MAC All About Orange Collection (June 2013)

MissTT

I'm wearing a n orange top. Can I wear a lippie from this collection as well or is that too much?

MissTT

Cool. I went with Sushi Kiss and was wearing a darker, brighter top. SK seemed too pale with the rest of my makeup so I added Rock & Republic gloss in Hot Sauce to darken it. I was stuck in the mirror for 3 mins thinking so thanks.

liba

I love this collection!!! The only collection that I've almost bought everything of so far.
Me too - I seriously can't pick a favorite at all. I wore Sushi Kiss the other day and was getting tons of compliments from pin-up style girls with the betty page hairdos and the matte red lips, which was surprising. I love Sweet & Sour too and wear Tangerine Dream all the time. Flamingo and Razzledazzler are the ones that seem like the most "everyday" colors and yet I'm wearing them the least. When the days get cooler and the light isn't as bright, those will get more action. I think I'm in the mood to wear a lot of unexpected pastel lipsticks this fall, for shock value!

IHughes

I got Flamingo and Razzledazzler from this collection. Flamingo I love but Razzledazzler I was a bit disappointed with, because of the Lustre finish. It enhanced all my little skins and lines on the lips. But for some strange reason the past few times I've worn Razzledazzler it has looked great on me, very wearable and flattering and summery. I don't understand! I thought I didn't like it haha!
I think it must the Lustre finish...??

erine1881

I got Flamingo and Razzledazzler from this collection. Flamingo I love but Razzledazzler I was a bit disappointed with, because of the Lustre finish. It enhanced all my little skins and lines on the lips. But for some strange reason the past few times I've worn Razzledazzler it has looked great on me, very wearable and flattering and summery. I don't understand! I thought I didn't like it haha! I think it must the Lustre finish...??
Flamingo is a lustre too :hmm:

IHughes

Yes, but it's one of the better lustres. I've heard many people say that and I actually agree! Although it's a lustre it doesn't seem to set so much on lines and skins. Buuuuut....Razzledazzler seems better now...or my lips are!! hahaha

liba

I got Flamingo and Razzledazzler from this collection. Flamingo I love but Razzledazzler I was a bit disappointed with, because of the Lustre finish. It enhanced all my little skins and lines on the lips. But for some strange reason the past few times I've worn Razzledazzler it has looked great on me, very wearable and flattering and summery. I don't understand! I thought I didn't like it haha!
I think it must the Lustre finish...??
When Razzledazzler came out last year, I didn't like it at all and didn't buy it. 'Wasn't planning on getting it this time around, but this year it wound up looking really good on me. I suppose tastes change and so does skin coloring too.
shrugs.gif

Corally

I'm kinda disappointed in Honey Jasmine.. I was hoping for a Warmth of Coral dupe but it really isn't. :meh: It is a lovely blush though. :)

martiangurll

When Razzledazzler came out last year, I didn't like it at all and didn't buy it. 'Wasn't planning on getting it this time around, but this year it wound up looking really good on me. I suppose tastes change and so does skin coloring too. :shrugs:
I think this is it. Tanning makes a difference too esp. for us pale princesses. BTW, Sheer Seduction looks delickable layered lightly over Flamingo. Brought out the peachiness more and added some dazzle. Try it!

matchachoco

I got Flamingo and Razzledazzler from this collection. Flamingo I love but Razzledazzler I was a bit disappointed with, because of the Lustre finish. It enhanced all my little skins and lines on the lips. But for some strange reason the past few times I've worn Razzledazzler it has looked great on me, very wearable and flattering and summery. I don't understand! I thought I didn't like it haha! I think it must the Lustre finish...??
Lustres are less forgiving than other finishes in my experience, too. But I was the opposite! Thought I'd love Flamingo but it's weird with my coloring. Got Razzledazzler just for the heck of it and ended up loving it! Just goes to show that there's no substitute for trying things ourselves.

MissTT

Tart & Trendy is now kinda meh for me, too. I'm wearing it today, but it just wasn't right. I topped it with darker orange gloss and it looks better. Flamingo has been the surprise winner for me.

martiangurll

Tart & Trendy is now kinda meh for me, too. I'm wearing it today, but it just wasn't right. I topped it with darker orange gloss and it looks better. Flamingo has been the surprise winner for me.
I agree. I did not get the hype until I tried it on. I thought it was eminently dupeable bit I don't have anything quite like it. I had to back it up although I usually don't do that. It is only if I love a color and am afraid I will lose the tube. I have never actually finishef any lipstick but I van see making a serious dent in Flamingo

Innatchka

I havent read much about the Rainy Seasons quad. I caved in and got it, but I am very very dissappointed! Guess thats why it hasnt been very popular and much talked about. 3 of the 4 colours are not showing up on me! I have to pack them on..but then it has a chalky effect on my lid. Typographic is much darker than I expected. To me it has very little difference with carbon. I wish I havent wasted money on it.

Copperhead

I havent read much about the Rainy Seasons quad. I caved in and got it, but I am very very dissappointed! Guess thats why it hasnt been very popular and much talked about. 3 of the 4 colours are not showing up on me! I have to pack them on..but then it has a chalky effect on my lid. Typographic is much darker than I expected. To me it has very little difference with carbon. I wish I havent wasted money on it.
Can you return it?

butterflyeyes

Hmmm...I don't get the same results. I actually like the quad. I just didn't review it because I fell behind on my blog with all the product overload lol. Depending on where you purchased it from you might be able to return it. Or put it in the clearance bin on here so you can recoup at least some of your money.

Mac4Megan

I like rainy season too. All the colours show up nicely on my skin but i like to use the lighter shades with a light hand or they do get a bit chalky or stark, and i didn't have typographic before but i love it. I think it will work better in fall and winter when my skin isn't tan [
Hmmm...I don't get the same results. I actually like the quad. I just didn't review it because I fell behind on my blog with all the product overload lol. Depending on where you purchased it from you might be able to return it. Or put it in the clearance bin on here so you can recoup at least some of your money.