Infractions?

purrtykitty

Nothing as far as I know. I think it's just to let you know that you did something against forum rules. Maybe the "infraction" part makes it so you'll be less likely to do it again?

xbrookecorex

Yeah I have a couple from oversized images and they make me feel like a criminal, but I just suck at technology haha I haven't noticed them effecting anything, but they probably do if they build up a lot maybe?

SkylarV217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
Mine were from my signature being too big!

Well Hilly .... it's your bragging about loosing all that weight and getting married .... we just can't stand happy people
th_LMAO.gif
tong.gif
winkiss.gif

Simply Elegant

I think if you have a certain amount built up you can be banned but I'm not sure if it's that way on Specktra, but I've heard of this being done on other message boards.

COBI

I wish there was at least a warning first (or that your first infraction would expire at some point) because although I understand why I got an infraction (pics were too large), it did make me feel bad at first.

Clarification: What I got *was* a warning; not the full infraction that I thought (although it resides under the "infractions" listing on my cp.)

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
where do you see if you have an infraction?

You would receive a private message, and all infractions would be listed on your User CP between "New Subscribed Threads" and "Latest Reputation Received".

sofabean

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
where do you see if you have an infraction?

if you check your user cp, you should see it only if you have one.

SkylarV217

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI
I wish there was at least a warning first (or that your first infraction would expire at some point) because although I understand why I got an infraction (pics were too large), it did make me feel bad at first.

Completely agree, I felt like I got in trouble... for something I didn't even know was wrong, when I got my oversized picture thing... I thought that since the tread had a size limit , if you picture was too large it wouldn't allow it... I'm not very computer savvy so I don't even know how to find out let alone change the size of the picture.

xbrookecorex

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarV217
Completely agree, I felt like I got in trouble... for something I didn't even know was wrong, when I got my oversized picture thing... I thought that since the tread had a size limit , if you picture was too large it wouldn't allow it... I'm not very computer savvy so I don't even know how to find out let alone change the size of the picture.

Same here! I feel soooooo bad/guilty every time I get one (I have 3 for oversized pics) and Im like ahhhh sorry Im computer stupid and photobucket never works right for me!

Janice

Infractions serve as a warning that your account has done something outside of Specktra guidelines. We don't have a complex set of rules, but those we do have we enforce for the continuity and order of the forum. This is a well moderated community and Staff is heavily involved in the forum. It's really a wonderful benefit to you the user and the experience you have while visiting our site.
smiles.gif

Oversized images are probably the #1 infraction issued. We have this guideline clearly posted in the FOTD forum and it is also in our set of general forum guidelines.

We won't ban a member for infractions unless it's something extremely excessive and we can no longer babysit the account. Even then it won't be a ban, rather we would suspend the accounts posting privileges.

Banning is reserved for serious abuse or offense and is performed at Administrations discretion, to respect the accounts privacy details are rarely (read never) discussed publically.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI

I'm looking at your profile now and you've only ever received a warning, never an infraction. We can't exactly warn for a warning, you know?

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
I'm looking at your profile now and you've only ever received a warning, never an infraction. We can't exactly warn for a warning, you know?

Doh!
fool.gif
My bad; that must be why there are not points assigned to it.

I clearly didn't fully understand it; I didn't realize there was a difference between what I got and a full "infraction" because it's just listed under infractions on my cp.

Thank you for clarifying!
thmbup.gif

Latest posts