Knightsbridge Collection

shontay07108

Yeah, I am waiting for Temptalia's reviews on everything b/c I'm curious. I don't mind not having Belgravia, though. I have similar shades. :D

Bonitinha

Hope you love everything Shontay! I did get Belgravia and love it. I bet the lippies you ordered will be gorgeous on you.

I was hooked as soon as I saw the Knightsbridge swatches of Cafe Makeup. Although, Liz is so young and gorgeous -- everything looks fab on her! I'm surprised Makeupandbeautyblog hasn't reviewed anything from this collection. I've already bought the products, but I still love seeing the swatches and reading reviews. Is that weird?? lol

shontay07108

Got my order today and I love it ALL! Hyde Park is what I wanted it to be and more. It's more on the pinky coral side than the orange coral side, but it doesn't lean too pink. It's definitely coral, if that makes sense. I love having a coral w/o shimmer and it glides on so smoothly. It's so rich. This is like a cousin of Coquette and Mac's Viva Glam Cyndi. The darkness of my lips tones it down a bit, but not too much. The coverage is full. Kensington is right on the money. It's that bright pop of pink that I wanted. It's easy to wear b/c it's buildable. Of course, I choose to turn the volume all the way up. :haha: I'm going to wear this baby now, but it'll really shine in the Summer. June nail polish isn't a part of this collection, but I did receive it with my order. I'm going to paint my nails with it later and see what it's about. I hope it won't take too many coats. Pictures anyone? Hyde Park (I tried to get a close up to show what the color is like, but yikes! I don't enjoy seeing any part of me magnified to this level. :shocked:) Kensington Product photos Kensington, Hyde Park Isn't it all beautiful? :love:

QueenOfSnark

Thanks Shontay, you're the best!
thmbup.gif
Hyde Park and Kensington look AWESOME on you! I think I'm going to pass on Kensington after all, it has a purple hue to it that I think will look scary on me, LOL.

Bonitinha

Everything looks beautiful on you, Shontay! You pull off the bright colors fabulously -- lucky girl!!

QueenOfSnark

Karen from MBB has swatches of the lippies (minus Belgravia) and the Brompton blush up. Though she has HP and Kensington flip-flopped on her pics I'm surprised at how flattering Kensington looks on her. I might just pick it up, since the only fuschia lippy I have is Gulabi and my MAC lippies seem to be going very bad very fast. I'm also surprised she gave the glossimer an A with all the hatorade heaped onto it.

Brompton looks much too chalky on her hand and nonexistent on her face for my liking. If it's like that on her, it'll be like that on me.

LMD84

I just put a post on my blog (link below) about this and the Spring collection. I saw the Chelsea swatched and that is sadly came out fairly colourless, but I got the spring one. Here is a photo of my haul and my lipstick/gloss swatches are on it from both collections if anyone is interested. Gorgeous colours!

debi i will be getting that blush from the spring collection! it looks so beautiful!

Knope2012

I bought Kensington and Belgravia, and they should be coming in the mail in the next few days, but I'm undecided about Hyde Park. I have a few coral lipsticks like MAC's Toxic Tale and Made of Love, and they tend to look orange on my NW15 skin. Could anyone who has Hyde Park let me know if it is more of a pink coral or a straight up coral on them? I haven't been able to tell from the swatches. Thanks in advance! :)

QueenOfSnark

Could anyone who has Hyde Park let me know if it is more of a pink coral or a straight up coral on them? I haven't been able to tell from the swatches. Thanks in advance! :)
Definitely pink-coral, leaning more on the pink than the coral. Toxic Tale was a hideous mess on me though, so YMMV.

Knope2012

Definitely pink-coral, leaning more on the pink than the coral. Toxic Tale was a hideous mess on me though, so YMMV.

Thank you! Yes, Toxic Tale is awful on me too. I can't even tweak it to make it look good. I so wish I could try Hyde Park in person, but at least Chanel has returns! I think I may pick up Hyde Park when I get paid next and then swap/return if it doesn't work for me.

Urmi

HI there,

I just received HP and it looks ghastly on me. I'm C4 but I didn't expect it to look soooo bad. Now I'm debating between kensington and belgravia !

Thank you! Yes, Toxic Tale is awful on me too. I can't even tweak it to make it look good. I so wish I could try Hyde Park in person, but at least Chanel has returns! I think I may pick up Hyde Park when I get paid next and then swap/return if it doesn't work for me.

QueenOfSnark

The best way I've found to make Hyde Park "work" is to not swipe it on like your typical lippy, but dab a bit on and smoosh your lips together. Or you can lightly apply with a lip brush. I was on the fence about it for a while when I first got it, but it's grown into my fave pink lippy (and I'm not a pink gal). I may get a backup of it and Belgravia while the free shipping's available.

Knope2012

I am still debating on Hyde Park or getting a Belgravia backup. I got Belgravia in the mail Monday and Kensington today, and they are both beautiful! Belgravia is a nice every day color that has some beautiful shimmer, and Kensington is bright but very wearable on my NW15 skin. A lot of things show up as being almost too bright for my skin, but Kensington is very pink while still giving my face a nice balance with a little bit of eye makeup. Now to decide on HP...

Knope2012

I have all three of the lipsticks now, and I will try to do lip swatches later, though I don't have a good camera. I love all three, and I'm glad that I ended up getting Hyde Park. I was worried that it would pull orange on me, but it seems to be the right shade of coral for my NW15 skin. It has enough pink to keep the coral balanced, and I do really love it as long as I keep the eye makeup light. I still think my favorite is Belgravia, though. It's the most versatile for me, and I didn't have another shade like it.

purplerinne

Chanel needs to make Belgravia perm!!!!! and I'm surprised i dont have anything like it in my stash. Next I will be getting Kensington before the free shipping ends

elegant-one

Chanel needs to make Belgravia perm!!!!! and I'm surprised i dont have anything like it in my stash. Next I will be getting Kensington before the free shipping ends

I agree! I LOVE it on. I did by a BU but I wear it a lot. I also really really like Kensington too. Probably one of my favorite Chanel collections.