Is it just me...or this is kinda bad? lol

MAC_Pixie04

So...every once in a while (usually when there's a new catalog) we put a new "makeover" article on Sephora.com...and they're usually not bad. But the last few have been really...not good.

This one IMO isn't HORRIBLE, but it's definitely not something I would spotlight on our website, because it doesn't showcase the product or the artistry in a positive light.

Fragrance, Cosmetics & the Finest Facial Skin Care Product Selection at Sephora.com

Now...it could be just me, but I think if they're gonna do these step by step before&after makeovers, they should get a real photographer. Those pics look like the makeup pictures I take in my dimly lit bedroom before I go out. And they used mineral makeup, which usually isn't camera friendly, especially with the flash on. Her complexion IMO looks very pancakey and her eyes have like reverse racoon eyes (like sunglass tan). And I think it makes her look like an old woman who got into her 16 year old daughter's makeup, even though clearly in her before picture (which IMO is better than the after shot) she's a beautiful young woman with a very healthy complexion and a great natural appeal. I think the look is good, the concept of it is very fun...but this doesn't really showcase it well.

ssad.gif
it makes me feel sad...

MiCHiE

She looks awful, but that look is not too hot, anyway. It just looks unfinished and messy. And, damn, he could've done something with her brows.

xxsgtigressxx

That look looks terrible in my opinion, and I love bright blue eyeshadow. I dont think he blended it well at all...and I think if he was going to do something that bright he shouldnt have used a berry-ish lip, but a nude. I could do better makeup than that in a heartbeat.

aziajs

Awwww...I saw this! I was really surprised that they showcased this. She looks horrible. It just looks poorly applied and amateurish.

liv

That color lipstick with blue eyeshadow looks SO dated. Ugh. And it doesn't look properly applied at all. I've seen loads better step by step tutorials on here.

Dreamergirl3

took the words right outta my mouth! I just saw this on Sephora.com last night and was like..."hm, really?" lol! Glad to know others thought the same thing

CantAffordMAC

I agree with everything you said. It wouldn't be a bad eyeshadow choice either but its kind like they just slapped it on there. I don't know whats off about the shadow, but its not right.

Weird.

wolfsong

It looks like a random candid photo from the 80's... It looks cheap.

She's beautiful, with great natural skin; and yet they do that atrocious too-pale undereye concealer thing. It looks like they made a big mistake with the blue on each eye, and just covered it with a thick layer of pale loose foundation to hide it.

The lip and eye colours should never go together like that - they clash in a bad way (rather than the 'meant to' clashing that is common with bright coloured looks). And where is the eyebrow highlighter?
With that colour eyeshadow, the brows need colour to stop them looking so washed out/grey - it looks like they have caught foundation powder.

However, on the close up photos; those eye colours look amazing with her brown eyes! Shame about the application etc.

*KT*

I think I'd rather go out with dark eyes than have my undereye area look that white.