MAC - Alice + Olivia Discussion

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie
Argh! The PRO store here launches this collection tomorrow and I'm completely TORN - even after seeing the products in that link ^^ !!!!

I'll really need to swatch beforehand. I.Want.Candy looks amazing tho
shockt.gif

And is it just me, or do the pigments look less appealing after seeing those swatches?

I'll really need to swatch those especially - wet too.

I really want samples of all 3 pigments...in the wishlist they go! Any takers?
graucho.gif

Haha!

are you sure? i just called toronto pro store and they said they are not launching this until the 3rd week of july, but they are releasing in the groove this week. so confused
th_dunno.gif

Gonzajuju

I can't remember who's blog it was but they swatched Partylicious along with Parrot e/s and Parrot was just slightly lighter but about the same teal color.

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
I'll post photos in the A+O swatch thread tomorrow around 12pm EST
smiles.gif

Anyone else want a comparison while I'm at Pro?

Just thought of this, they're open on Canada Day? If so, happy Canada Day hauling to you
yes.gif

lenchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JJ*
no, i wasn't too impressed with their products either. their jumbo eye pencils creased on me like crazy, no matter which primer i used underneath! which is too bad, because they have so many great colors i'd love to use as bases.

i'm starting to think we won't have any A+O swatches until this collection is actually released...

same here!

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
are you sure? i just called toronto pro store and they said they are not launching this until the 3rd week of july, but they are releasing in the groove this week. so confused
th_dunno.gif

Really? I heard her flipping through the book when I called right before I posted. She said tomorrow...

Regardless, I'm going anyways. Its not that out of the way even if its for nothing. I'd rather be wrong than miss out on the pre-release with Pro! Haha
smiles.gif

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
Just thought of this, they're open on Canada Day? If so, happy Canada Day hauling to you
yes.gif

Crap! Maybe she was wrong
th_confused_new.gif
I don't think very many businesses are open on Canada Day. Rahhhh! I can't even call now...its too late.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzajuju
I can't remember who's blog it was but they swatched Partylicious along with Parrot e/s and Parrot was just slightly lighter but about the same teal color.

drools.gif

PlatinumV

So... how do you wear glitter? I have just 2 glitters: reflect old gold and reflect teal. I wear once old gold on the lids, but it actually leaves a lot of "hole"... so, how do you use them?

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
i like togetherness, CCC, and blue my mind MES, petticoat, stereo rose and by candlelight MSFs.

yep, that's it.

i'm the same way with eye/lip safe stuff. i could care less. and if something happens, i know its my own for faulting for wearing it where i shouldn't!

iagree.gif

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumV
So... how do you wear glitter? I have just 2 glitters: reflect old gold and reflect teal. I wear once old gold on the lids, but it actually leaves a lot of "hole"... so, how do you use them?

You can pat them on top of shadows/pigments to give extra sparkle.
smiles.gif

Here's an example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScQqPrpnSQE
Searching on Youtube for "reflects glitter" gives lots of ideas.
th_wink3.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
You can pat them on top of shadows/pigments to give extra sparkle.
smiles.gif

Yep- that's how I do it.
yes.gif

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
^ It most likely might be open downtown or in the Eaton Centre!!!

I'm thinking she would've said something regardless if they were going to be closed tomorrow (because I asked her if I could hold products and she said, "Just come in tomorrow when we open"). I know the Eaton Center will be open, but they won't have the collection out yet.

Either way...I'll atleast get to see one new collection (A+O or ITG)...so its not a total loss.

sleepyhead

Quote:
I'm thinking she would've said something regardless if they were going to be closed tomorrow (because I asked her if I could hold products and she said, "Just come in tomorrow when we open"). I know the Eaton Center will be open, but they won't have the collection out yet.

Either way...I'll atleast get to see one new collection (A+O or ITG)...so its not a total loss.

they are open today! and they are releasing this collection today! i guess the person i talked to yesterday had no idea what she was talking about. i just called and placed an order for the 3 pigments so they'll ship them tomorrow with the rest of the stuff i ordered last week
th_DANCE.gif

sigh... ppl from the pro store are sooo nice. i wish i'm still living in toronto

jazm1n3s

Is reflects antique gold actually meant to be used on eyes? Is it marked not eye-safe? I know a lot of people use it as an eyeshadow, but i was just wondering what MAC says about this. Is it considered glitters? Cos i know they're not eye-safe. TIA!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazm1n3s
Is reflects antique gold actually meant to be used on eyes? Is it marked not eye-safe? I know a lot of people use it as an eyeshadow, but i was just wondering what MAC says about this. Is it considered glitters? Cos i know they're not eye-safe. TIA!

it's not eye safe and it's classed as a glitter
smiles.gif

Junkie

Wow! That was a trek and a half!

I went this morning at 10am thinking they'd be going by regular hours...WRONG. I thought maybe they were closed, so I went back home, only to call at 11:25 and find out they opened an hour later at PRO. GAH! lol

Ventured back out, got there in half an hour and had the collection to swatch for myself.

The Dazzleglass cremes are AMAZING! I picked up I.Want.Candy, but I really had to hold myself back from getting Sparkalicious! Maybe I'll head back next week when the regular launch is in stores to get it....but damn, its amazing. I found a dupe a few weeks ago for it, so I might end up getting that since its cheaper (Lise Watier LE Summer 2010 Neon Gloss in Irridescence).

The pigments were nice, but If It Sparkles is a pretty good dupe for Pink Opal. They were extremely hard to photograph...my arm is about NC20 and it barely showed up at all (If It Sparkles). They also seem to have a lot of fallout. The MAs and I were discussing it and they said that If It Sparkles is pretty much Pink Opal and Naked mixed.

Partylicious was another good pigment, but if you have Parrot or Big T eyeshadows they are fairly similar. Parrot has more of a frosty finish and Big T is a darker blue/teal. Partylicious also seems more matte than both the eyeshadows and is nothing at all like Teal pigment. Teal pigment is a lot more green.

Later. is a really nice black and really sheer depending on how you apply. The sparkles are purple and blue for the most part. I had to foil it with Fix+ to get decent photos, but I still couldn't capture the purple-blue sheen to it when it hits the light. Its similar to Top Knot eyeshadow on the skin laying flat - same when compared side to side with the pan of eyeshadow. However, there are differences depending on the lighting. Its nothing like Young Punk MES - I took comparisons, but they were so off, that I didn't bother to include them (Young Punk is waaaaay more purple and has a lot more sparkles - chunkier too).

If Its Pink Dazzleglass creme reminded me of True Babe Lipglass (but with sparkles)...but I didn't swatch them side by side.

Alrighty folks...hope that helps a bit. My photos are posted in the A+O swatch thread. My camera and me are finicky....I'm still getting used to taking macro shots in different lighting....so keep that in mind
smiles.gif

HTH!

lilibat

Black with blue & purple sparkle?!?!?!!!! I'll take 3762732 & wear it over a black base. Must have a lot of partylicious too, since I think it's going to match my roots really well. Might get 1 of Sparkles, just to have it in the collex. That's it, but with backups, that's enough.

Latest posts