Laura Geller baked brightness msf-a-likes?

DaizyDeath

i got one of those a while ago when they first came out
they were preety average
not very shimmery like the msf's more matte then anything
i never really used it so it went in the trash
ssad.gif

ebonyannette

Gasp!! in the trash! Dont tell me they suck now! ha ha oh well. I guess I'll see for myself. I tried shooting star and it looked like my skin was outlined in glitter! ha ha. I called in to the customer service for discontinued products looking for Metal Rock I pray that they find it I think it will suit me better than Shooting Star
smiles.gif
If the LG sux I can swap it or send it back
smiles.gif

dreamqueen

Yesterday I received the blush and brighten in berry and golden apricot and I love them!

I put berry alongside of petticoat and they look almost identical.

I love them so much that I placed an order now for pink grapefruit!

Oh, they come in a pretty case as well.

thmbup.gif

DaizyDeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonyannette
Gasp!! in the trash! Dont tell me they suck now! ha ha oh well. I guess I'll see for myself. I tried shooting star and it looked like my skin was outlined in glitter! ha ha. I called in to the customer service for discontinued products looking for Metal Rock I pray that they find it I think it will suit me better than Shooting Star
smiles.gif
If the LG sux I can swap it or send it back
smiles.gif

but like i said that was the older version of the Laura Gellar bake and brighten it was even in a different style case so for all i know now it could be a completely different product.

But thats just what happened with the old one i had.

poddygirl

I have an older LG Bronze and Brighten and find the new forumlations to be quite different - softer (if that makes sense) and much more MSF-like. The older versions came in a flip top compact and the newer ones have a screw-off top which has a small mirror on the inside. I use the Balance and Brighten *all* the time!
clap.gif

dreamqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
Yes, I have the first three, and am considering buying Roseberry too. They are more blush-like than msfs. More pigmented and less shimmery. I highly recommend these, they are fab.

Roseberry is just gorgeous and has tons of color payoff. It is my fav. out of all of them!

Eemaan

thats great, thank you. anyone tried the golden apricot?
drools.gif

which MSF sare like which laura gellers blush n brightens?

Xqueeze_me

Love 'em Love 'em Love 'em!! They're AWESOME! Colour pay-off is extremely excellent!!

I've recently added Golden Apricot, Pink Grapefruit and Berry to my MAC MSF collection [Thanks to Love Always Ivy for the LG CP!!]. Oh mama! I'm still waiting for my Roseberry to arrive... and a few days ago, Love Always Ivy told me there's a new shade that came out with Roseberry, which is called Sunswept. MAJOR
drools.gif
!!

BACK-UP MANIA, baby!! hahaha Once again, LOVE 'EM!

Here are the swatches on arm. Hope they'll help!!
yes.gif

LGswatchesdarkennamed.jpg
LGandMSFswatchesSpecktra.jpg

Love Always Ivy

yay! im glad you love them! i cant wait to pick up sunswept and rose berry for myself. my stupid sephora still doesnt have them im so upset.

mariecinder

These are in my basket for my next Sephora order!

So to the ladies that have them, what type of brush do you use to apply them?

Xqueeze_me

I use The Body Shop's Face/Body brush to apply my precioussssss LG baked Blush goodies! The Body Shop's Blush brush is quite small so it 'streaks' a thick line on my face instead of the 'natural' blush look I'm after.

They are OH-SO-SOFT brushes!! The face brushes, that is...

Xqueeze_me

So I received my Roseberry yesterday. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!

You have to see it in person to see how GORGEOUS the Roseberry blush shade is!! (That may be the reason why its sold out....?)

LGswatches4.jpg
LGRoseberry.jpg

(There's no gold veining in it. The "dark" arc/moon on top of the blush is just the shadow of the flip-top cover)

Toya

I am a huge fan of Laura Geller's Blush n' Brighten ... I'm actually a fan of all the 'n Brighten products. I have them all, I think - Balance 'n Brighten, Bronze 'n Brighten, and the Blush 'n Brighten in Roseberry, Pink Grapefruit, Golden Apricot and Berry. For me, they're much better to use as blushes than MSFs - I've found that the majority of the MSFs only give me a glow, rather than true color (with the exception of Light Flush).