Le Metier de Beaute

Winthrop44

I got the Poppy creme blush yesterday & MrsLid is right to swoon over it - its so Gorgeous on. The texture feel & wear are terrific.

Winthrop - I called & asked her - the Classic foundation does have alcohol in it :( She said its used as a stabilizer.

hmmm, I use alcohol as a de-stabilizer
girlhaha.gif
jk! kinda
greengrin.gif
ok, just a relaxer

Oh nooooo...I am peeved now. I talked to a woman at the LMdB counter at BG a couple days ago who said it didn't contain alcohol...well just cetyl or cetearyl, but no plain old SD alcohol which is my problem...so I ordered it from Nordies. It's supposed to get here Friday. Bummer. Well thanks for asking anyway, I guess I will curb my enthusiasm for the UPS man.

elegant-one

Oh nooooo...I am peeved now. I talked to a woman at the LMdB counter at BG a couple days ago who said it didn't contain alcohol...well just cetyl or cetearyl, but no plain old SD alcohol which is my problem...so I ordered it from Nordies. It's supposed to get here Friday. Bummer. Well thanks for asking anyway, I guess I will curb my enthusiasm for the UPS man.
Well let's hope my gal looked at the wrong box! The gal I talked to is probably mistaken - let's hope. Which shade did you get?

I don't know if this helps at all, but my skin is fairly sensitive, & it really loves this foundation. I usually know the next day after trying something new.
heart.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Oh, Corinthian is another stunner - it's so dimensional. These shadows are designed to be layered without ending up with a muddy mess - and they do so beautifully! Kate, I think you would LOVE both of them.......

The other nice thing about them is that they pop out of their containers very easily by using a pin through the hole on the back - and they fit perfectly in the Graftobian palettes (thanks Winthrop!).....
MAUGH. I tried to go ahead and Corinthian is on back order. Now I'm not sure what to do. Fire Lily is gorgeous, but I really wanted to get Corinthian...

katred

Specktra Bestie
Hm. OK, I just tried to place an order with NM and, after seriously 35 minutes of trying to figure out exactly how to enter my address so that their system would accept it, I got a message saying there were issues processing my order. I contacted their on line support, they said there was still an address issue, which they corrected, but then they wanted me to call a separate number because they couldn't process my credit card.
huh2.gif

I'll just have to live vicariously through ladies here. There is no way I am going through this BS to order makeup.

cutemiauw

I wonder if this brand exists here in Germany... the website only said France for Europe but I might see it in Lafayette, although I could mistook it with some other French name brand
hmm.gif

Winthrop44

Well let's hope my gal looked at the wrong box! The gal I talked to is probably mistaken - let's hope. Which shade did you get?
I don't know if this helps at all, but my skin is fairly sensitive, & it really loves this foundation. I usually know the next day after trying something new.
heart.gif

I got #1 which she said would be light enough, and the concealer in the same shade...we'll see.

MzzRach

Kate, that is awful and utterly ridiculous. If you need a CP for anything, I would be happy to help, just let me know. *hugs*

Hm. OK, I just tried to place an order with NM and, after seriously 35 minutes of trying to figure out exactly how to enter my address so that their system would accept it, I got a message saying there were issues processing my order. I contacted their on line support, they said there was still an address issue, which they corrected, but then they wanted me to call a separate number because they couldn't process my credit card.
huh2.gif

I'll just have to live vicariously through ladies here. There is no way I am going through this BS to order makeup.

elegant-one

I got #1 which she said would be light enough, and the concealer in the same shade...we'll see.
I tried the #2 shade sample yesterday & while it was still nice, it was a bit darker & more pink/beige. The #1 shade is more yellow based & I think that helps in correcting any pink/red tones in the skin. I have my fingers crossed for you
sigh.gif

User38

katred that's exactly why I don't buy directly from Chanel.com -- it gives me high blood pressure to go thru it so I just go to the major dept stores and get what I want if not, hey, I can live without it. Not the best advice but my own experience. I would be happy to CP for you also but my time constraints are a pain in the arse.

