MAC - Alice + Olivia Discussion

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
yay for swatches! i am just having later and partylicious
smiles.gif

Way to use restraint! I don't have anything like the white pigment, and I love it so I have to get that one, too.
th_wink3.gif

PlatinumV

Why, why, why also the swatch link is blocked??? I HATE the new internet provider! With all my being!!!
However, Later pigment reminds me of MUFE Star Powder in black. A lot. Can someone do a comparison?

*JJ*

yay!! swatches!!
complaining works
tong.gif

i'll just get later pigment, i'm unimpressed by the rest.

InspiredBlue

I'm happy we finally got some swatches.
smiles.gif
Personally I will however not be getting anything. If it were available here, then maybe I'd be tempted by the lip products, but nothing looks special enough to me to require a transatlantic CP.
smiles.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
Way to use restraint! I don't have anything like the white pigment, and I love it so I have to get that one, too.
th_wink3.gif

hee hee! the white does look nice, but again because i already have pink opal i don't feel like i need it
smiles.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
hee hee! the white does look nice, but again because i already have pink opal i don't feel like i need it
smiles.gif

I could see why- they do look pretty similar from Pink Opal swatches I have seen. Plus, I'm sure you'd rather get another Disney item than a pigment you already have a close dupe of.
tong.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
I could see why- they do look pretty similar from Pink Opal swatches I have seen. Plus, I'm sure you'd rather get another Disney item than a pigment you already have a close dupe of.
tong.gif

you got it in one! you know me so well!
tong.gif

PinkBasset

Swatches!!!
th_DANCE.gif

I expected the pink in the white to be more obvious. Of course it could be so in person. I really want to see it next to Pink Opal to make up my mind. If it's a dupe to PO I don't need it. The turquoise pigment looked better in the newest swatch.

Also I don't know about Later, it seems sheer and the purple doesn't show up too well. Again, this might not be the case in person. Oh decisions...

The black polish looks so yummy, but I'm afraid the matte formula would chip on me after few hours of wear. I'm too lazy for that much trouble.
tong.gif

Damn, I don't know what I want, horrible feeling!
shockt.gif

DollyGirl92

I'll have to check later out in person but right now it's looking like a skip for me, and if I feel like I missed out later on, it's coming out in December.

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBasset
Swatches!!!
th_DANCE.gif

I expected the pink in the white to be more obvious. Of course it could be so in person. I really want to see it next to Pink Opal to make up my mind. If it's a dupe to PO I don't need it. The turquoise pigment looked better in the newest swatch.

Also I don't know about Later, it seems sheer and the purple doesn't show up too well. Again, this might not be the case in person. Oh decisions...

The black polish looks so yummy, but I'm afraid the matte formula would chip on me after few hours of wear. I'm too lazy for that much trouble.
tong.gif

Damn, I don't know what I want, horrible feeling!
shockt.gif

I feel the same way. Later looks so flat, Partylicious reminds me of Submarine and Freshwater and If it Sparkles just looks white
th_dunno.gif

Shadowy Lady

Ok, I'm disappointed by the products after seeing the swatches. I was gonna get all three pigments and all three nail polishes but I don't think I want them anymore.

New list:
- Sparklicious d/g
- So Rich so Pretty n/p

Money saved for fall collections!

Rinstar

Good news: I can pass on all of the pigments. The purple in Later is not as visible as I thought, so I'm good there.
The bad news: I now want all three d/g, instead of just one. AHhhh!!!

monter

Looks like Later is not Young Punk in pigment form, so I'm skipping that. I don't see myself ever wearing Partylicious, so skipping that too. I'm still interested in If It Sparkles - looks like it might be nice as a wash?
shrugs.gif

I think I'll be skipping Sparkalicious, but defeinitely getting If It's Pink and I.Want.Candy OMG. Haha, that one looks so unique and fun.

I think Military is a must for me. I might get Morning.After. and So Rich, So Pretty... will have to see more swatches I think. So Rich, So Pretty doesn't look like it'd look good on my coloring from that one nail swatch.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Ugh. I can't open the site with the swatches thanks to the stupid firewall at work and the anticipation is killing me.

RayannaBanana

Nobody's impressed with Later pigment? I was going to get it but if it's as dull as everyone has been saying maybe I'll skip it.

lilibat

To me it looks like she just stuck her finger in the pigments and dragged them over. I am thinking that if applied properly they won't be that sheer. Mostly because none of the pigments I own look that bad applied. I would be very surprised if MAC made pigments to be like that.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
you got it in one! you know me so well!
tong.gif

I just know that's what I would do!
girlhaha.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibat
To me it looks like she just stuck her finger in the pigments and dragged them over. I am thinking that if applied properly they won't be that sheer. Mostly because none of the pigments I own look that bad applied. I would be very surprised if MAC made pigments to be like that.

Yes- I am hoping so, too. I think a little mixing medium would brighten it right up. At least, I hope so. I am still going to give Later a chance- I can't not get a purple or black.
graucho.gif

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibat

iagree.gif
yes.gif

I'd love to see Karla swatches of this!!