Las Vegas de Chanel Collection

jRoxy13

Thanks ladies! And by the way, it is basically impossible to take face photos and look normal - I don't know how beauty bloggers do it.

I really like Golden Sand too. I regret giving it away. I do remember seeing Noir Ceramic as "temporarily sold out" on Izzy's and it came back. On the other hand, I wavered on the Topkapi quad when it showed up there and was waiting patiently for them to restock only to be heartbroken when it got removed. So, I think it depends.

And elegant-one, Gold Lamé is pretty, but if it makes you feel any better, it has a brushstroke-y finish.

I think I've decided not to get the palette (phew!). I hope this isn't a permanent shift to $98 for limited-edition multi-tasking palettes. That might become a bridge too far for me, unfortunately!

mac_aiken

Saw this IRL @ the Chanel cosmetics counter in the downtown Seattle Nordstroms (it is considered a boutique). So glad I did not get the powder. As someone mentioned it is very pretty to look at but when swatched it is way too brown for my taste and complexion (I am NW15 and barely that). It made my face look dirty. And at $90+ I just couldn't see getting it. So I passed and bought the Guerlain Sun in the City Golden Glimmer powder (which is HUGE and cheaper) and Sunny Pink blush.

meleftie

Saw this IRL @ the Chanel cosmetics counter in the downtown Seattle Nordstroms (it is considered a boutique). So glad I did not get the powder. As someone mentioned it is very pretty to look at but when swatched it is way too brown for my taste and complexion (I am NW15 and barely that). It made my face look dirty. And at $90+ I just couldn't see getting it. So I passed and bought the Guerlain Sun in the City Golden Glimmer powder (which is HUGE and cheaper) and Sunny Pink blush.

I'm so glad to read this, I was trying very hard to resist purchasing and now I think I'll be able.

Miss QQ

Saw the collection in real. I like the powder, it is a light bronzy gold on my hand, and of course the powder looks gorgeous in the pan. I'm thinking if I should go back for it. Everything else is pretty too but I can pass.

mac_aiken

Forgot to mention that it seems that the Vegas embossing on the powder (the stars) doesn't last long. The tester I saw had none of it left just the stripes.

Miss QQ

^^ So was the tester I saw! It was weird, I thought the SAs scrapped off the stars to make swatching easier. The powder felt buttery smooth to me.

Anitacska

^ It's not at all suprising, the stars are just a bit raised. Once you have 20 people swatching it, of course they're flattened.