is it worth it/will I get fired?

CantAffordMAC

thud.gif

Okay. Well, at my jobs I have a dress code (no jeans no sneakers/must wear smock at one job, and at the other job no jeans, no open toed shoes and must wear a smock) I would actually like to wear all black, it would be easier for me. I have some ugly beige pants I wear to my jobs, that I hate to wear. But jobs have a dress code, its not a fashion show.

I understand that this topic is basically over, but I sensed a bad attitude in this thread as well. Every post seemed to be an excuse as to why u dont want to work there, why this, why that, blah blah blah. You must have a shitload of bills if one crappy job doesnt give u enough to buy shampoo....and if thats the case, then if i was u, id be working multiple jobs just to get by. I actually only have about $250 worth of bills every month, I dont make more than $8.50 at either one of my jobs, and one of my jobs is extremely shitty. Way shittier than working at VS, but I can afford to buy MAC (hardly), shampoo, clothes, etc.

To answer the question, I go to Kohl's, Wet Seal, Easy Pickins, Forever 21, Old Navy, VS.........for my clothes. And if ur like my mom, you can go to Goodwill. There are endless options, and if u need a job like u say u do, you'd make it work, even with 1 pair of pants and 2 shirts (which could easily be found at any of the above stores, for under $50). Im actually surprised they didnt just tell u you werent needed....if I was an employer and someone who didnt even start work yet gave me excuses and hung up on me......
oh.gif

My boyfriend has been laid off for months and months, and he does whatever it takes when he has even the thought of an opportunity for a job---going to goodwill and spending his last 10 dollars on a pair of slacks for an interview.

Hikaru-chan

I'm late to this post but the bottom line is either put up with it and buy some cheap black clothing or tell your employer you no longer need the job.

Were I work were required to wear all black, yes it's a pain in the ass cause in my line of work it get dirty very fast but it's a condition of employment, if I didn't I'd get the sack.
Furthermore the company I work for is in the process of bringing out a branded uniform (which by the way they are making us pay for) and I don't like it in the slightest but guess what I'll have to wear it.

Stop acting like it's the worst thing ever, black isn't so bad and it suits everyone but to me it looks like it's any excuse to turn down the job.

Corvs Queen

Rules are rules and these are VS rules. You were made aware of the fact that their dress code is all black so suck it up and buy something black for work. Who cares if you like it. Work is work. Not a fashion show. I had to wear crap that I hated when I had an insurance job. I didn't like the suits and dresses. I wanted to wear jeans and band tees. But that's not work appropriate so I bit the bullet and took my butt to the nearest Target and bought anything businessy that was on sale. Sometimes, as adults, you have to do things you don't want to or things you don't like. Shit happens.