MAC - Alice + Olivia Discussion

xKiKix

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
iagree.gif
those are the def. standouts.
yes.gif
I will be nabbing those.

i think these are the only ones i'll be getting from the collection since everything else looks kinda blah to me. plus its good for my wallet since i'll be going shopping in canada before this collection releases.
th_DANCE.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKiKix
i think these are the only ones i'll be getting from the collection since everything else looks kinda blah to me. plus its good for my wallet since i'll be going shopping in canada before this collection releases.
th_DANCE.gif

I think they are the standouts, but I am still going to get the other pigment and a few nail lacquers. I, personally, love this color palette.
th_DANCE.gif

Have fun shopping in Canada!

xKiKix

Quote:
I think they are the standouts, but I am still going to get the other pigment and a few nail lacquers. I, personally, love this color palette.
th_DANCE.gif

Have fun shopping in Canada!

Can you imagine how crazy I would go with shopping in canada?? i'm staying at a hotel that literally 5-10 mins away from 2 malls. this is like either a recipe for disaster or a genius shopping plan.
graucho.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKiKix
Can you imagine how crazy I would go with shopping in canada?? i'm staying at a hotel that literally 5-10 mins away from 2 malls. this is like either a recipe for disaster or a genius shopping plan.
graucho.gif

Can't it be a little bit of both?
th_wink3.gif
graucho.gif

The shopping where I live isn't very good, so I'm usually pretty safe.

But, when I go to the Bay area, I have been known to spend a dollar or two.
sneaky.gif

Cleopatruh

Sparklicious looks pretty; but maybe that's only because Sugarrimmed is my favorite lipgloss ever, and it's a little too similar. I'd have to see it in person I guess.
Military looks pretty as well, but I feel like I could get a greyish black polish anywhere. I'm not super impressed with this collection.
I do wish that the design of the boxes transferred to the actual product packaging!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleopatruh
Sparklicious looks pretty; but maybe that's only because Sugarrimmed is my favorite lipgloss ever, and it's a little too similar. I'd have to see it in person I guess.
Military looks pretty as well, but I feel like I could get a greyish black polish anywhere. I'm not super impressed with this collection.
I do wish that the design of the boxes transferred to the actual product packaging!

Yes- I wish the boxes had transferred as well. I really like them. So stupid, but I am actually tempted to buy a DGC because I want one of each box.
tong.gif

abbyquack

I am thinking of getting Partylicious and Later as well...definitely Later though, that is so pretty, even if it's only used as a liner. But I can see this as a really versatile crease color too.

I Want Candy kinda sounds interesting and I get what Her Greyness is saying about it "color correcting" red lips. After all, they make green concealers to reduce redness, why not on the lips? I have very pigmented lips, it might an easy fix so they don't look so red all the time
yes.gif

xKiKix

Quote:
Can't it be a little bit of both?
th_wink3.gif
graucho.gif

The shopping where I live isn't very good, so I'm usually pretty safe.

But, when I go to the Bay area, I have been known to spend a dollar or two.
sneaky.gif

i keep telling myself that i'm going to make a small list and stick to it but i have a feeling i might get SOOOOO much more. hopefully not too much though cuz i gots to have something left for these beautiful pigments in these collection. lol.
tong.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
I am thinking of getting Partylicious and Later as well...definitely Later though, that is so pretty, even if it's only used as a liner. But I can see this as a really versatile crease color too.

I Want Candy kinda sounds interesting and I get what Her Greyness is saying about it "color correcting" red lips. After all, they make green concealers to reduce redness, why not on the lips? I have very pigmented lips, it might an easy fix so they don't look so red all the time
yes.gif

Good idea.
thmbup.gif
My lips aren't that pigmented though- I still can't justify it.
cry.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilithsnake6
The yellow gloss is odd looking. I love bright weird colors (I plan on getting that greenish Liquid Lurex lipstick) but I seriously cannot think of how to use the yellow gloss. I'd love to hear anyone's ideas if they plan to.

Experimenting is half the fun... Personally want to try this with some really bright colours- Show Orchid or Violetta. I'm also vaguely curious to try it with Black Knight.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
Experimenting is half the fun... Personally want to try this with some really bright colours- Show Orchid or Violetta. I'm also vaguely curious to try it with Black Knight.

thud.gif
Maybe I will be able to justify this one.... You are giving me ideas.
sneaky.gif

abbyquack

Quote:
Good idea.
thmbup.gif
My lips aren't that pigmented though- I still can't justify it.
cry.gif

True! I also think it's crazy how expensive these are...like for some reason Pigments at $19.50 sound expensive and are a splurge item, but then these lipglosses, which won't last half as a long are like $18! I dunno if I can do it...

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
True! I also think it's crazy how expensive these are...like for some reason Pigments at $19.50 sound expensive and are a splurge item, but then these lipglosses, which won't last half as a long are like $18! I dunno if I can do it...

Exactly! I can justify any pigment because I know I will get a lot of use out it. I mean, you can use them for just about anything. $18 for a weird colored DGC? I will have to think about it.
001_unsure.gif

Cleopatruh

Quote:
Yes- I wish the boxes had transferred as well. I really like them. So stupid, but I am actually tempted to buy a DGC because I want one of each box.
tong.gif

Haha! That's not stupid; I can totally relate.
tong.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Care
i'm so much more excited for this collection to be released then In The Groove!

You & me both!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleopatruh
Haha! That's not stupid; I can totally relate.
tong.gif

Good. I save all my boxes so I am totally digging these.
yes.gif

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilithsnake6
The yellow gloss is odd looking. I love bright weird colors (I plan on getting that greenish Liquid Lurex lipstick) but I seriously cannot think of how to use the yellow gloss. I'd love to hear anyone's ideas if they plan to.

That yellow gloss would look fantastic on women with rich chocolatey skin tones.

A poster named Rachel on Temptalia wrote:
The yellow shade, I.Want.Candy is great to layer over any red lipstick and it instantly makes it brighter. This is a tip I got, and tried from a Shu Uemura artist.

^^^That sounds like a great idea, but I don't think it will push me over the edge to buy it, since I've got some huge hauls in my future without getting anything from A+O.

LMD84

i do think the glosses in this collection are pretty - i just hate that they are dazzleglass cremes!