MAC 3D Glitter Collection - (April 10, 2014) (Updated: May 15, 2014)

Amby79

I need to log of and stop exploring the site......all I saw was glitter and holo....I got excited....

SydVicious

I use LIT glitter adhesive or Fyrinnae's(Indie cosmetics) Pixie Epoxy. Both are amazing. You can get a mini lit adhesive for a few bucks. Fyrinnae's is only $7 or you can get a trial size for $2.
I use Lit's glitter base too. I love that stuff!! It's perfect for creating a glitter eyeliner, it goes on so smooth.

AccordingToJenn

See whenever I wear glitter somebody always has to comment on it with some passive aggressive bs about how it's the equivalent of "play" makeup or some other foolishness. Glad to see other ladies wanting to rock it!

LdMD

Oh man 3d silver finally!! Lavender and Mint look interesting too. I have so many LIT glitters but there is nothing like MAC's 3D silver!
There's sooo many dupes for 3D silver! OCC has one (i have it and 2 old jars of 3D silver), lime crime has one, shopvioletvoss has one, and I've seen some of the cheaper drug store brands carry a dupe as well.
When I read the description of "3D Silver", I thought on NYX's "Disco Ball" Glitter, but I think it was discontinued... I've found these comparison pictures of both: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RUZCrXQJbN4/UXMcAqVBKxI/AAAAAAAAEd8/yGsx9yy1_Jw/s800/M3D.jpg http://desejosdeconsumowish.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/glitter1.jpg?w=400&h=260 And here it's only NYX "Disco Ball", showing its effect: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rMc9ZGLEO...fixador_glitter_koloss_f-menina_blogspot3.jpg I don't own any, but they look pretty!!!
th_thstars.gif

novocainedreams

Where do you buy the mini Lit @novocainedreams? Thanks for sharing!!!

When I read the description of "3D Silver", I thought on NYX's "Disco Ball" Glitter, but I think it was discontinued... I've found these comparison pictures of both: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RUZCrXQJbN4/UXMcAqVBKxI/AAAAAAAAEd8/yGsx9yy1_Jw/s800/M3D.jpg http://desejosdeconsumowish.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/glitter1.jpg?w=400&h=260 And here it's only NYX "Disco Ball", showing its effect: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rMc9ZGLEO...fixador_glitter_koloss_f-menina_blogspot3.jpg I don't own any, but they look pretty!!!
th_thstars.gif
Sorry I guess maybe you can't get the small ones separately only in the lit kits. I got them when I purchased at IMATS one year and when I ordered a bunch from their website they sent me other mini's, so I've never had to buy a full size.

LdMD

Where do you buy the mini Lit @novocainedreams? Thanks for sharing!!!

Sorry I guess maybe you can't get the small ones separately only in the lit kits. I got them when I purchased at IMATS one year and when I ordered a bunch from their website they sent me other mini's, so I've never had to buy a full size.
Oh, I see! No problem! It's a good way to get it too!
amuse.gif

Marsha Pomells

Thanks for sharing the info Erin! Do you think 3D Gold and Copper will ever make a return? I know 3D Gold was in the Nocturnals collection. I wonder why these weren't repromoted in this collection. Are they already pro perm?
I want 3D copper to make a comeback, as I only got 3D Gold and Jewelmarine

Christy0188

I must own them all!!
eyelove.gif
Can't wait for these! my poor wallet
ohboy.gif
lol!! most likely i will end up transferring them to my empty old style jars
sigh.gif

here is my current stash of MAC pigment Glitters can you guys tell I love Glitter
girlhaha.gif

Kristin Bacon

I must own them all!!
eyelove.gif
ohboy.gif
sigh.gif

here is my current stash of MAC pigment Glitters can you guys tell I love Glitter
girlhaha.gif

lovely!!! i used to wear non eye safe glitter all the time and never had a mishap but my x got it in his eye when we were broken up once, and rubbed the hell out of it til he had to go to a eye doc to get it out and wear a eye patch, kinda funny. If i had been there i would have got it out and told his dumb ass not to rub it in shesh!! But i was wondering do u wear these on your face?? i have worn the reflects on my eyes for years and years, i didnt know it wasnt eye safe til a yr ago lol. i love the reflects but i havent worn my few mac glitter charms on my eyes.

erine1881

lovely!!! i used to wear non eye safe glitter all the time and never had a mishap but my x got it in his eye when we were broken up once, and rubbed the hell out of it til he had to go to a eye doc to get it out and wear a eye patch, kinda funny. If i had been there i would have got it out and told his dumb ass not to rub it in shesh!! But i was wondering do u wear these on your face?? i have worn the reflects on my eyes for years and years, i didnt know it wasnt eye safe til a yr ago lol. i love the reflects but i havent worn my few mac glitter charms on my eyes.
I always wear the glitters on my eye. Only way i wear em.

Kristin Bacon

I always wear the glitters on my eye. Only way i wear em.
ok good to know!! i wore crafts glitter on mine for years and never even had a issue but this last holiday collection pigment and glitter sets everyone was complaining about non eye safe glitters from mac then i read that reflects werent either and was like um ok.... I never even thought of it before that. I just never had a cool glitter from them i have a few charms in flat colors. But the 3D and reflects are so pretty!!! I will be grabbing some when they come out. I guess if u rub a stray glitter into your damn eye ball like my ex its called natural selection!!!! I mean i thought it was soooooo funny cuz he had been being a jerk so it was karma hehehe.

Kristin Bacon

I must own them all!!
eyelove.gif
ohboy.gif
sigh.gif

girlhaha.gif

this pic is making me so happy right now!!!!! i wanna play sparkles and nails and dress up with all that.

erine1881

ok good to know!! i wore crafts glitter on mine for years and never even had a issue but this last holiday collection pigment and glitter sets everyone was complaining about non eye safe glitters from mac then i read that reflects werent either and was like um ok.... I never even thought of it before that. I just never had a cool glitter from them i have a few charms in flat colors. But the 3D and reflects are so pretty!!! I will be grabbing some when they come out. I guess if u rub a stray glitter into your damn eye ball like my ex its called natural selection!!!! I mean i thought it was soooooo funny cuz he had been being a jerk so it was karma hehehe.
Yeah you just need the right adhesive and DEFINITELY don't rub your eye. But I'd never wear craft glitter on my eye. My nails, yes, but never on my face.

Kristin Bacon

Yeah you just need the right adhesive and DEFINITELY don't rub your eye. But I'd never wear craft glitter on my eye. My nails, yes, but never on my face.
yes i agree its been about 8 yrs since i did that good thing i never ended up scratching my cornea off lol.

Marsha Pomells

I must own them all!! :eyelove:  Can't wait for these! my poor wallet :eek:hboy:  lol!! most likely i will end up transferring them to my empty old style jars:sigh:   here is my current stash of MAC pigment Glitters can you guys tell I love Glitter:haha:
They're so pretty :eyelove: