Is it just me...or this is kinda bad? lol

SparklingWaves

My sister, mother, and cousins never wore their makeup like this in the 1960s. They would wear a touch of matte blue or green e/s on their lids NOT under them like that. They would wear a heavy black liquid eyeliner on the upper lid. They barely wore foundation and not heavy application of concealer.

What is up with the concealer? It's on the nose and looks like white out under the eyes? Wait! I think that I did that too in the 80's. I was quite a site to behold.

Hey, I think they got the pictures reversed of the before and after.

glam8babe

thats just sick!!! eurghhh
it looks like a lil girl has done it on her! I think they need to come and look at the FOTD's on specktra before they do a before and after lol

newagetomatoz

I love bright blue eyeshadow with a passion, but when I saw that look I just cringed. There is no blending or changing of colors, and that choice of lip color is not helping the situation at all! And I just want to smack the MA for putting concealer under her eyes like that!! ARRGHHH!!

KeshieShimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Awwww...I saw this! I was really surprised that they showcased this. She looks horrible. It just looks poorly applied and amateurish.

She looks like crap.

Tashona Helena

haha I thought I was the only one who thought this was bad. I looked at it and was like..."Uhh...I guess he knows what he's doing?" Maybe he had an off day. I was looking at the Too Faced one too though I think it's really the lighting too.

Juneplum

icon_eek.gif
what were they thinking????

QTAllStarGurl

that looks bad!!! the eye and lip just dont go together at all and the blending is awful...it doesn't look blended at all..and I kno most sephora artists can do better then that....yah not good at all

lazytolove

maybe a lil bit less blue and more smokey and black liner. I think that's a nice blue color but less is more =]

MAC_Pixie04

THANK YOU!

Everybody at work was humiliated that this ended up ONLINE for the PUBLIC to see. I'm glad I'm not just being overcritical, it's terrible!!!

That mineral makeup is absolutely NOT camera-ready. I'm embarrassed lol

And hellz yes to whoever was equally appalled at the Too Face one. I unfortunately got punked into being their model at a training, and they made me look like a cracked out tranny. Black/green eyeshadow all the way up to my brows and hot pink lips! Terrible!

redambition

errrrr... are they for real?

i don't mind the colours so much, but the application and the reverse tan around the eyes... argh!

*hides from the scary makeup*

Cosmopolitics

I think that picture belongs in the "Makeup Crimes" thread.
lmao.gif

The picture quality is shoddy. C'mon Sephora, couldn't you get a guy with a better camera than a Kodak Easyshare?
Horrible blending. It looks like some eight-year-old kid applied it.
The awful undereye concealer. Puuuuke.
Horrid foundation. Her "before" shot had her complexion looking a million times better than after that shoddy foundtion and ghostly undereye concealer were applied.
Mismatched makeup. Berry lips...with bright blue eyeshadow? Uh...no. That looks like something I'd might see on Kelly Osbourne, she's a textbook example of what not to do with makeup.

I'm surprised that got okayed! Someone had to have not been in their right mind, or have been on drugs, or something.

MAC_Pixie04

FYI I just found out....

That entire thing was done by Urban Decay artists/designers/marketing team. The only dumbass thing Sephora had to do with it was upload it to our website lol

I have a little more faith now in our National Artists, but hot damn! It still makes me shudder lol.

astronaut

I figured it was from the Urban Decay artists since all the products were Urban Decay. I don't expect much from them considering they posted a blog entry once on myspace:
Myspace.com Blogs - Don’t Be a Dirty Makeup Artist - Urban Decay Cosmetics MySpace Blog
Quote:
We recently caught up with one of our favorite up-and-coming makeup artists, Jeni Chua, and she passed along a helpful hint WE didn't even think of. For hygienic purposes, she recommends not using the brush provided when applying our Liquid Liner on multiple clients.

That's nasty. Corporate UD didn't think of that? I'm surprised whoever runs the myspace actually approved my comment saying "REALLY Urban Decay? You guys didn't know that?" considering I was pretty much insulting them!

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of UD shadows that I really love, but the company itself... iono.

Leilani78

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
I've seen clowns with better makeup.
ssad.gif

LOL. Indeed.

I think this look will scare anyone away those who naturally shy away from bright eyeshadows.