Les Essentiels de Chanel - Fall 2012

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Looks like some really beautiful things, including some interesting nail polishes!

http://www.beautycrazed.ca/2012/05/les-essentiels-de-chanel-fall-makeup.html
Ooh, thank you so much for sharing this! I have been dying to see the fall promo pics. The fall collections are always my favorite. I like what I see there, but it also looks like it will be a cheap haul for me. I know I want Frenzy n/p and probably Vertigo, and maybe a lip product, a RCS or the RA Extrait de Gloss in Caprice. The silver Stylo Yeux sounds nice too.
The promo pic looks very 90's to me. I love the model's hair color.
The only I don't like much is the stripe-y design of the e/s / powder, I wish they would've come up with something different after having so many striped products already.

Miss QQ

Gorgeous! I always fall hard for Chanel fall collection. Love the promo pic, it is so beautiful! Love the Lumière d’Artifices Beiges, Chanel has done an LE eyeshadow with sequins imprints before but I passed. I want the JC and quad too. Frenzy and Vertigo np look promising. I'm not feeling the lippies but they look like they go very well with the collection. I haven't bought any of the summer collection and I'm glad, I just want the summer duo and shall wait for this collection!

QueenOfSnark

Looking at these shades I can tell they're definitely for cooler tones--I think they'll wash me out. Money saved!

bis

Uh, thanks for posting this, love it. Seems brown lips are back. The grayish extrait de gloss looks very interesting, so does the blush.

Winthrop44

Ooh, thank you so much for sharing this! I have been dying to see the fall promo pics. The fall collections are always my favorite. I like what I see there, but it also looks like it will be a cheap haul for me. I know I want Frenzy n/p and probably Vertigo, and maybe a lip product, a RCS or the RA Extrait de Gloss in Caprice. The silver Stylo Yeux sounds nice too.
The promo pic looks very 90's to me. I love the model's hair color.
The only I don't like much is the stripe-y design of the e/s / powder, I wish they would've come up with something different after having so many striped products already.
It looks 90s or somehow retro to me too, both the lips and the eyes, although I'm not sure why on the eyes. Maybe just because it's strong eyes with strong lips? I'm interested in the blush, the quad and the 2 non-pink polishes.

Rinstar

Nail polishes look great, I'll def get the "almost black with red pearl" sounds fun. I'm a maybe on the quad, and maybe on the gloss.

Miss QQ

It looks 90s or somehow retro to me too, both the lips and the eyes, although I'm not sure why on the eyes. Maybe just because it's strong eyes with strong lips?  I'm interested in the blush, the quad and the 2 non-pink polishes.
The hair feels a bit retro to me too, but I like it.

Bonitinha

Gail, thanks for posting! I am dying to see swatches of the new JC and the Caprice RAEdeGloss. Quad looks pretty, too
heart.gif

Chikky

It looks 90s or somehow retro to me too, both the lips and the eyes, although I'm not sure why on the eyes. Maybe just because it's strong eyes with strong lips? I'm interested in the blush, the quad and the 2 non-pink polishes.
I completely agree. I looked at that ( the lips especially) and felt like I was back in high school and should be wearing some flannel, hehe.

Of course, that doesn't mean that I won't buy a whole bunch of Chanel when it comes out. Waiting to see the swatches!!

Karen_B

It looks very 90's indeed! Reminds me of Marcia Cross when she was in Melrose Place, he he.

http://www.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/marcia-cross-melrose-place-1-500x382.jpg

But anyway. I love the look of the quad and the blush, and that peachy eyeshadow single!

bis

Interesting that you were all reminded of th 90s, to me she looks like a brunette Bardot with dark lipstick. They eyes are very sixties to me.

Dominique33

She reminds me of Vanessa Paradis in a way, well what a gorgeous fall collection, really beautiful ! The quad, blush, powders, nail polishes everything sounds great !
Thanks for posting

jmarie

Ok, there are quite a few things from this collection that peak my interest. The polishes, the quads and the glosses.

JulieDiva

oh thanks for posting, I was just thinking of making a post about this!!!!

I am in love with this collection so far.....it intrigues me.

The promo pic is beyond gorgeous....
Now I wonder when the line will hit stores? In the USA?