Loreal HIP

S.S.BlackOrchid

I do like it (only when it's on sale).
I agree with prinzessin784, it does rip off of mac quite a bit (I saw dupes of cranberry and parrot e/s), but hey, I'm a poor college student, so it's nice to have good quality things for a relatively inexpensive price (when they do 'buy one get one free' it's a good deal).

btw,
Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy411
which are mac look a likes??

the shimmery blue in showy=parrot
the plummy shade in cheeky is like mac cranberry
the blue in retro is kind of like mac deep truth e/s

Caffy

Ok so in Numerical order is the shadow by Nars

#1 Misfit
#2 South Pacific
#3 Mediteranee
#4 Bysance
#5 Divine
#6 Cleo
#7 Carvaggio
#8 Key Largo
#9 India Song
#10 Summertime
#11 Artic

200.jpg

200.jpg

300.jpg

300.jpg

300.jpg

300.jpg

300.jpg

300.jpg

300.jpg

300.jpg

nars_duo3016.jpg

Yeah?
hmm.gif

for #7 I meant to circle the shadow to the right...

krystalena

I bought two of the eyeshadow duos, Brazen and Flamboyant...the only thing it use is the yellow from the Flamboyant..

Rushch6

I think HIP is great for people that want to try some bright colors, but don't want to pay a lot for them. With this if the color doesn't work out I don't feel so bad throwing it away.

Khalia25

I have several, myself. The only ones I use are Flare and Flamboyant. The texture and the color payoff are on point!! I loved them so much I went out and bought Flare again. The orange color in Flare is one of my hg colors, and I bought Firespot when Moonbathe came out...the two colors are almost identical! The few other HIP duos I have...the texture seems so wrong and they seem hard and "crustier." Really hard to deposit any color...grrrrrr!!!

Ms. Z

I saw some new colors today at DR. The one w/2 shades of purple looked nice but familiar (I have to check out my Smashbox Pin Up) & I like that one that appeared to be a shade of beige w/olive green (not Lively). The new bright colors are nice too (one of them had a lime color).

MsButterfli

i picked up a teal gel eyeliner today for 10.98 at walmart as well as the crayon looking eyeshadow stick for 8.94 i believe..ima test em out later on

cocoabeauty

They have a lot of new stuff out right now. The gel liners, cream crayons (think shade sticks), new pigments as well as new bright and concentrated duos along with new lip glosses and bronzers/high lighters from their LE Orange collection. I'm a sucker and I picked up EVERYTHING. Beware that the one of the loose pigments is the same as famous (228) it has a different name but the same number. They also looked identical on my skin.

zori

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabeauty
They have a lot of new stuff out right now. The gel liners, cream crayons (think shade sticks), new pigments as well as new bright and concentrated duos along with new lip glosses and bronzers/high lighters from their LE Orange collection.

Just curious, do the cream crayons have the same lasting power as the shadesticks?

cocoabeauty

Zori I'm not too good at navigating this site but check in the drugstore cosmetics section. I wrote a piece there singing the prasises of the incredible lasting power of the hip cream crayons, at least on my hand, as I haven't tried it on my eyes yet.

yummy411

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.S.BlackOrchid
I do like it (only when it's on sale).
I agree with prinzessin784, it does rip off of mac quite a bit (I saw dupes of cranberry and parrot e/s), but hey, I'm a poor college student, so it's nice to have good quality things for a relatively inexpensive price (when they do 'buy one get one free' it's a good deal).

btw,

the shimmery blue in showy=parrot
the plummy shade in cheeky is like mac cranberry
the blue in retro is kind of like mac deep truth e/s

thank you!!!

yummy411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffy

Ok so in Numerical order is the shadow by Nars

#1 Misfit
#2 South Pacific
#3 Mediteranee
#4 Bysance
#5 Divine
#6 Cleo
#7 Carvaggio
#8 Key Largo
#9 India Song
#10 Summertime
#11 Artic

Yeah?
hmm.gif

for #7 I meant to circle the shadow to the right...

omigosh thanks!!!!

zori

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabeauty
Zori I'm not too good at navigating this site but check in the drugstore cosmetics section. I wrote a piece there singing the prasises of the incredible lasting power of the hip cream crayons, at least on my hand, as I haven't tried it on my eyes yet.

Thanks, I checked it out. Hmmm, next time I see them I'd probably make a purchase or two
smiles.gif

magi

Oh sorry, I didn´t see the questions before. Depotting was not problem. Didn´t need any heat or something. Used a cutter (is this also the english name fot this package opening tool???) and the glue was not too strong. The palette is by BENI DURRER. I purchased this from a german MAC-o-holic ;-)

Caffy, thinks for the comparsion pix, but have you heart of copy right? I know it´s not so usual in US, but you can not take other people pix, upload them somewhere else and make scribbles on them. I don´t like, what you did with my pic. You can quote my post with the pic, but not use it. Sorry, bt not this way...

ruca_or_hina

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzessin784
I find it ridiculously expensive for a drugstore brand and complete ripoff of MAC. Even the font is the same! My fiancee (typical male when it comes to makeup) even noticed the similarities and commented that they are trying to copy MAC. I find it amusing.

bahahaha so did mine!

also i think the line is crap
i bought some when it first came out & the e/s is typical of a drugstore brand - chalky & gross