Le Metier de Beaute

MzzRach

I have not yet seen a thread on this brand, although I have seen a bit of chatter about this line in other threads.

I just splashed out and picked up a few items from this brand. Wow, just wow. The pigmentation of the face and eye powder products is astounding. I have a face kaleidoscope in Flawless and the Neiman's exclusive eye kaleidoscope in Croquet/Tunisian (website says Croquet, the actual product says Tunisian). They are stunning.

Who else is digging this line? Discuss!

Ingenue

I confess to sheer and utter laziness regarding this brand. I got an invitation to get the products more than a year ago, and I have yet to cash in on that offer. Just shameful. I've heard FANTASTIC things about it, but everytime I think that I need to traipse out to the coast and give them a look-see... something else gets in the way.

I'm so happy that you love the products! Maybe I'll go play with them this weekend...

User38

I think the chatter was on the cream blushes -- which are fabulous and which I bought two of last Sunday.. the light pink and also peony.. they are really lovely.

I don't work much with them because the company has not inspired any personal feelings for me and professionally, I don't have any dealings with them either. I don't think I am missing all that much when I do counter checks.. but maybe someone here will change my mind.. lol

katred

Specktra Bestie
Unfortunately, getting them up here means ordering them through Neiman Marcus. I'm tempted to try them, particularly the eye shadows. I saw Karla Sugar's swatches of all of them and there are a number of colours I'd like to get my hands on.

MzzRach

I'll swatch the products I have as soon as I can - so far, I am very impressed. The textures are sublime.

User38

ty mzz rach.. I do agree on the textures... one of the only lines I didn't gripe about the texture but a bit iffy on the pigmentation imo.. (not the cream blushes).

Honey&LemonGirl

I really wanted Le Cirque, but it seems like everyone has stopped stocking it. :( I'm sure another gorgeous kaleidoscope will catch my fancy soon enough.

elegant-one

The LMdB manager for Nordies sent me samples of what I thought was the $125 foundation - tinted moisturizer, but they made a mistake & sent me the Classic Flawless foundation instead. What a blessing in disguise - it is an AMAZING flawless & and absolutely beautiful foundation on! It lives up to the name flawless. Its light-weight - you cannot even feel it on. The coverage is unbelievable! I kept looking at my face/skin & I couldn't believe how flawless it looked. It even covered this one small pigmentation spot that I have. I did see where it gets great reviews. She is sending me a lot of other LMdB products to try.

They resent samples of the tinted foundation, but I am not sure it can top this. The LMdB lady that helped me was so incredibly knowledgeable & kind that I was pretty impressed by her. Its different than the new Chanel VA in that there is more coverage, more matte but beautifully matte, doesn't really have that Chanel dewy luminosity, but it just looks like flawless skin. They are both very light-weight & feel like nothing on. I am truly amazed by it. It is $68

So I am going to get Classic Flawless foundation, mystique (last one) & poppy blushes (NM was backordered again) & the $55 concealer. I told her that I already have the $95 concealer & that I do like it but it kind of fades after awhile - she said that is because its more of a "treatment" than concealer. She also told me that the well know makeup artist (?) uses the $55 concealer on everyone - even blends it out onto the skin to give real flawless look.

I am also considering the NM Crochet es set now.

Winthrop44

Sounds wonderful! Any idea of the ingredients in the foundation? What shade are you? I wonder if she might have been talking about Dustin at BG when she mentioned the well known MA?

Glad to see you here - we were getting a little worried about you in the Chanel forum.

elegant-one

Sounds wonderful! Any idea of the ingredients in the foundation? What shade are you? I wonder if she might have been talking about Dustin at BG when she mentioned the well known MA?

Glad to see you here - we were getting a little worried about you in the Chanel forum.
Oh my, your picture! You are so beautiful! Thanks for sharing it.

I can't remember the name of the mua - she gave me so much information I felt overloaded :) No, no ingredients list yet because I just have the sample pots but I would be more than happy to give it to you when I get the full size! Also, my skin seems to really love this line - I guess that is both good & bad ;)

I got shade #1 in the Classic Flawless foundation & the concealer.

Thanks dear
heart.gif

Shypo

Big ol' fan here!!! I have many of their shadows, including 2 Kaleidoscopes.....and just love them. Mrslid will make her way over here too, I'm sure, and she is also a fan. Like HG, I got 2 of the creme fresh tints - in Poppy and Mystique. I'm not usually a cream blush gal, but once in awhile I find one or 3 that I like
girlhaha.gif
. These are excellent on the cheeks, but I'm not too crazy about them on my lips as they are somewhat drying.

And I agree with Elegant on the concealer - it didn't wow me.....and I am looking forward to trying the foundation, but the last place I went (NM in Vegas) was out of my shade in the tester (and had no one to help) so I missed out. None of the counters in New England carries the line yet (I don't think - unless one of the Nordies counters in Massachusetts has it now) so I don't get to see them in person too often. When I go to CA I usually go a bit crazy picking up shadows.

Fire Lily and Water Sapphire are two of my faves, but that's because they're very unique. I love all of the ones I have........
2cents.gif

Thanks for starting this thread Rachel!!
thmbup.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm thinking of doing an order from NM so that I can try out a couple of "boutique" brands that we can't get up here any other way (LMdB, La Prairie, maybe another). From Le Metier, I'm thinking of trying a couple of the shadows- probably Corinthian and Fire Lily, since they look like nothing I have in my collection. Every time I come back to this thread, I'm wanting more...

Shypo

Oh, Corinthian is another stunner - it's so dimensional. These shadows are designed to be layered without ending up with a muddy mess - and they do so beautifully! Kate, I think you would LOVE both of them.......

The other nice thing about them is that they pop out of their containers very easily by using a pin through the hole on the back - and they fit perfectly in the Graftobian palettes (thanks Winthrop!).....

elegant-one

I got the Poppy creme blush yesterday & MrsLid is right to swoon over it - its so Gorgeous on. The texture feel & wear are terrific.

Winthrop - I called & asked her - the Classic foundation does have alcohol in it :( She said its used as a stabilizer.

hmmm, I use alcohol as a de-stabilizer
girlhaha.gif
jk! kinda
greengrin.gif
ok, just a relaxer

devoted2makeup

I am a huge fan of this product line. I own quite a bit of their products from the Peau Vierge, to their loose powder, to their Romeo & Juliet bronzer duo, and an array of eye shadows. I don't think I have been let down by one of their products yet. Their kaleidoscopes are hand-down my favorite of all their products, I can't seem to get enough of them!

devoted2makeup

I'm thinking of doing an order from NM so that I can try out a couple of "boutique" brands that we can't get up here any other way (LMdB, La Prairie, maybe another). From Le Metier, I'm thinking of trying a couple of the shadows- probably Corinthian and Fire Lily, since they look like nothing I have in my collection. Every time I come back to this thread, I'm wanting more...

Corinithian is plain awesome! I love it!

elegant-one

I am a huge fan of this product line. I own quite a bit of their products from the Peau Vierge, to their loose powder, to their Romeo & Juliet bronzer duo, and an array of eye shadows. I don't think I have been let down by one of their products yet. Their kaleidoscopes are hand-down my favorite of all their products, I can't seem to get enough of them!
Great! I am really interest in the R&J duo - can you describe the color to me?

Do you own the NM Crochet set?

Welcome!!! And please share your knowledge/info with us.