Im just not that into you anymore...

LMD84

th_hug.gif
i too have missed your posts. and at least a nail polish obsession is much cheaper than mac and other cosmetics!
tong.gif

i still love my make up so am not 'over it' however i have been going to work a couple of days a week with a naked face. this is the first time ever i have done this. but it's more because i am working 6 days a week and want to let my skin breathe a little. and also because some mornings i wake up and i just don't have time or have no motivation to put any make up on! so i'd say i wear make up 4-5 times a week now rather than 6 times a week
smiles.gif

Lissa

I understand how you feel. I had so much makeup once and was addicted to collecting it. Then I just sold all of it. Since then I have built up a small collection of things I actually will use and which suit me. It's much more satisfying to keep a few items that you appreciate and you know look good, than to have masses of things you will never wear.

I'm sure your sale will take off though, and I for one will be looking out for it!

..kels*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
Yeah I am not addicted anymore nor do I find the need to reach for basics. My latest addiction are nail polish and boots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Oddly enough, though...I still can't get enough of nail polish, lol.

I'm the same way.. OBSESSED with nail polish right now!! I've noticed a lot more "Nail Polish Collection" posts on Specktra recently too.. might have something to do with the recession, as it's a cheap(er) way to accessorize..?? Obviously I'm still purchasing makeup for my Freelance Kit, but I haven't added to my personal stash in soooo long! And I literally never do up my eyes anymore. Mascara & I'm out the door..

chocolategoddes

girl, I LOOOOVED your looks, too. But i get what you're saying.

for me its college life. i barely have time for it and i havent even touched it in a week. crazy

bis

Yup, I know what you mean. And I miss your posts on Specktra a lot.
All the best for your wedding
smiles.gif
and school.

Sorry about your job, purrtykitty, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you in January!

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmrsvindieselx
I can't see it either!

Its an old link. I have to make a new sales thread now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
i go through phases. sometimes i won't do my makeup for weeks, then sometimes i'll wanna do it everyday. i have to wear it for work everyday so i do my makeup. i still enjoy it but sometimes it can seem like a chore since it is required for work. good luck with your sale!

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
I miss your posts. All the best for your school and wedding!
th_hug.gif

You never know, you might get into makeup in the future again. I think if we love makeup so much, it must be in our blood.
th_wink3.gif
We need a break sometimes. I'm starting to feel tired of makeup more frequently, but hopefully I will not just lose the passion completely.

Yeah I will never know but for right now I could definitely use the money than makeup. I have to be practical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
th_hug.gif
i too have missed your posts. and at least a nail polish obsession is much cheaper than mac and other cosmetics!
tong.gif

i still love my make up so am not 'over it' however i have been going to work a couple of days a week with a naked face. this is the first time ever i have done this. but it's more because i am working 6 days a week and want to let my skin breathe a little. and also because some mornings i wake up and i just don't have time or have no motivation to put any make up on! so i'd say i wear make up 4-5 times a week now rather than 6 times a week
smiles.gif

Awww thanks
th_hug.gif
Hahah yeah nail polish is definitely cheaper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa
I understand how you feel. I had so much makeup once and was addicted to collecting it. Then I just sold all of it. Since then I have built up a small collection of things I actually will use and which suit me. It's much more satisfying to keep a few items that you appreciate and you know look good, than to have masses of things you will never wear.

I'm sure your sale will take off though, and I for one will be looking out for it!

Thanks so much, I hope it will!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_my_apple
your sale thread link doesnt work .

Its an old link. I will have to make a new one very soon. Don't worry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..kels*
I'm the same way.. OBSESSED with nail polish right now!! I've noticed a lot more "Nail Polish Collection" posts on Specktra recently too.. might have something to do with the recession, as it's a cheap(er) way to accessorize..?? Obviously I'm still purchasing makeup for my Freelance Kit, but I haven't added to my personal stash in soooo long! And I literally never do up my eyes anymore. Mascara & I'm out the door..

I hear ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
girl, I LOOOOVED your looks, too. But i get what you're saying.

for me its college life. i barely have time for it and i havent even touched it in a week. crazy

Yeah sometimes life calls and you gotta answer!

Shadowy Lady

First of all, I was so happy to see your post, we all have missed you around here
th_hug.gif
Also, congrats on the wedding
smiles.gif
It's gonna be the greatest day of your life.

To answer to the thread though, I'm def not buying as much or being as obsessed as I was back in 07 and early 08. I have also started to branch out to various other brands (like Lise watier, Nars and MUFE). I no longer feel the need to do my makeup everyday, instead I try different techniques and colour combos on the weekend. I have not been inside a MAC store since September (before I used to be there twice a month, haha). I honestly feel overwhelmed with my collection. I've started to give a lot of stuff away...

