i'm not accepting that Gladiola doesn't look right .

Rudyru

Girl, your mom does not know what she is saying! It looks gorgeous on you, doesn't look clownish at all.

Man, I'm jealous, I wish I had your complexion, because I'd be rocking bold colours like that ALLLLL the time! It just makes everything pop!

urbanD0LL

LOL @ aziajs , true that's not really a good look ... But I mean GlamYOURUs , you are saying it as a compliment so thanks still .

And thanks Miss.FlirtyDiva & Rudyru !! Even though I can't stand my complexion , I wish I was either darker or lighter . I'm always so confused and in the middle of everything lol . That's why I always pick colors and then I'm like WTF !!!!!!!!

aziza

I really do like this color on you! It looks very runway...all it needs is some tweaking and it'll be fab. Post some pics when you try it again pretty please?

urbanD0LL

thanks . but i don't think i'll try it again , it's giving me a headache , i'm bringing it back LOL . another one of my lip issues aside from being quite voluptuous , the top lip is darker than the bottom one & that always makes things more complicated .
th_rolleye0014.gif

spectrolite

^^I have the same issue with my lips but I totally rock that Gladiola. I guess you just have to be comfortable wearing colours that are out there. I have a love affair with hot pink/bright pink lipsticks and I think they contrast nicely with my dark skin
greengrin.gif

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanD0LL
LOL @ aziajs , true that's not really a good look ... But I mean GlamYOURUs , you are saying it as a compliment so thanks still .

And thanks Miss.FlirtyDiva & Rudyru !! Even though I can't stand my complexion , I wish I was either darker or lighter . I'm always so confused and in the middle of everything lol . That's why I always pick colors and then I'm like WTF !!!!!!!!

To each their own. I wasn't talking about her hot mess with the green hair and what not. She was made to represent the colors in that collection as well as a sweet cupcake.

However, as someone mentioned, this color looks so runway on you. Which is the point I was trying to make. You should do the eyes smokey, add some falsies for drama and top of the color with a clear gloss in the center, imagine how hot that would be!
drools.gif

aziza

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite
^^I have the same issue with my lips but I totally rock that Gladiola. I guess you just have to be comfortable wearing colours that are out there. I have a love affair with hot pink/bright pink lipsticks and I think they contrast nicely with my dark skin
greengrin.gif

Oooh....I absolutely love bright lips on brown girls too! We should have a Bright Lips for Brown Girls FOTD week. That would be awesome.
drools.gif

aziza

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
However, as someone mentioned, this color looks so runway on you. Which is the point I was trying to make. You should do the eyes smokey, add some falsies for drama and top of the color with a clear gloss in the center, imagine how hot that would be!
drools.gif

Yup...or you could go all minimalist and do sheer eyes with a pop of color on the cheek. Hmmm...I think I want to do this today!
lol.gif

M.A.C. head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziza
Oooh....I absolutely love bright lips on brown girls too! We should have a Bright Lips for Brown Girls FOTD week. That would be awesome.
drools.gif

That actually sounds like way too much fun!

chocolategoddes

^^^ i agree. lets totally do it!

ETA: My MAC makeover fotd has me wearing Up the Amp l/s with Nightmoth l/l. A pretty purple lip.

TISH1124

I am resubmitting my one from last week....It is so fair!!! That is as BRIGHT as I have ever gotten

TISH1124

I saw this picture online of this model...Don't know who she is...But she reminded me of you...Girl wear your Gladiola

gladiola.jpg

lilMAClady

I actually just got this yesterday and LOVE it!! I'm NC45 and LOVE bold lips! Put it on and blot it down to a stain if you are a bit reserved about wearing it full force, or apply it to you bottom lip and press your lips together. But I think its a fab color especially now that we're coming into spring. People always stare when I wear bold lips (or shadows for that matter, I'm in a small town) but I like to think they're thinking "Damn, I wish I was bold enough to pull that off!" LOL
Make it work girl!

urbanD0LL

wow ladies so much support lol , thanks !!!

but TISH1127 , her shade is a bit darker and more purple-ish , i could work with that . gladiola just isn't for me lol =(

lilchocolatema

I freakin' LOVE Gladiola!!!! I'm wearing it here with NYX Fuschia Lip Liner. My foundation is a bit wacky with all the Talc and the camera flash, but I love this look!

Gladiola.jpg

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanD0LL
wow ladies so much support lol , thanks !!!

but TISH1127 , her shade is a bit darker and more purple-ish , i could work with that . gladiola just isn't for me lol =(

Put Ever So Rich c/g on top of it