Im just not that into you anymore...

GlamYOURUs

MAKEUP. Im done with it. I have been done with it for a long while now. I don't touch the huge stash I have anymore. But I hate knowing that its there bc of how much I have accumulated over the years and now its a waste. I hardly wear anything. I wanted to freelance on the side which is why I bought so much but now I don't have time for it or to do tutorials on here anymore. Its kinda depressing to be honest bc it feels like all that money has gone down the drain. I could use it to pay for my nursing school and a wedding I am trying to prepare for which brings me to my next point.

I am going to sell ALL of it on specktra. Just havent had the time or patience to take pics and post them on here. I am sure a lot of you feel the same way. I think with the economy and people not wanting to buy, we are also losing interest in using what we already have and own. But thats not the main reason as to why Im not into it. I think I really lost the hobby out of the blue, don't know why or how really. It just doesn't appeal to me as it used to. I think we all go through that phase at one point.

Also which is why I haven't posted in several months. I do like this place, but I don't find the need to come on here and look up info when I am not going to make any purchases anytime soon. I noticed that its not as lively as it used to be.

I made this thread just to vent and express how I have been feeling lately. I miss you all, especially the ones I used to talk to often. Hope all is well and Happy Holidays to you all! =)

melozburngr

Same here, mine's all stowed in a drawer. It's lonely. I did my makeup sat night for the first time in months.

Kragey

I go through phases. Sometimes I'm like, "Christ, what did I plan to do with all of this stuff?" And I won't use it for a few months. Then one day I'm like, "Goddamn, I miss wearing make-up!"

Simply Elegant

I'm like that with MAC makeup. Just not that interested, especially in the newer stuff. I still use it but prefer my MUFE, NARS and Stila more now.

tepa1974

I kinda feel the same way too. I'm so irritated at myself for having spent so much money in the last year and a half and then more irritated when I realize that I can't possibly use all of it up. I've been much more pickier lately and only buy things that are different than what I already own and even those purchases have become very far and few between. I'm come to realize that I don't need every new item that comes out with every collection from every cosmetics line. I am on the road to recovery =).

MizzTropical

I would just keep ur basics, and sell the rest. You will probaly feel alot better getting some $$$ back for it. I know how you feel, I still love wearing makeup often but buying it in a million diff shades is def not a hobby of mine.

GlamYOURUs

I am serious going to sell all of it. No joke. And you're right, I would feel a lot better if I get some of the money back. I won't sell it for its retail price, even the new products I haven't used or opened. I just want to get rid of it all. I have a lot of LE items as well. Ugh it makes me sick but I need to be on that road of recovery and sell everything to people who would use it the most.

purrtykitty

I totally hear you. I lost my job back at the end of June, and since then, it's kinda been a downhill slide for me. I don't touch my makeup a whole lot since I don't go out much. I'm either at the gym or sitting around the house all day. Oddly enough, though...I still can't get enough of nail polish, lol.

I'm getting ready to list a bunch of stuff for sale, too. And I may list more, depending on what I hear about for this one job, but that won't be until January. If that doesn't pan out, I think I may be starting over again, which means I'll be going back to school...undergrad and everything.

Sidenote...a noted loss in interest in something(s) can be a marker of depression. Could that be a possibility? At any rate, I wish you the best in your pursuits!

coachkitten

I kind of understand how you feel. I personally still really love makeup but I don't feel as "addicted" to it as I used to. Maybe it is because I know that I have way more than I should already and I also am on a strict budget so I don't have as much extra money to buy tons from collections. I hardly ever really do my makeup anymore. Only just the basics for work.

Congratulations on school and your wedding! I really enjoyed all of your posts on Specktra and have missed your wonderful FOTDs and tutorials.

Specktra seems to have lost a lot of its more outspoken and lively members lately. It is a bit sad but I think that it will transition back to what it once was. I am here for the long haul.
smiles.gif

Also Karin I had no clue about your job. Sorry to hear that and I wish you good luck with your job hunt!
smiles.gif

sinergy

I think everyone needs a break now and then from their makeup addiction..i wasnt feeling mine much lately but i recently got a friend interested in MAC and slowly i am getting excited all over again when we talk about it. i introduced her to specktra
lol.gif
and her eyes bugged out like she had found the holy grail..i remember feeling that way when i first started coming here too..hope you have a great holiday also and hope you make a ton of $$$ on your sale(s)

xmrsvindieselx

I understand. I would keep the basics and get rid of what you don't want. I'm pregnant and doing it all on my own , so I don't really have the money to spend on makeup for myself. I'm starting to freelance and building up my collection slowly to do it. Its going to be hard for me, since my lil man is due in April and I start school in January. Plus I moved from NY to FL, so yeah...i know exactly how you feel lol. I'm gonna check out your sale thread ..maybe I can afford to buy a few things..GOOD LUCK WITH THE WEDDING!!!! <3

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
I totally hear you. I lost my job back at the end of June, and since then, it's kinda been a downhill slide for me. I don't touch my makeup a whole lot since I don't go out much. I'm either at the gym or sitting around the house all day. Oddly enough, though...I still can't get enough of nail polish, lol.

I'm getting ready to list a bunch of stuff for sale, too. And I may list more, depending on what I hear about for this one job, but that won't be until January. If that doesn't pan out, I think I may be starting over again, which means I'll be going back to school...undergrad and everything.

Sidenote...a noted loss in interest in something(s) can be a marker of depression. Could that be a possibility? At any rate, I wish you the best in your pursuits!

Well thats the thing, I am going to be starting my program soon and I will only be working weekends so it just sucks when I wasted so much on something that is of no use to me anymore. Plus, I don't go out much so there is no time to wear it.

I don't think I am depressed. lol I don't have anything to be depressed about. I really think its just stress of income. I want to sell a lot of things on ebay as well to get some cash flow going. But thank you for the well wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
I kind of understand how you feel. I personally still really love makeup but I don't feel as "addicted" to it as I used to. Maybe it is because I know that I have way more than I should already and I also am on a strict budget so I don't have as much extra money to buy tons from collections. I hardly ever really do my makeup anymore. Only just the basics for work.

Congratulations on school and your wedding! I really enjoyed all of your posts on Specktra and have missed your wonderful FOTDs and tutorials.

Specktra seems to have lost a lot of its more outspoken and lively members lately. It is a bit sad but I think that it will transition back to what it once was. I am here for the long haul.
smiles.gif

Also Karin I had no clue about your job. Sorry to hear that and I wish you good luck with your job hunt!
smiles.gif

Yeah I am not addicted anymore nor do I find the need to reach for basics. My latest addiction are nail polish and boots. lol But my retail therapy has died down too.

Aww thanks so much, I miss you all! Yeah it will eventually come back to life again. I will pop my head in every now and then.

L1LMAMAJ

i go through phases. sometimes i won't do my makeup for weeks, then sometimes i'll wanna do it everyday. i have to wear it for work everyday so i do my makeup. i still enjoy it but sometimes it can seem like a chore since it is required for work. good luck with your sale!

Miss QQ

I miss your posts. All the best for your school and wedding!
th_hug.gif

You never know, you might get into makeup in the future again. I think if we love makeup so much, it must be in our blood.
th_wink3.gif
We need a break sometimes. I'm starting to feel tired of makeup more frequently, but hopefully I will not just lose the passion completely.