lots of stuff going away today!

galvanizer

So far none even on the Pro site have that triangle of death... I wonder where these MA's get their info? I'm sure it was over 1/2 a year ago I was told at a Pro location that Myth was being disc'd so I grabbed 2 more... and it's still alive and kicking!

MACboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C.tastic
Yes, tempting shadow is safe. Also, Gel and Blankety lipstick as I said I saw online, but I was in the store last night and picked up both and the guy that worked there said they weren't going anywhere and were on the new schematic that just came out. Maybe it is by store??

A lot of times the schematics are made far in advance. we always seem to have stuff on there that the company is discontiuing....but every counter should get a fax from corporate on a fairly regular basis letting them know what is on it's way out. If the artist ISN'T busy and no other customers are waiting, you should see if they can dig it out for you. We get them about once a month at my counter, so I know that everyone else gets them too....but who knows if it's something every MUA at that counter erally gets a chance to look over...

eponine

sometimes counters send stuff back if they have an overstock of an item they don't sell a lot of, we've had to do that at my counter with items that are definitely not discontinued.

M.A.C.tastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieatbugs
Hey, another baltimore person! Nice to see you.
winks.gif

Hey you too!!! Where in Balt??? Sorry it took so long, just re-found the post!

Chanel_MAC

As per a Live Chat rep, Tempting e/s, Gel and Blankety l/s are all still regular line items. None of them have been DC'd. Tempting l/s was DC'd in 2005.

Sorry about the mix up with Tempting. It was Tempting lipstick, not eyeshadow. And about Gel and Blankety, we had to send all of ours back because they were discontinued. If they haven't been permanently dc'ed I would love to know. But, to the best of my knowledge they have been. We had to send all of ours back.

rainbow

ohh.... [Blankety] is one of my all time favourite ls from MAC! there is another hot fav of mine that i just discover recently ~ Expensivo during during a sales recently.. love it so much but its LE and no longer available @ the local counter. ebay sellers are selling it @ rocket high price..
th_remoteImage-61.gif

labwom

Blankety? I just bought that and I LOVE it! What the hell? Now I need to go buy 2 more! Why are they doing this to me?

Katura

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C.tastic
Yes, tempting shadow is safe. Also, Gel and Blankety lipstick as I said I saw online, but I was in the store last night and picked up both and the guy that worked there said they weren't going anywhere and were on the new schematic that just came out. Maybe it is by store??

Which store do you go to?

I'd be totalllllly bummed if Blanketywas discontinued. I'm a fan of Gel too...Jeez this would be two of my 6 favorite l/s in one swipe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eponine
sometimes counters send stuff back if they have an overstock of an item they don't sell a lot of, we've had to do that at my counter with items that are definitely not discontinued.

I though that's where all the stuff at CCOs come from :p

emlee

blankety is not going away. my mro and trainer confirmed this. so no need to run out and buy a bundle. i didn't ask about gel, but no way would they d/cd that. both of these l/s are top sellers.

MisStarrlight

I haven't seen Tempting or Rainbeau in forever, but Blankety & Gel are still on the schematic for the lipstick unit & we have them in stock.

CaitlinRH7

Let me just say that for the record, here in the Midwest (Tulsa, OK) we had a lot of discontinued products leave the counter in Feb.

*Tempting Lipstick
*Blankety Lipstick
*Gel Lipstick
*Fresh Moroccan Lipstick
*Rainbeau Lip Lacquer
*Pop Mode Lipglass
*Blu-Noir Eyeshadow
(We still have yet to receive Femme Noir back in either and is ALSO not featured on the schematic OR set in the overflow trays)

We DID receive back as of Jun 2007:

*Gel Lipstick
*Fresh Moroccan Lipstick
*Pop Mode Lipglass

No word back on anything else yet, they just send it to us with no rhyme or reasoning behind it...so I just smile and put it back into stock like it always was
smiles.gif

Hope this gives y'all a little hope they'll bring back the goods!!!

stephie06

tempting?!?!? nooooo!

i'm so glad i held onto mine. i was going to give it away in a swap, thinking i could always get another one if i wanted. good thing i still have it!

Latest posts