Loreal HIP

braidey

I started using this line a couple of months ago, they have really nice lipgloss and lipstick. I only buy it when its on sale. Do any of you ladies use it? I plan to buy some this week, it has been reduced to 75% off, I don't think it is really popular in my area.

Janice

I really like the eyeshadows and lipglosses, haven't tried anything else from the line though.
smiles.gif

prinzessin784

I find it ridiculously expensive for a drugstore brand and complete ripoff of MAC. Even the font is the same! My fiancee (typical male when it comes to makeup) even noticed the similarities and commented that they are trying to copy MAC. I find it amusing.

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzessin784
I find it ridiculously expensive for a drugstore brand ....

But it's totally worth it when you can find B1G1F or coupons & clearance sales.
thmbup.gif

labwom

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzessin784
I find it ridiculously expensive for a drugstore brand and complete ripoff of MAC. Even the font is the same! My fiancee (typical male when it comes to makeup) even noticed the similarities and commented that they are trying to copy MAC. I find it amusing.

I totally know what you mean. They have an exact copy of Blue Brown and Pink Pearl. I bought the one that looks like Blue Brown and I swatched it with my mac pigment and could not tell the difference at all. But then again if mac is too expensive for some people this would be the way to go. But still... I haven't noticed the font yet but I will check it out lol.

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by labwom
I totally know what you mean. They have an exact copy of Blue Brown and Pink Pearl. I bought the one that looks like Blue Brown and I swatched it with my mac pigment and could not tell the difference at all. But then again if mac is too expensive for some people this would be the way to go. But still... I haven't noticed the font yet but I will check it out lol.

Oooh do you have a name of which one matches blue brown? I would love to try... I hate buying full sized pigs

pumpkincat210

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
Oooh do you have a name of which one matches blue brown? I would love to try... I hate buying full sized pigs

It's called Intrepid, you can get a good deal if you catch it when its buy one get one free, which drugstores have all the time. Especially CVS and Walgreen's.

TheRitz

MY sis in law just got some pigments from HIP. and they wre buy one get one half off. absolutely gorgeous!! and very cheap...8 dollars each so 4 bucks when on sale...and each comes with a brush.....i love it. i gotta get some

LMcConnell18

i have a bottle of the foundation... its kinda weird.
it goes on real orange and then 10 minutes later it kinda adjusts to your skin color... just makes you look tan. But it is kinda greasy. i have a duo of like an organish color and a cream color. its nice... it really does match macs colors tho... kinda funny.

Sonya Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha

Tenacious is a dead ringer for tan, also (go check my swatches in the swatch section). The off-white one has NOTHING on Vanilla though.

Juneplum

i lovvvve their lipglosses and shadows too! i lovvve the way the glosses smell... like coconut caramel (to me at leaset
lol.gif
) their shadows are great!

faifai

This thread convinced me to go out and get some HIP! I bought Tenacious (super-shimmery tan) loose pigment and Intrepid (luxe MAC Blue Brown knockoff) loose pigment. Intrepid is super pretty and amazingly vivid on my eyes, it really makes my nearly black eyes stand out. Can be used wet or dry to deliver gorgeous color, and the texture is very fine.

Tenacious is a little more difficult to blend, it doesn't seem as smooth as Intrepid, but it is much more shimmery/metallic and looks gooooorgeous on my NC45 skin, so I'm willing to work with it a little. Wheeee. None of the other HIP colors appealed to me, I think my Walgreen's doesn't have the full range of colors maybe? Either way it was a good deal at BOGO, so $6 each. I also used my fingers to apply them, I'm sure using a brush would make it easier.
smiles.gif

cynpat2000

well ive only tried the duos, I have sassy and showy. Which supposedly sassy has the MAC satin taupe dupe and showy has the MAC parrot dupe. I so want to get intrepid soon.

kirari

I really like the pure pigment sticks that I have. They go on a little tough, but they stay put and the color is really vivid.

Some of their eyeshadows are hit and miss, but I love Showy (the Parrot dupe) and the brown/gold combo. The mascara isn't too bad, either.

butterflydream

I have all the pure pigments sticks and the pigment powders not as blendable as macs but if you try using baby oil on a brush then rub it over the tip of the pigment sticks they don't go on as harshly and clump too bad. the duos are okay, but kind of hard. I like the pots because they have mirrors i use them to store pigments or too mix.