You're right about Specktra not been the happening place it used to be. I really have no idea why though
th_dunno.gif
I myself have been extremely busy at work, working for over 10 hours with no breaks so I'm too exhausted in the evenings to want to turn on my labtop
ssad.gif
But I'm on occasionally and still enjoy this place.

Hope to see you post again more, maybe try the non makeup related threads
winkiss.gif

abbyquack

I have definitely felt similar lately- I've been so overwhelmed with how much makeup that I have (more and more just seems to appear!), so I've kinda been turned off at getting more. I got rid of a TON of it, realizing that I wasn't going to use it, and now with new things, I'm very selective about what I get. I think these phases come and go with the ebb and flow of life- my life has gotten a little busier lately so that has kind of affected my interest as well.

xxManBeaterxx

I'm going to miss your gorgeous fotd's!!

Maybe you'll experience the same thing i did... I got bored of my overwhelming collection for a few years, i barely touched anything but the everyday essentials. Then suddenly out of no where i fell in love with it all over again.. You can't take the addict out of us mac girls for too long..

Janice

I feel you. I've spent the better part of this year absolutely apathetic about makeup. I had a hard time after I went through changes in my personal and professional life. Makeup was the last thing on my mind, and I even starting resenting it when I would walk into my office and think of how much money I had spent on it over these years. At times, when I needed a little cash to pay a bill I would sell of parts of my collection. Going through it like that helped me determine what I really wanted to keep and what was never going to move out of the drawer ever again. (potentially destined to simply spoil, what a waste!)

Recently, I've started to come out of the funk though. Now I look at my collection when I walk into my office I realize that makeup was always there for me, even when I wasn't using it for it's intended purpose. Over the past few weeks I've begun to fall in love again. But this time instead of feeling like I need everything, I take the time to look through what I have and ask myself if I am duplicating another product in my collection.

Also after selling off some of during those times, it allowed me to really sort through what I have. I feel like I have refined my makeup tastes and am ready to start fresh again. Though I still have a vanity overflowing with product even after thinning it out, when I do my makeup now everything I use comes out of a small cosmetic bag I keep on my desk. That's what's right for me right now simple, clean and fresh. No more of this backup of a backup, everyone is lemming this right now crap for me

Just wanted to share what I went through since I've been there and am just now starting to see the other side. Do what's right for you babe, we'll miss seeing your gorgeous self. Hopefully that spark will reignite at some point and we'll see ya back around the board! <3

abbyquack

^^ I agree, it's really nice when you reach that point where you can find plenty of dupes in the collection- I used to think I'd never be the kind of person who looked for duplicates, and now I'm doing just that, realizing that MAC recycles their colors VERY frequently. Like, once you've done a full year of MAC collections, you pretty much have seen most of MAC, and then there are unique colors here and there, but that's about it. Even with the Warm & Cozy collection, I can safely say I have dupe able e/s for every single one, and the MSFs as well...

nunu

I have missed your posts as well. Good luck with everything girl
heart.gif

Karin, sorry about the job
ssad.gif
th_hug.gif

moonlit

Monica, miss your fotds!! I was hoping you would come back to specktra..

I understand what you are going through.. I have soooo much makeup now and its depressing me
ssad.gif
I dont use much... what on earth was I thinking when I got all that.. I am so GLAD I dint buy all the YSL lipsticks and shadows now last week and the SA was going on and on about how there is some offer and I was telling her how broke I am.. so annoying.. I have so much that I havent used already..

I wear foundation, blush, eyeliner and viva glam 5 that I wear for office / when I go out.. Thats about it.. I am not excited about makeup anymore
ssad.gif

btw Congrats about school and wedding
smiles.gif

ndn-ista

I have been MIA as well because I feel the EXACT same way. I am not into all those crazy colors and looks, although I still love them. A simply smokey eye with some foundation, bronzer/blush, mascara and a lippie and im out the door. I don't have the time to research what brand/item is hot now and spend the money for it. I used to buy mostly all high end makeup, but now honestly, my most of my favorite items are all drug store.

Eyeliner - L'oreal extra-instense eyeliner, i love it better then stila onyx

Mascara - Physician's Formula - Plump Potion (i always get compliments with this) and L'oreal Voluminous

Blush - I can do without, but don't really have a favorite. I use MAC Gingerly since I have it or other blushed in my case.

