures are definitely not great though. I just don't see the Mineralized Kits, Vial sets etc being faked. It's too much work for all the packaing and multiple products etc. Just my opinion.

marusia

I personally think that a lot of those items are real. I agree with Makeup Emporium on this one. Sorry.
th_dunno.gif

SakurasamaLover

I dont see why you think the MSF and kits are too expansive to be faked, because of the boxes? You can find nicer one at the dollar store. Heatherette and HK were faked but they never tried to replicate the palettes. And now behold we hare 100% sure that those Graphic Garden are fakes, other stuff too looks seriously suspicious at least. At least it's a new step in the counterfeit world and you brush it from the back of the hand like it's nothing?

**The color Forms Warm palette too, it doesn't even look like that; they didn't fake the right name for the right palette.

miss_primer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakurasamaLover
I dont see why you think the MSF and kits are too expansive to be faked, because of the boxes? You can find nicer one at the dollar store. Heatherette and HK were faked but they never tried to replicate the palettes. And now behold we hare 100% sure that those Graphic Garden are fakes, other stuff too looks seriously suspicious at least. At least it's a new step in the counterfeit world and you brush it from the back of the hand like it's nothing?

**The color Forms Warm palette too, it doesn't even look like that; they didn't fake the right name for the right palette.

I totally agree. It was easier for me to spot the fakes when it came to the palette than the mineralize items because those pics are fuzzy and dark. Any one with common sense would not buy from someone who is selling one fake MAC product hoping the other MAC products are real. Let those who don't want to believe do as they want. I just hope they won't post a pic of a collection full of fake MAC here on specktra.

LC

all of these items look real to me as well, and i'm a former employee, so i'm very familiar with older style packaging, etc. like makeup emporum said, it would be way too much work to replicate every type of product mac makes

the graphic garden palette *MIGHT* be a fake, but it's very possible that it got manufactured wrongly, and was sent to the cco right away because of it.

SakurasamaLover

Manufactured wrongly!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
It's not the right names for the shadow they don't look the same either... There's is no regular shadow from the line in those palettes, the colors aren't the same.

I can't believe that... anyway.
I think I'll buy one to see if the es are the real deal.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC
all of these items look real to me as well, and i'm a former employee, so i'm very familiar with older style packaging, etc. like makeup emporum said, it would be way too much work to replicate every type of product mac makes

the graphic garden palette *MIGHT* be a fake, but it's very possible that it got manufactured wrongly, and was sent to the cco right away because of it.

I agree as well. There is a Beauty Powder from A Rose Romance listed and you can see the raised rose design even in the blurry photo. I'd have a hard time believing that could be faked. Even the Graphic Gardens box in the background looks authentic. Granted I don't know a ton about spotting fakes, but are people really going as far as to reproduce detailed LE packaging?

I agree with whoever said this seller just made a trip to the CCO.

fallenang3l211

i agree with makeup emporium and lc. a lot of botched items go straight to ccos. i've been to the cco bi-weekly and i've seen just about all these items there including the holiday sets. i agree the graphic garden es listing in the description is wrong and that does look strange..but the rest of the stuff, blurry or not, doesn't look bad. none of the skinfinish trios are identical. i have smooth merge and warm blend and neither one looks like any of the others i've seen posted on specktra. would you think a skinfinish is fake just because one has different veining than the other?

i personally don't buy mac from ebay, but i do sell. i post photos of my receipts for authenticity purposes.

anyone buying mac or any other products from ebay should be aware of fakes. i think its wrong for people to sell fakes, but the blame can't be placed on the seller..the buyers hold responsibility, too. sellers keep selling fakes because people keep buying them.

miss_primer

I have never seen palettes or items at the CCO that had the wrong shadows and such in them. If anyone who has bought wrong/irregular items at the CCO I would be more incline to believe this. I have never seen totally the wrong colors in a palette. I thought the CCO was for overstock not actually items that were either damaged or done incorrectly. I think that if MAC would even release items like that for purchase to the general public that would lessen the brand in my opinion.