Lime Crime Lipstick

Yazmin

Does anyone have any dupes for Salem? I tried it back on last night since the first time I bought it
LA Splash Smitten Lip Tint in Spellbound: http://shop-lasplashcosmetics.com/makeup/lips/lipstick/smitten-liptint.html It's slightly darker, but it works. Also half the price of LC. La Splash Lip Couture in Untamed (currently Sold out atm but swatches are on google)  (photo credit[COLOR=444444] @_claudiayvette instagram)[/COLOR]
I was going to post the same. When I swatched Spellbound the other day, my first thought was that it was close to Salem.

cocotears

If you've ever used a liner to completely fill in your lips, Jordana's Coco Loco is a dupe. Looks just like a matte lipstick but not long lasting like the velvetines of course.
I heard Anastasias liquid lipstick in Vamp is similar to Salem.. not a dupe.. but close. Not sisters - maybe just cousins.. lol. I think Salem is more brown while Amp is more reddish/rosey. I  got my LASplash order in. and I will swatch and take a picture of  ghoulish and cashmere--this afternoon/evening..
Pitch from Colourpop is just a tad darker and not as dry as Salem, IMO.
c083fa5c_image.jpeg
L-R: Jordana's Coco Loco LL, LC Salem, Mac Film Noir. I'm sure there's got to be some dead on dupes out there as these colors are becoming increasingly popular. Hope you find your Salem dupe soon!
LA Splash Smitten Lip Tint in Spellbound: http://shop-lasplashcosmetics.com/makeup/lips/lipstick/smitten-liptint.html It's slightly darker, but it works. Also half the price of LC. La Splash Lip Couture in Untamed (currently Sold out atm but swatches are on google)  (photo credit[COLOR=444444] @_claudiayvette instagram)[/COLOR]
I was going to post the same. When I swatched Spellbound the other day, my first thought was that it was close to Salem.
Thank you for all your help ladies!! :heart: I think I'm gonna try & get my hands on Spellbound!

Subparbrina

I'm just so glad the more ENLIGHTENED instagram boycotters exist to harass teenage girls who are excited about their Lime Crime purchases. Savin' the world one "OMG YOU'RE SO STUPID!!" at a time, really.

Ana A

To each their own, if you want to support this business go ahead as long as you don't insult those voicing their complaints and vice versa. My problems with limecrime date long before the credit card incident. From cancelled orders, confusing launch dates, poor communication, crappy customer service to the fact that it would take a week and a half to get my products when I live less than an hour away from their shipment facility. It bothers me that it took this long for people to jump in the bandwagon but then again to each their own.

jenise

I really hate that this happened because personally, the Velvetine formula was my absolute favorite. The texture just performed really well on my lips. I'd love to swoop in and grab Riot and Cashmere but it's not worth the risk. Are the LA Splash liquid lipsticks at all comparable formula wise?
The velevetine formula is my favorite too. Nothing really has come close yet IMO. I do love the la splash ones but they are a little thicker tho! Amazing colors too.

LiliV

The velevetine formula is my favorite too. Nothing really has come close yet IMO. I do love the la splash ones but they are a little thicker tho! Amazing colors too.
I really like all my products from LC, I LOVE my Venus palette which is what sucks about this whole thing. Although I'm not buying more as of right now I'm still going to use what I have! I see so many people saying their products are sub par but I love what I've tried

dash4

I'm just so glad the more ENLIGHTENED instagram boycotters exist to harass teenage girls who are excited about their Lime Crime purchases. Savin' the world one "OMG YOU'RE SO STUPID!!" at a time, really.
That is so wrong.. so are the alleged threats against Doe Deere.. Two wrongs do NOT make a right.. People can not act righteous and then turn around and pull stunts like this... it brings them down to her level..and in some cases -- even lower.

Quote: Originally Posted by jenise

I agree.. Velvetines have the best consistency.. I can only do one coat of LA Splash -- or it turns into a mess on my mouth..I love the colors and price point, but I have to be a lot more careful when applying LA Splashs..

mel33t

I really like all my products from LC, I LOVE my Venus palette which is what sucks about this whole thing. Although I'm not buying more as of right now I'm still going to use what I have! I see so many people saying their products are sub par but I love what I've tried
I wanted the Venus palette and I still do, but I am nervous about the whole debacle. :/

Vandekamp

L-R: Jordana's Coco Loco LL, LC Salem, Mac Film Noir. I'm sure there's got to be some dead on dupes out there as these colors are becoming increasingly popular. Hope you find your Salem dupe soon!
Forget the swatches. All I see is your big beautiful wedding ring.

Melrose

Forget the swatches. All I see is your big beautiful wedding ring.
Aww, thank you sweet friend! The hubs just surprised me with a new band on Valentine's day when he asked if I would marry him again. He did good choosing a ring to compliment my original one.

dash4

Wow. I was watching a video about the controversy.. Velvetines only have 2.6 ML or 0.088 fl oz of product.. By comparison, Kat Von D liquid lipsticks have 6.6 ML or .22 fl oz .. I did not realize there was such a small amount of product in the tube.. probably because it is frosted and hard to see exactly how much is in it.

Venus, Riot and Cashmere still have yet to sell out.. If the controversy had not happened -- I would bet money that they would have sold out already..

thebloomroom

Wow. I was watching a video about the controversy.. Velvetines only have 2.6 ML or 0.088 fl oz of product.. By comparison, Kat Von D liquid lipsticks have 6.6 ML or .22 fl oz .. I did not realize there was such a small amount of product in the tube.. probably because it is frosted and hard to see exactly how much is in it.

Venus, Riot and Cashmere still have yet to sell out.. If the controversy had not happened -- I would bet money that they would have sold out already..
WOW i never realized it either! i never thought to look

thebloomroom

Vineetha

Wow. I was watching a video about the controversy..  Velvetines only have 2.6 ML  or 0.088 fl oz of product.. By comparison, Kat Von D liquid lipsticks have 6.6 ML or .22 fl oz .. I did not realize there was such a small amount of product in the tube.. probably because it is frosted and hard to see exactly how much is in it. Venus, Riot and Cashmere still have yet to sell out.. If the controversy had not happened -- I would bet money that they would have sold out already..
I don't know for sure if it's actually the comment made by Xenia but supposedly this is how she replied to a query on quantity vs price!!
526e8420_image.jpeg