Eyeshadow - Any neutral really

Lipstick - L'oreal Fairest Nude with MAC Chai l/g, I might check out Siss l/s from MAC

Foundation - eh any really

Bronzer - Prestige Baked Bronzer, or Nars Laugua, trying to finish what I have

rbella

Oh damn girl. I've missed you so much.
ssad.gif
Congrats on the engagement!!

I feel you. I have so much shizz that I don't know what to do with and I realized that I just don't care that much about it right now. I might at some other time, but things are very hectic right now and the love I had for makeup just doesn't fit in.

I agree with ndn-ista, I don't have the time to research for high end, especially when I can find some very good products at the drug store.

The saddest part? Instead of using my stash, I'm using my drug store items and re-stocking b/c they are easier to find amongst the massive stash of high end items I never utilize. I also don't feel like deciding which taupe-brown with a hint of shimmer would work better for me today?

I am sure I'll get back to lovin' my makeup. I see some FOTD's and think "damn, that looks awesome". I just am too dang lazy and tired from work to try.

Glad to see you post. I missed you terribly.

Karin-I'm so sorry. I had no idea. I hope you are ok.
th_cheerup.gif

CantAffordMAC

First of all, I miss you! I feel the same way. I still wear makeup but sometimes Im lazy and I dont really feel as excited as I used to. I hardly come on here anymore either, Im always busy with work or my boyfriend and I dont even have money to buy makeup. I am trying to get myself more interested in it though. I miss everyone here a lot too and I wish I could get on more.

Ill definetly buy some of ur makeup though
smiles.gif

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx
I'm going to miss your gorgeous fotd's!!

Maybe you'll experience the same thing i did... I got bored of my overwhelming collection for a few years, i barely touched anything but the everyday essentials. Then suddenly out of no where i fell in love with it all over again.. You can't take the addict out of us mac girls for too long..

Aww thanks. Maybe I will post one once in a while. Now that I am going through my inventory, I kind of get excited again but I am trying my hardest not to play with them. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
I feel you. I've spent the better part of this year absolutely apathetic about makeup. I had a hard time after I went through changes in my personal and professional life. Makeup was the last thing on my mind, and I even starting resenting it when I would walk into my office and think of how much money I had spent on it over these years. At times, when I needed a little cash to pay a bill I would sell of parts of my collection. Going through it like that helped me determine what I really wanted to keep and what was never going to move out of the drawer ever again. (potentially destined to simply spoil, what a waste!)

Recently, I've started to come out of the funk though. Now I look at my collection when I walk into my office I realize that makeup was always there for me, even when I wasn't using it for it's intended purpose. Over the past few weeks I've begun to fall in love again. But this time instead of feeling like I need everything, I take the time to look through what I have and ask myself if I am duplicating another product in my collection.

Also after selling off some of during those times, it allowed me to really sort through what I have. I feel like I have refined my makeup tastes and am ready to start fresh again. Though I still have a vanity overflowing with product even after thinning it out, when I do my makeup now everything I use comes out of a small cosmetic bag I keep on my desk. That's what's right for me right now simple, clean and fresh. No more of this backup of a backup, everyone is lemming this right now crap for me

Just wanted to share what I went through since I've been there and am just now starting to see the other side. Do what's right for you babe, we'll miss seeing your gorgeous self. Hopefully that spark will reignite at some point and we'll see ya back around the board! <3

Wow thats exactly what I went through and going through. Thanks I miss all of you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
^^ I agree, it's really nice when you reach that point where you can find plenty of dupes in the collection- I used to think I'd never be the kind of person who looked for duplicates, and now I'm doing just that, realizing that MAC recycles their colors VERY frequently. Like, once you've done a full year of MAC collections, you pretty much have seen most of MAC, and then there are unique colors here and there, but that's about it. Even with the Warm & Cozy collection, I can safely say I have dupe able e/s for every single one, and the MSFs as well...

Yeah I remember being on here and going dupe crazy
lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
I have missed your posts as well. Good luck with everything girl
heart.gif

Karin, sorry about the job
ssad.gif
th_hug.gif

I miss you too! Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlit
Monica, miss your fotds!! I was hoping you would come back to specktra..

I understand what you are going through.. I have soooo much makeup now and its depressing me
ssad.gif
I dont use much... what on earth was I thinking when I got all that.. I am so GLAD I dint buy all the YSL lipsticks and shadows now last week and the SA was going on and on about how there is some offer and I was telling her how broke I am.. so annoying.. I have so much that I havent used already..

