MAC - Alice + Olivia Discussion

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
iagree.gif
yes.gif

I'd love to see Karla swatches of this!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riotlove
totally agree. i LOVE karla swatches

Third!

singer82

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibat
To me it looks like she just stuck her finger in the pigments and dragged them over. I am thinking that if applied properly they won't be that sheer. Mostly because none of the pigments I own look that bad applied. I would be very surprised if MAC made pigments to be like that.

I totally agree. Most pigments are lighter at first and get more intense as you apply. Like someone said earlier, Later will be released later (lol) so it will prob be a pass for me.

Muse must have posted right then and there cause at first I replied with the link then looked up and saw someone already posted it. Yay for not being the only one just waiting for the swatches to show up somewhere

LittleMaryJane

I've known I wanted "I Want Candy" for awhile now.. But after the swatches, "Military" looks good too. Think I'll be getting both if I think I'll have enough left for the more important collections this month.

User38

hmm.gif
noworry.gif
noworry.gif
Makeup like sex, has to inspire me.. unfortunately this collection does not make me want to be a sinner
th_LMAO.gif
lol.gif
yahoo.gif

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
hmm.gif
noworry.gif
noworry.gif
Makeup like sex, has to inspire me.. unfortunately this collection does not make me want to be a sinner
th_LMAO.gif
lol.gif
yahoo.gif

Yeah, it's not making sexytime for me either.

'Fine by me, since I am going to gorge on In the Groove.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
Yeah, it's not making sexytime for me either.

'Fine by me, since I am going to gorge on In the Groove.

opposite for me. I am more excited about A+O than ITG. They're my kind of colors though and I don't really like mineralize stuff too much.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
That is the advantage of living on your own
winks.gif

Consider the disadvantage of living with an enabler...

Me "I'm not sure I should get this, I have a a lot of lipsticks that are dark red/ purple..."

Him "So what? It looks great."

Finally saw the swatches and I tend to agree with Lilybat that the pigment swatches were hastily done. There is definitely a purple sheen to "Later" and therefore I'm still going to get it.

I. Want. Candy. I still want, because it's bloody neon yellow and because it's named after a song I remember fondly from my youth...

I may actually expand my nail polish purchase after seeing So Rich, So Pretty.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayannaBanana
Nobody's impressed with Later pigment? I was going to get it but if it's as dull as everyone has been saying maybe I'll skip it.

I will pass
smiles.gif
MES Young Punk is enough for me.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I will pass
smiles.gif
MES Young Punk is enough for me.

I, stupidly, got rid of my Young Punk. I hope Later is even half as good!

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
Well, I love pigments so it's sexytime for me!!
th_DANCE.gif

woohoo sexytime!!
graucho.gif
graucho.gif

PlatinumV

Hmmmm I really would like to see some comparison.
The white pigment with MUFE star powder 941 (white)
The black one with MUFE star powder 950 (black)
The teal one with MAC Teal pigment
and I hope in more heavily done swatches... From that images, each pigment seems so... dull!

Instead, the black polish seems interesting!
winks.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I, stupidly, got rid of my Young Punk. I hope Later is even half as good!

i bet that if you apply later wet/foiled on the lid it would look like young punk. or if it's not sparkly enough just add some of the mac reflects very pink glitter - which i'm sure is what is in young punk.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumV
Hmmmm I really would like to see some comparison.
The white pigment with MUFE star powder 941 (white)
The black one with MUFE star powder 950 (black)
The teal one with MAC Teal pigment
and I hope in more heavily done swatches... From that images, each pigment seems so... dull!

Instead, the black polish seems interesting!
winks.gif

yes.gif

Sort of off topic, but I just transferred my old pigments into the new jars. I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised. I think they look a lot sleeker and my entire bottle fit into the smaller one fine- some even had room to spare. They look so awesome in the jars, I can't wait to use them now tomorrow! My one concern is the mouth being smaller- I could see how getting product out may be slightly challenging when I get toward the bottom. But, I actually really like the new lids and how they lock- mine used to spill like crazy. New jar praise over.
th_DANCE.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i bet that if you apply later wet/foiled on the lid it would look like young punk. or if it's not sparkly enough just add some of the mac reflects very pink glitter - which i'm sure is what is in young punk.

good tip- what are your favorite glitters? i have been trying to decide which ones to get....
th_dunno.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumV
But... if I remember correctly, glitter were not eye-safe... (confused)

I don't have any, so don't quote me, but yes- glitters are not marked as eye safe. But, my eyes are not sensitive in the least, and it would probably only be in the crease anyway- keeping it away from my open eye.