MAC - Alice + Olivia Discussion

NotteRequiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
you're missing out!
tong.gif

You really REALLY are! Honestly I store my pigments upside down, and when I use them for shadow I take off the top and just take the product from the plastic insert. Little to no mess, and you're able to swirl your brush instead of dipping, and then you can tap away extra.

I find myself reaching for pigments WAY more than eyeshadows in the morning <3

Junkie

I really can't spend $23.50 x 3 + tax on the pigments for myself ugh. Make-up budget, how I loathe thee.

I'm starting to think I want them even more now
shockt.gif
I don't think my photos did them proper justice. God, I hate my cat for breaking my old camera...ROAR!

*starts stalking the clearance bin for samples*

lilithsnake6

Temptalia just posted swatches of the dazzle cremes and the pigments- I think Later and Partylicious look much better in hers than any of the others I've seen. Makes me feel kinda of bad for skipping this.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilithsnake6
Temptalia just posted swatches of the dazzle cremes and the pigments- I think Later and Partylicious look much better in hers than any of the others I've seen. Makes me feel kinda of bad for skipping this.

Thanks for letting me know! The temptalia swatches are awesome- I am back to wanting everything.
drools.gif

I will be skipping the lip products, though. I like the hot pink from DTW better. I will never use the yellow one, and sparklicious would be used the same as bubbles, at least by me. and, if I am getting ghost town from rodarte for the same purpose, I really don't need it. Plus, a lot of people seem to dislike DGC. I will most likely walk out with the pigments, morning after n/l, and maybe military. i like so rich so pretty, but is too red toned- i have purples i like better.

lilithsnake6

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Thanks for letting me know! The temptalia swatches are awesome- I am back to wanting everything.
drools.gif

I will be skipping the lip products, though. I like the hot pink from DTW better. I will never use the yellow one, and sparklicious would be used the same as bubbles, at least by me. and, if I am getting ghost town from rodarte for the same purpose, I really don't need it. Plus, a lot of people seem to dislike DGC. I will most likely walk out with the pigments, morning after n/l, and maybe military. i like so rich so pretty, but is too red toned- i have purples i like better.

The yellow gloss is odd looking. I love bright weird colors (I plan on getting that greenish Liquid Lurex lipstick) but I seriously cannot think of how to use the yellow gloss. I'd love to hear anyone's ideas if they plan to.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilithsnake6
The yellow gloss is odd looking. I love bright weird colors (I plan on getting that greenish Liquid Lurex lipstick) but I seriously cannot think of how to use the yellow gloss. I'd love to hear anyone's ideas if they plan to.

I typically like odd colors as well, but I feel like this one would make my teeth look weird.
sick.gif

kaylabella

After seeing Temptalia's swatches, I think I am only getting Partylicious. It is so gorgeous! I may get Later....later with the holiday collection, but it needs to wow me first.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylabella
After seeing Temptalia's swatches, I think I am only getting Partylicious. It is so gorgeous! I may get Later....later with the holiday collection, but it needs to wow me first.

I know! Partylicious was the one I was looking forward to the least- swatches are
drools.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
Good point, but to be honest I am not really a pigment user
th_dunno.gif

The MEtal ES are ES and not pigments
smiles.gif
-- and yes, to date there is no confirmation of when this collection will come out.. but then, I could have said the same about VV many many months ago.. and nobody would believe me..lol.
yes.gif
- so, whatever I post as far as info or pics, take with a grain of salty salt... but there will be the Metal ES and turquoise is one of the colors (I got an email that indicates a name change - but no product changes to date)
th_wink3.gif

User38

Quote:
I typically like odd colors as well, but I feel like this one would make my teeth look weird.
sick.gif

The yellow gloss looks weird but it acts like Spring Bean (for those who remember that one).. it is a good color really to tone down red lips or to change colors and add that glossiness.. After using it a few times I now like it -- would I buy it? nope.. cause I already have my tester
winks.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
The yellow gloss looks weird but it acts like Spring Bean (for those who remember that one).. it is a good color really to tone down red lips or to change colors and add that glossiness.. After using it a few times I now like it -- would I buy it? nope.. cause I already have my tester
winks.gif

I don't wear red too often, so I can't justify purchasing i want candy.
th_dunno.gif

lilibat

I think my need for backups just became +2 each for Later & Partylicious.

dammit.

They look like they are going to need permanent spots in my main palette too. Party might actually replace Teal for me since Teal is just a little too green for me most of the time.

dammit. dammit. dammit.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibat
I think my need for backups just became +2 each for Later & Partylicious.

dammit.

They look like they are going to need permanent spots in my main palette too. Party might actually replace Teal for me since Teal is just a little too green for me most of the time.

dammit. dammit. dammit.

iagree.gif

I, too, am considering backups. Temptalia's swatches are usually the most accurate. I didn't expect any of these to be so pretty.

Just saw the nail swatches. I am def. getting Morning After and Military and am undecided on So Rich So Pretty. I don't want to miss a purple, but I feel like I could find better purples.
th_dunno.gif

shontay07108

I'm all about Later pigment. When wet, it's gorgeous! I don't usually do dark eyes, but I will make an exception here. I also want Partylicious. Mutiny pigment is such a mess and I want to use this as a substitute. Hopefully, it's not as chunky.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I'm all about Later pigment. When wet, it's gorgeous! I don't usually do dark eyes, but I will make an exception here. I also want Partylicious. Mutiny pigment is such a mess and I want to use this as a substitute. Hopefully, it's not as chunky.

None of these look very chunky
greengrin.gif
Makes me happy.
th_DANCE.gif

xKiKix

i think i am in love with partylicious pigment, i also want to get later pigment too. they're both so gorgeous! can't wait till i get to buy them.

xKiKix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
I'm back to wanting both Later and Partylicious pigments, dammit! I can't make up my mind about this collection

lol, just get the two pigments and dont look back onto the rest of the collection. trust me you'll regret not getting these two. i know i'll be crying if i dont get partylicious.
yes.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKiKix
lol, just get the two pigments and dont look back onto the rest of the collection. trust me you'll regret not getting these two. i know i'll be crying if i dont get partylicious.
yes.gif

iagree.gif
those are the def. standouts.
yes.gif
I will be nabbing those.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
Hopefully, it's not as chunky.

Quote:
None of these look very chunky