IMATS NYC 2014 April 11-13th

Shars

I plan on going again this year. Last year I only went on pro night and Sunday (my friend was only able to get a Sunday ticket and I didn't want to leave her in the hotel room alone on Saturday) but if you can afford both days and want to really soak in everything then I would definitely say go for it. If your only reason for going is to buy products then Saturday is your best bet. If you wait until Sunday you risk popular items being sold out.
Yeah, I think that's what my friend and I will do. We're coming from overseas as well and loads of the brands there we don't get locally so we'd rather two bites at the cherry lol. How early would you say we should get there to get a good place in line. I'd really like to check out Inglot but I've heard their line is one of the longest!

butterflyeyes

Yeah, I think that's what my friend and I will do. We're coming from overseas as well and loads of the brands there we don't get locally so we'd rather two bites at the cherry lol. How early would you say we should get there to get a good place in line. I'd really like to check out Inglot but I've heard their line is one of the longest!
Honestly I'd get there at least 30 mins before the show starts. The line outside will be long for the non-pro card holders. But it tends to move quickly. Inglot is usually a long line. If SugarPill and LimeCrime are there again they will have long lines. Make Up For Ever and some others also tend to have long lines too. But LimeCrime was the worst! 2 hrs during pro night and maybe longer on the regular days

Shars

Honestly I'd get there at least 30 mins before the show starts. The line outside will be long for the non-pro card holders. But it tends to move quickly. Inglot is usually a long line. If SugarPill and LimeCrime are there again they will have long lines. Make Up For Ever and some others also tend to have long lines too. But LimeCrime was the worst! 2 hrs during pro night and maybe longer on the regular days
Damn! That is crazy. Both sugarpill and LC are gonna be there according to the floor plan but I know there'll be other retailers who stock Lime crime product that will be there as well. So depending on the discount, I'll decide. I only want one velvetine from them anyways lol.

butterflyeyes

Damn! That is crazy. Both sugarpill and LC are gonna be there according to the floor plan but I know there'll be other retailers who stock Lime crime product that will be there as well. So depending on the discount, I'll decide. I only want one velvetine from them anyways lol.
If they do like last year the Velvetines won't be discounted. None of the other booths carried LC items either but maybe it will be different this year

alexisweaver

Hey Ladies. Anybody planning on attending IMATS NY this year? It seems from the previous posts that both days is a good idea but not a must. I have to finalise my list of must haves and compare to the expected discounts to confirm whether both days make sense. I kind of want to go both days for the fun and the experience though lol.
I'm going on Saturday! This is my first time and I'm excited!

Shars

I'm going on Saturday! This is my first time and I'm excited!
pompom.gif
I'm excited too!

butterflyeyes

Wow okay. We'll I'll play it by ear then. They're going to be close to the entrance/exit so I can always peep there when I go in and then mosey around and come back. :pompom:  I'm excited too!
I'll be honest...if you can do the buddy system and have one of you stand in that line (it will be long quickly) while the other goes to other booths that may be your best defense. Especially if you don't get inside early enough to be part of the first people in their line. The longer you wait to join their line the more frustrating it tends to get. Last year the line for LimeCrime was literally out side of the venue lol

Shars

I'll be honest...if you can do the buddy system and have one of you stand in that line (it will be long quickly) while the other goes to other booths that may be your best defense. Especially if you don't get inside early enough to be part of the first people in their line. The longer you wait to join their line the more frustrating it tends to get. Last year the line for LimeCrime was literally out side of the venue lol
Thanks so much. That buddy system sounds like a good idea. I hope people don't get rowdy/pushy. I hate when that happens. We're hoping to stay close to the venue and it starts at 10am each day this year so getting there for 9 won't be too big a deal I don't think. Do you live in NY? If not/if so, where do you think is a good area to stay in? I usually stay near to 34th St/Penn St area if I get a good deal since it's usually close to quite a bit of the metro lines. Most of my family in NY live in Brooklyn or the Bronx and I'd rather be closer to the action haha.

Yazmin

I agree. Brands like Lime Crime (SugarPill, OCC, etc) will be the booths people flock to first so best to get there asap. If you can team up as Butterflyeyes suggested, all the better.

butterflyeyes

Thanks so much. That buddy system sounds like a good idea. I hope people don't get rowdy/pushy. I hate when that happens. We're hoping to stay close to the venue and it starts at 10am each day this year so getting there for 9 won't be too big a deal I don't think. Do you live in NY? If not/if so, where do you think is a good area to stay in? I usually stay near to 34th St/Penn St area if I get a good deal since it's usually close to quite a bit of the metro lines. Most of my family in NY live in Brooklyn or the Bronx and I'd rather be closer to the action haha.
No I live in Georgia. I usually stay at the Millenium Hotel. I'm not sure if that's what I'll do this time though since it looks like I'll be going alone and it can be expensive. But I love that thr subway access is right there and it's an easy to navigate area. You have a walk a few blocks from the train station to get to the venue but it's not bad. I've also taken a can to the venue when pinched for time but again it was a cost I was able to split with someone.

Yazmin

butterflyeyes

Oops, I meant LA! Thanks for calling my attention to that.
I know sometimes tickets show up on eBay. Last year some were listed at reasonable prices. It's something to consider if all else fails. Also check on IG. I remember people selling their extra tickets on there last year.

Shars

I hope everyone that is planning to go to the NYC Imats in April has bought their tickets. The Saturday General Admission tickets are now sold out!

Latest posts