Jordana Cosmetics

drlake66

Hi all, I'm new here and really enjoying all the various threads. I was just curious if anyone else has ever tried this line. I often find it tucked away in a small display between the bigger lines at Duane Reade and I sometimes find the lipsticks at dollar stores.

I find their lipsticks to be pretty decent - the colors are somewhat limited (depending upon the store). But they seem to go on smoothly. They also have very inexpensive eye and lip liners. My favorite lip liner is Honey Dip which is a very neutral color and costs about $3.00 in a twist-up case. Yesterday I found eyeshadows at Duane Reade. They had some lovely shades - not too shiny (at least not in the display). And they came in singles or quads. The singles cost about $1.99. I picked up 3 but haven't tried them yet.

Any feedback from other bargain beauty babes?

komischkatze

Funny, I just picked up a few of their lip liners and glosses at Walgreens the other day. I'd never tried them before but I almost never bother with lip liner so I can't make myself buy anything pricey and theirs were 2 for $3 in some decent shades for what I wanted. I also picked up a nice strong red gloss that turned out to be exactly the right shade for me. I can never make myself buy pricey lip products (with the exception of occasionally treating myself to a M.A.C. lipglass) and these seem right up my alley. I was also pleased that they don't have a strong odor. The Rimmel lip stuff has great colors and feels nice but I can NOT stand their smell! I've never seen Jordana before until last week.

Devon

Has anyone tried Jordana' eye pencils?
smiles.gif

drlake66

I've been seeing Jordana for several years now. I really like their self-sharpening lipliner and their lipsticks. And you're right - no smell
cheerleader.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by komischkatze
Funny, I just picked up a few of their lip liners and glosses at Walgreens the other day. I'd never tried them before but I almost never bother with lip liner so I can't make myself buy anything pricey and theirs were 2 for $3 in some decent shades for what I wanted. I also picked up a nice strong red gloss that turned out to be exactly the right shade for me. I can never make myself buy pricey lip products (with the exception of occasionally treating myself to a M.A.C. lipglass) and these seem right up my alley. I was also pleased that they don't have a strong odor. The Rimmel lip stuff has great colors and feels nice but I can NOT stand their smell! I've never seen Jordana before until last week.

miszjenny

I just tried their eyeliners last new years eve and they are pretty good so i bought 4 at walgreens today! I got 4 for $6.00. I'm so excited to try them all!!!!!

Daphne69

The Jordana color extend liners are great, come in pencil form, but have been discontinued, so the best place to find them is at beauty supplies that keep stuff till they sell it. A color called Just Pearly is a perfect highlight color for the eyes or the bow of the lip. It is a pale peachy tinged cream color. Sometimes I line my eyes all the way around with it and then cover w/ a shimmery beige or gold shadow and it makes my eyes look so much bigger. Their Kohl liners are great too, pencil form, but hard to find. I don't like the plastic twist up liners, the texture is different, harder, and they don't last as long.

I've always heard that the "Wine" eyeshadow is the best and that their thick shadow sticks are comparable to Mac Shadesticks, haven't gotten around to trying those yet.

BRosa

The shine glosses are so great!

I just got Squeeze n Shine Super shiny tasty lip gloss in 06 Lollipop and I love it. It´s kinda iridescence pink,a really cool color. And they taste really good.

cupcake_x

Pretty good stuff for the low price.
I like the lipglosses, but not the eye pencils or mascara.