Winthrop44

I tried the #2 shade sample yesterday & while it was still nice, it was a bit darker & more pink/beige. The #1 shade is more yellow based & I think that helps in correcting any pink/red tones in the skin. I have my fingers crossed for you
sigh.gif

Wellllllll...in all my questioning I forgot to ask about chemical sunscreens like a dummy and yep, they are in both so they are out for me. Gotta return without even opening them.

elegant-one

Wellllllll...in all my questioning I forgot to ask about chemical sunscreens like a dummy and yep, they are in both so they are out for me. Gotta return without even opening them.

Oh noooooo! Well, I wouldn't have thought of that :( That's sad.

I got my other stuff today. The Mystique blush is GORGEOUS! I like the $55 concealer a lot! The color is great & natural. They also sent Classic translucent powder, Coral Nymph creme blush (looks beautiful) which I haven't tried yet.

MzzRach

I LOVE the translucent powder (I have shade #1) - ultra fine texture and just provides a hint of colour. Gorgeous.

Shypo

I think we have a Mystique and Poppy Fan Club emerging!!
cheerleader.gif

Elegant, glad you like the concealer - I have it on my list for the next time I travel out west.

Kate, some of these HE sites are so stupid - I'm sorry you're having problems........I wish I had a counter near me where I could CP something for you - hang in there for Corinthian though -

Elegant, R&J is a pretty clear mid-tone pink with just the tiniest hint of sparkle, and the bronzer is a neutral-toned 'tan', again with a subtle sparkle, but not disco sparkle. It's not shimmery exactly......but they're both very sheer - barely there color. I keep it in my bag for touchups. I usually use the bronzer as a contour, and the pink as an apple-of-the-cheeks boost - but neither has huge pigment payoff for me. Then again, I could be using the wrong brush. But I like the effect I get, so it's a handbag go-to for me. Sorry to ramble and not really add any value.
girlhaha.gif

Hope everyone is having a splendid Saturday!!

Shypo

I just ordered the eyelash curler, which is apparently something frequently 'given away' at places like BG - but I never seem to have the right timing. So I paid the $18 at Nordies. I'm still waiting for them to get the brushes in - I'm very interested in the crease brush.

This is really a line that doesn't disappoint.....now I have to check out the pressed powder too......
girlhaha.gif

Winthrop44

I'm really interested to hear what Elegant thinks of Coral Nymph. I wonder how different it is from Poppy? Trying to decide between Coral Nymph and Ginger Lily...

elegant-one

Ok, I think I'll pass on R&J. Coral Nymph is a very soft peach. Its pretty, but I think I love Poppy the most!

I have worn the Classic Flawless for a week now & I am in LOVE!!! Seriously I LOVE this foundation! I tried just a bit of the $125 foundation which is basically like a tinted moisturizer. Its nice & I will try it further for its "treatment" value like the concealer, but I don't think anything for me personally can now beat the Classic Flawless foundation.

I do want to say however, that as far as concealers, I have been using & totally loving the Chanel concealer!!!! It looks so fabulously natural & wears really really well for me & looks great with the Classic Flawless foundation.

And, my skin LOVES LMdB line! No matter what I use from this line, it doesn't irritate break out or cause any adverse reaction to my skin - nuff said :)

elegant-one

I'm really interested to hear what Elegant thinks of Coral Nymph. I wonder how different it is from Poppy? Trying to decide between Coral Nymph and Ginger Lily...

SOOOOOoo funny, I just posted your answer at the same time
girlhaha.gif
So, I guess I will need to see what Ginger Lily is like :)

Winthrop44

Is anyone else having to refresh the page to reply on here lately? I've been having problems the past few days. Anyway...I too love the Chanel concealer more & more over time. Sometimes I find myself using new things for a few days and then forgetting about them but the Chanel concealer has become a go-to item for me. I don't wear concealer every day but when I do that's the one. It looks great with my Future Skin too. Maybe I'll exchange my LMdB foundation for Ginger Lily...or the powder. We'll see.

I just ordered the eyelash curler, which is apparently something frequently 'given away' at places like BG - but I never seem to have the right timing. So I paid the $18 at Nordies. I'm still waiting for them to get the brushes in - I'm very interested in the crease brush.

This is really a line that doesn't disappoint.....now I have to check out the pressed powder too......
girlhaha.gif

You know Nordies has them online now including the crease brush, right?