MAC 3D Glitter Collection - (April 10, 2014) (Updated: May 15, 2014)

erine1881

Adhesive!!!??! Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.... Mind blown! Lol. ... I always see those girls that pull it off effortlessly... I watch from afar and imagine their vanities are prob a mess of glitter... I didn't know u put adhesive!!!!
Oh yeah! Ya gotta use an adhesive! There's Sally Girl at Sallys that's less than $1, shopvioletvoss, duo lash glue, mac's liner MM, ben nye glitter glue, and some others I'm sure.
I use hard candy glitter glue which is almost gone.. So I need a new glitter glue cause they don't sell it anymore
I didn't know they got rid of it!? That's what i use in my kit. I just listed a few up above my dear :wink:

Rinstar

YESSSSSSSS!! I love my 3D Gold, Silver and Copper! I definitely want the black, lavender and mint. Probably Brass Gold too

LdMD

I use hard candy glitter glue which is almost gone.. So I need a new glitter glue cause they don't sell it anymore
I didn't know they got rid of it!? That's what i use in my kit. I just listed a few up above my dear
th_wink3.gif
The only glitter glue that I heard of (until now!) was Too Faced "Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue Glitter Bonding Eye Shadow Primer": http://www.sephora.com/shadow-insur...nding-eye-shadow-primer-P277300?skuId=1307701 It's not cheap but at least has some good reviews on it! I wonder if it can be used as a regular primer, to prevent eyeshadow from creasing and intensifying its color.

Christine gave some tips on how to apply glitter here: http://www.temptalia.com/how-to-apply-glitter-tips-tricks She also listed the "Clearly Liquid Glitter Base" from Lit Cosmetics as her favorite, but it's even more expensive than the one from Too Faced.

More tips and products here: http://www.beautylish.com/a/vmiia/glitter-grabbers-the-best-application-tools-to-apply-sparkle
amuse.gif

LdMD

I'm more excited for "3D Black"! Sounds beautiful! I wish I could buy fractions of it, because I don't use glitter very often!

MRV

Gold, Lavender, and Mint - but just for my nails if I get them. They can be put into polish, right?

Anneri

Yes you can - at least I've done so with some I own (sorry, forgot exactly which ones). Buuuuuuuut - they're a bit pricey to put into polish, aren't they? You know there're awesome places on etsy that sell glitter right?

Addict4MAC

Thanks for sharing the info Erin! Do you think 3D Gold and Copper will ever make a return? I know 3D Gold was in the Nocturnals collection. I wonder why these weren't repromoted in this collection. Are they already pro perm?

jennyap

I haven't even touched my 3D Gold from Nocturnals, so I can't see me getting any of these. I think I'm in the glitter = too much hassle group to be honest (and 99% of the time I wear makeup it is when I'm at work so glitter isn't really appropriate anyway!)

MRV

Yes you can - at least I've done so with some I own (sorry, forgot exactly which ones). Buuuuuuuut - they're a bit pricey to put into polish, aren't they? You know there're awesome places on etsy that sell glitter right?
Yes, I already ordered from a shop you remommended I think!?
girlhaha.gif

novocainedreams

Oh man 3d silver finally!! Lavender and Mint look interesting too. I have so many LIT glitters but there is nothing like MAC's 3D silver!

novocainedreams

The only glitter glue that I heard of (until now!) was Too Faced "Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue Glitter Bonding Eye Shadow Primer": http://www.sephora.com/shadow-insur...nding-eye-shadow-primer-P277300?skuId=1307701 It's not cheap but at least has some good reviews on it! I wonder if it can be used as a regular primer, to prevent eyeshadow from creasing and intensifying its color.

Christine gave some tips on how to apply glitter here: http://www.temptalia.com/how-to-apply-glitter-tips-tricks She also listed the "Clearly Liquid Glitter Base" from Lit Cosmetics as her favorite, but it's even more expensive than the one from Too Faced.

More tips and products here: http://www.beautylish.com/a/vmiia/glitter-grabbers-the-best-application-tools-to-apply-sparkle
amuse.gif
I use LIT glitter adhesive or Fyrinnae's(Indie cosmetics) Pixie Epoxy. Both are amazing. You can get a mini lit adhesive for a few bucks. Fyrinnae's is only $7 or you can get a trial size for $2.

erine1881

Gold, Lavender, and Mint - but just for my nails if I get them. They can be put into polish, right?
I wouldn't put them INTO polish so much as sprinkle them ONTO polish.
Thanks for sharing the info Erin! Do you think 3D Gold and Copper will ever make a return? I know 3D Gold was in the Nocturnals collection. I wonder why these weren't repromoted in this collection. Are they already pro perm?
No they aren't perm now, and I don't think they'll come back unfortunately. If they were gonna come back they would've brought them back with this collection i would think.
Oh man 3d silver finally!! Lavender and Mint look interesting too. I have so many LIT glitters but there is nothing like MAC's 3D silver!
There's sooo many dupes for 3D silver! OCC has one (i have it and 2 old jars of 3D silver), lime crime has one, shopvioletvoss has one, and I've seen some of the cheaper drug store brands carry a dupe as well.

novocainedreams

There's sooo many dupes for 3D silver! OCC has one (i have it and 2 old jars of 3D silver), lime crime has one, shopvioletvoss has one, and I've seen some of the cheaper drug store brands carry a dupe as well.
Really? None of them ever seem quite like the sample I have of the MAC 3D glitter...maybe it's just me.

Rinstar

Wanted to mention- I saw that Urban Decay is also coming out with some glitter, not sure when, and some kind of glitter glue called "Bondage" :)

erine1881

They're all much finer, more along the lines of reflects glitter, but the same colour/holo. There were 2 versions of 3D silver, so it just depends on what sample yours is.