MAC - Alice + Olivia Discussion

Junkie

Argh! The PRO store here launches this collection tomorrow and I'm completely TORN - even after seeing the products in that link ^^ !!!!

I'll really need to swatch beforehand. I.Want.Candy looks amazing tho
shockt.gif

And is it just me, or do the pigments look less appealing after seeing those swatches?

I'll really need to swatch those especially - wet too.

I really want samples of all 3 pigments...in the wishlist they go! Any takers?
graucho.gif

Haha!

Junkie

I'm thinking I may need to bring Top Knot and Young Punk with me when I go to the launch tomorrow...just for the comparison.

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie
Argh! The PRO store here launches this collection tomorrow and I'm completely TORN - even after seeing the products in that link ^^ !!!!

I'll really need to swatch beforehand. I.Want.Candy looks amazing tho
shockt.gif

And is it just me, or do the pigments look less appealing after seeing those swatches?

I'll really need to swatch those especially - wet too.

I really want samples of all 3 pigments...in the wishlist they go! Any takers?
graucho.gif

Haha!

Hey Tiff, besides comparing Young Punk MES to the black pigment, can you also please compare the turquoise one to Teal pigment and the white one to Pink Opal pigment?
greengrin.gif

Thanks you sooooo much! I'm annoyed with don't have a pro store here in Ottawa
thmbdn.gif

Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
Hey Tiff, besides comparing Young Punk MES to the black pigment, can you also please compare the turquoise one to Teal pigment and the white one to Pink Opal pigment?
greengrin.gif

Thanks you sooooo much! I'm annoyed with don't have a pro store here in Ottawa
thmbdn.gif

For sure - think they'll get mad if I take my camera? Or should I be super stealth and take the photos outside? lol

I'll try both....its not like they can MAKE ME wash my arm before I leave hahahaha
tong.gif

bis

Quote:
For sure - think they'll get mad if I take my camera? Or should I be super stealth and take the photos outside? lol

I'll try both....its not like they can MAKE ME wash my arm before I leave hahahaha
tong.gif

Plus you could always tell them you want to see the colours in daylight
sneaky.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
good tip- what are your favorite glitters? i have been trying to decide which ones to get....
th_dunno.gif

reflects glitters are my fave! inparticular reflects gold, reflects transparent teal and reflects red! they are very subtle and only 'glow' when the light hits! and 3d silver glitter is awesome in an over the top way!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumV
But... if I remember correctly, glitter were not eye-safe... (confused)

they are not eye safe. generally i use the mac gel mixing medium to make them into gel liners (more cost effective than buying the pre-made mac glitter liners!) and also the gel mixing medium helps them stick to your lids if you use a very small amount.

NeverEnoughMac

Ahh!!! So insanely excited for Later pigment. We have yet to see pics of it foiled, but I know how crappy my Blue Flame MES looks dry and how amazing it looks foiled. So I'm confident it will be great. I don't have Young Punk or a way to swatch before I buy, but I'm just gonna go for it.
smiles.gif

Junkie

I'll post photos in the A+O swatch thread tomorrow around 12pm EST
smiles.gif

Anyone else want a comparison while I'm at Pro?

PlatinumV

Quote:
Hmmmm I really would like to see some comparison.
The white pigment with MUFE star powder 941 (white)
The black one with MUFE star powder 950 (black)
The teal one with MAC Teal pigment
and I hope in more heavily done swatches... From that images, each pigment seems so... dull!

Instead, the black polish seems interesting!
winks.gif

that was my post a bit above. Please, could you post a comparison swatch with that products? Moreover... I really would like to see Military! ^^
Thanks
choochoo.gif

LMD84

Quote:
I'll post photos in the A+O swatch thread tomorrow around 12pm EST
smiles.gif

Anyone else want a comparison while I'm at Pro?

i have nothing to request but thanks very much for thinking of us!
smiles.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
I'm not cutting my list here!!
nonono.gif
I want the piggies from this one!! But I'm praying to dislike lots of things at In the Groove.
greengrin.gif

ugh! ITG is utter crap, so here's hoping you can cut alot from your list!!!

Quote:
good tip- what are your favorite glitters? i have been trying to decide which ones to get....
th_dunno.gif

every single one!!!

Quote:
But... if I remember correctly, glitter were not eye-safe... (confused)

they're not.
nope.gif
but what you do is completely different! i work for mac, and even i wear em on my eyes!
th_DANCE.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
they are not eye safe. generally i use the mac gel mixing medium to make them into gel liners (more cost effective than buying the pre-made mac glitter liners!) and also the gel mixing medium helps them stick to your lids if you use a very small amount.

but the gel mixing medium isn't eye safe either!
tong.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibat
Hrm. I wonder when this will be on the US site.

as with all collections, it will launch online two days before counter/store launch, july 6th.

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
ugh! ITG is utter crap, so here's hoping you can cut alot from your list!!!

every single one!!!

they're not.
nope.gif
but what you do is completely different! i work for mac, and even i wear em on my eyes!
th_DANCE.gif

but the gel mixing medium isn't eye safe either!
tong.gif

as with all collections, it will launch online two days before counter/store launch, july 6th.

Is there anything you do like from ITG?

I will keep that in mind when I buy glitter! And yes, I don't really care if things are marked as eye safe or not, I use em anyway.
th_wink3.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTasFCUK
Am i missing something? Were any swatches posted? I think i'm really going to like this collection!

Yes- there were swatches on Musing of a Muse and a few other blogs... Don't remember what they were called.

erine1881

Quote:
Is there anything you do like from ITG?

I will keep that in mind when I buy glitter! And yes, I don't really care if things are marked as eye safe or not, I use em anyway.
th_wink3.gif

i like togetherness, CCC, and blue my mind MES, petticoat, stereo rose and by candlelight MSFs.

yep, that's it.

i'm the same way with eye/lip safe stuff. i could care less. and if something happens, i know its my own for faulting for wearing it where i shouldn't!

lilibat

Quote:
i like togetherness, CCC, and blue my mind MES, petticoat, stereo rose and by candlelight MSFs.

yep, that's it.

i'm the same way with eye/lip safe stuff. i could care less. and if something happens, i know its my own for faulting for wearing it where i shouldn't!

I figure if I don't have an adverse reaction, then it's safe enough for me. ;-)

laylalovesmac

Quote:

yep, that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilibat
I figure if I don't have an adverse reaction, then it's safe enough for me. ;-)

My thoughts exactly.

I still really want Go For It. I can't wait to try it!