I wear foundation, blush, eyeliner and viva glam 5 that I wear for office / when I go out.. Thats about it.. I am not excited about makeup anymore
ssad.gif

btw Congrats about school and wedding
smiles.gif

Aww thanks, I miss everything about this place, the people, the excitement of new upcoming collections. Thanks for the well wishes.
th_hug.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndn-ista
I have been MIA as well because I feel the EXACT same way. I am not into all those crazy colors and looks, although I still love them. A simply smokey eye with some foundation, bronzer/blush, mascara and a lippie and im out the door. I don't have the time to research what brand/item is hot now and spend the money for it. I used to buy mostly all high end makeup, but now honestly, my most of my favorite items are all drug store.

Eyeliner - L'oreal extra-instense eyeliner, i love it better then stila onyx

Mascara - Physician's Formula - Plump Potion (i always get compliments with this) and L'oreal Voluminous

Blush - I can do without, but don't really have a favorite. I use MAC Gingerly since I have it or other blushed in my case.

Eyeshadow - Any neutral really

Lipstick - L'oreal Fairest Nude with MAC Chai l/g, I might check out Siss l/s from MAC

Foundation - eh any really

Bronzer - Prestige Baked Bronzer, or Nars Laugua, trying to finish what I have

Yeah I tend to keep it very simple now. I think the only things I reach for are concealer, blush and eye liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
Oh damn girl. I've missed you so much.
ssad.gif
Congrats on the engagement!!

I feel you. I have so much shizz that I don't know what to do with and I realized that I just don't care that much about it right now. I might at some other time, but things are very hectic right now and the love I had for makeup just doesn't fit in.

I agree with ndn-ista, I don't have the time to research for high end, especially when I can find some very good products at the drug store.

The saddest part? Instead of using my stash, I'm using my drug store items and re-stocking b/c they are easier to find amongst the massive stash of high end items I never utilize. I also don't feel like deciding which taupe-brown with a hint of shimmer would work better for me today?

I am sure I'll get back to lovin' my makeup. I see some FOTD's and think "damn, that looks awesome". I just am too dang lazy and tired from work to try.

Glad to see you post. I missed you terribly.

Karin-I'm so sorry. I had no idea. I hope you are ok.
th_cheerup.gif

Omg rbella my bella <3 I miss you so much! Thank you! You used to crack me up and I would always have a good time reading your posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
First of all, I miss you! I feel the same way. I still wear makeup but sometimes Im lazy and I dont really feel as excited as I used to. I hardly come on here anymore either, Im always busy with work or my boyfriend and I dont even have money to buy makeup. I am trying to get myself more interested in it though. I miss everyone here a lot too and I wish I could get on more.

Ill definetly buy some of ur makeup though
smiles.gif

I miss you too my other half! lol I am going to post my sale thread today. Finally got done taking all the pics. Its so time consuming. Ugh But I do hope I sell what I have bc I don't know what else to do with it. Most of it is LE and items that people are always looking for. I'll keep the thread in my sig

euphrosyne_rose

Like so many others here, I know how you feel too and I don't even have what I would call a "considerable" stash. Over the past year and a half, I have accumulated so much stuff and probably 3/4 of it goes unused except for occasionally. I then put up a sale thread to get rid of some of it and I have sold some of it but then I really wanted to get rid of it so I joined MUA and then realized I was only exchanging stuff for MORE stuff I didn't need! I recently suspended my items on MUA and I plan on revamping my sale thread here b/c I just don't use the stuff. It's not that I don't enjoy the m/u or talking or reading about it b/c I do, but honestly, half the time I don't feel like doing anything more complicated than maybe one e/s color and liner, if that. Most days for work I do my basic face and just liner and I feel like that suits me best alot of the time. I've also noticed lately that my tastes in colors has changed. I used to NEVER be a "neutral kind of girl" but the past few weeks I've been all about subtle, neutral colors. Sometimes I feel like it's an "age" thing, like "Hey, I'm 30, it's time to tone it down" but I've never been one of those types of people that ever believed that you had to follow color "rules" and age wasn't something I ever factored in either.

Maybe it's a phase and maybe it's just not something I'm crazy about anymore. I find the need lately for things to just be "simple" and I like it that way! Don't feel bad about having all the stuff even though I feel bad about mine.
shockt.gif
You bought all that stuff b/c you had an interest in it and it wasn't like you bought it and had no intention of ever using it. I am willing to bet you'll be able to sell most if not all of it and I wish you luck with it.
greengrin.gif
If the fever hits again, maybe next time you'll be able to hold back better with buying stuff. That's what's happened to me!
specktra_rocks.gif