I actually used to swear by the 'Winter Snow' eyeshadow. I should go pick some up now
tong.gif

xoxprincessx0x

When it comes to the cheap brands like Jordana, Wet -n- Wild, Jane etc. i do love the lipglosses, eyeliners and especially Wet -n- Wilds liquid eyeliners in all the bright vibrant colors. The only complaint I have is the eyeshadows compare NOTHING to mac because they have barely any pigment. I find that when I use cheap brand eyeshadows they barely show up on my lid and an hour later it looks like i have no shadow on at all. I sware by MAC only when it comes to shadows. Anyone have the similar problem?

cupcake_x

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxprincessx0x
When it comes to the cheap brands like Jordana, Wet -n- Wild, Jane etc. i do love the lipglosses, eyeliners and especially Wet -n- Wilds liquid eyeliners in all the bright vibrant colors. The only complaint I have is the eyeshadows compare NOTHING to mac because they have barely any pigment. I find that when I use cheap brand eyeshadows they barely show up on my lid and an hour later it looks like i have no shadow on at all. I sware by MAC only when it comes to shadows. Anyone have the similar problem?

Yes. Occasionally I'll find a good cheap product (Milani, Winter snow by Jordana, etc) but usually eyeshadows and colored eyeliner doesn't show up on me.

LaItaliana

Jordanas natural lipliner is the perfect color that matches my light/medium pink lips. i was looking forever for a match and i picked that up on a whim for like 79 cents and its great and blends easy

ttplusd

i use jordana on an everyday basis. i have shadows as well as their "shade sticks" and they're great for the price. they're all like a dollar and if you use a really good base, you'll get a really good color payoff. for my fav shadows: charcoal, wine, moss and beige. btw beige is equivalent to mac shroom. i also have two "shade sticks", opal obsession which i love and then theres a champagne one. and i have about 6 eyeshadow pencils which i love and use as bases. so basically jordana is highly recommended

venusapollo

I live in the South Bay Area in CA. I have looked everywhere for Jordana. I love their lip gloss pots and have been itching to try the flavored lipshine glaze that a bunch of youtubers recommend. They used to carry it at Longs and a local dollar store that closed up.
I have tried Longs, Walgreens, Target, Rite Aid etc without luck... Does anyone else know where to get Jordana? In general or in my area?
I found it on bestbeautyonline.com with milani but it is $7 for shipping
ssad.gif
so I'd rather find it in the bay area.

Obreathemykiss

I use the black kohl kajal eyeliner...it is so damn awesome. It is smooth and lasts for a long time on my waterline.

venusapollo vbmenu_register("postmenu_1104352", true); I would be happy to go pick some stuff up from you from walgreen's. They have Jordana here in Albuquerque. Tell me what you want, I'll scan the receipt and ship it to you.

marreyes38

this is a desent brand i've bought a couple things from them and i find that their eye shadows are pretty good for the price. they're definitely great for practice.

wifey806

I always find it in random places, like those little no-name Forever21s. So strange...
th_dunno.gif
But anywho, I think this is a good enough dupe for me not to buy MAC Burgundy anymore $$$$$
greengrin.gif

burgundy.jpg

red

I absolutely love Jordana, yesterday stocked up on eyeshadows
greengrin.gif

got the lipliner in mauve silk, really nice, goes on smooth and got plenty of pigment, resembles my beloved Urban Decay Fur for a fraction of the price.

M.A.C. head.

I've been using Jordana stuff since I was in like...7th grade, and THAT was a loooooooong time ago. I love the products! The eye products especially. Make up has been a passion of mine since forever and when I was younger I would always spend my allowance on Jordana stuff LOLOL Memories.

I still use the eye liners and shadows. They're very pigmented! There is a turquoise liner that just knocks my socks off.

jennifer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusapollo
I live in the South Bay Area in CA. I have looked everywhere for Jordana. I love their lip gloss pots and have been itching to try the flavored lipshine glaze that a bunch of youtubers recommend. They used to carry it at Longs and a local dollar store that closed up.
I have tried Longs, Walgreens, Target, Rite Aid etc without luck... Does anyone else know where to get Jordana? In general or in my area?
I found it on bestbeautyonline.com with milani but it is $7 for shipping
ssad.gif
so I'd rather find it in the bay area.

sorry to bring up this old thread but just in case you check again, i live in the south bay too and they have a lot of their collection at food maxx grocery store, believe it or not! it's mostly a dollar if i'm not mistaken.