Liquid Lipstick thread

miss0annette

I start in the center of my bottom lip, then press my top to it. Then work my way out, bottom first, then top.
I always apply the center first and work my way out. Doesn't matter whether you do the top or bottom first, it's personal preference. One thing you don't wanna do is press your lips together. As you apply it to one lip, let it dry while you apply it to the other lip. Pressing or rubbing your lips together can effect the colour payoff, wearability, and how even the lipstick applies. It also helps to apply a lipliner beforehand as well, lining and filling the entire lip. This will help if you don't get an exact even application with just the lipstick. The edge of the liner will tranfer if you don't completely cover it with the lipstick, but the lipstick won't. And as with all lipstick, a lipbalm prep is key. Apply balm before all your makeup, and them completely remove it before you do your liner and lipstick :wink:
This is so so helpful! Thank you ladies :)

thefbomb

I don't think this has been posted yet. New sephora liquid lipsticks.
3baf4968_image.jpeg
Well they certainly look nice. I'm eyeing that purple

erine1881

My sephora didn't have the new lipsticks out yet, but the girl let me swatch and buy the 2 i was interested in!
d6830ca3_image.jpeg
#14 Blackberry Sorbet #13 Marvelous Mauve

Vandekamp

Quote:Originally Posted by LiliV

I don't know why I slept on Vintage I'm definitely picking it up in my next order of these!

It is totally worth it.
My sephora didn't have the new lipsticks out yet, but the girl let me swatch and buy the 2 i was interested in!
d6830ca3_image.jpeg
#14 Blackberry Sorbet #13 Marvelous Mauve
Hot!!!!!! That's all I can say. I hope they wear a long time like KVD.

breatheonbeat

Hows the ABH one? Hows the formula compared to LC and KVD liquid lipsticks? Im waiting on my order, cant wait to try them
it is thicker! more of a cream than liquid, but it dries matte and i was able to eat/drink with it on. it has the tiniest bit of transfer- a negligible amount and goes away after a while. I was worried it wouldn't dry (like the nyx ones) but it does

breatheonbeat

well at least its dries and is matte, i can deal with a bit of transfer!
it's honestly the tiniest bit. it isn't 'messy' either- for example, i find that lc wicked has transfer (where the other velvetines don't) and it can get messy, but pure hollywood was just a trace of it, then gone altogether

Vandekamp

cashmere, pure hollywood, pa-ree, noo-d fighters, bow and arrow, Lolita (new) rhi rhi wined
Cashmere looks darker on you than on others. I love it. I hope it will look this dark on me. Thanks for the swatches. I've never heard of pa-ree. Who makes it?

blondie929

Cashmere looks darker on you than on others. I love it. I hope it will look this dark on me. Thanks for the swatches. I've never heard of pa-ree. Who makes it?
Velourlips I believe it's a brand in Australia but I got mine from the All cosmetics wholesale website it was the only place I could find it