MAC All About Orange Collection (June 2013)

internetchick

eyelove.gif
Your just flat out beautiful!! I love your hair too
eyelove.gif
Thank you!

SydVicious

it didn't look so great on me either and I have the same skin tone as you.
ssad.gif
actually a lot of the lipsticks I bought from this collection looked "alright" on my lips but I haven't reached for any of them after I swatched them. So they kinda just sit there.... :/
That's kind of how I have been feeling too... with the exception of flamingo and razzle dazzle, I have pretty much just pushed these lippies aside. I did bust them out and I ended up mixing sushi kiss with a touch of ablaze and I thought it came out pretty cute. I just can't wear most of these by themselves. I'm about an NW13 with dark hair.

liba

~whispering~ Get the quad... Get the quad...

Finally wore Tangerine Dream... I like it in the tube, and on my arm, but can't quite pull together a look with it.
How are you all wearing it?
It's been a while since you posted this, but for me Tangerine Dream is a color that doesn't work in daylight, but at night it shifts and becomes a really nice yellowish nude, kind of in the similar idea as Sheer Mandarin Sheen Supreme (which I love and is actually one of my most used lipsticks of my whole collection). Just need to get it under incandescent light from plain old lightbulbs.

Another thing I find with Tangerine Dream…I really prefer it when I am wearing retro, 70's style dresses and hair - not hippie or punk 70's but that late 70's/early 80's librarian type silky floral dress. It seems to suit that sort of look really well, but doesn't look as good wearing jeans or some start black outfit, etc.

Hope you had a chance to get some use out of it….I actually am thinking I may pull it out again for some late Fall action, since it's going to look great with the blushes and MES from Divine Nights

Prettypackages

It's been a while since you posted this, but for me Tangerine Dream is a color that doesn't work in daylight, but at night it shifts and becomes a really nice yellowish nude, kind of in the similar idea as Sheer Mandarin Sheen Supreme (which I love and is actually one of my most used lipsticks of my whole collection). Just need to get it under incandescent light from plain old lightbulbs.

Another thing I find with Tangerine Dream…I really prefer it when I am wearing retro, 70's style dresses and hair - not hippie or punk 70's but that late 70's/early 80's librarian type silky floral dress. It seems to suit that sort of look really well, but doesn't look as good wearing jeans or some start black outfit, etc.

Hope you had a chance to get some use out of it….I actually am thinking I may pull it out again for some late Fall action, since it's going to look great with the blushes and MES from Divine Nights
Thanks Liba!

What type of Eye Looks will you do with it?

Socallmelovely

LOVE LOVE LOVE ORANGE! I bought Tangerine Dream and Tart & Trendy, though I love Tangerine Dream more! It really stands out on my skin tone! I also have Morange. Next, I need to get Neon Orange!

liba

Thanks Liba!

What type of Eye Looks will you do with it?
Coppery/rusty/metallic olive colors or just stark black liner - it definitely benefits from good eye makeup, unlike some lipsticks you can wear with an otherwise bare face. I've got to be careful about the blush I use with it, though and usually just opt out on the blush and use a little contouring and/or highlighting or something barely there.

Prettypackages

Coppery/rusty/metallic olive colors or just stark black liner - it definitely benefits from good eye makeup, unlike some lipsticks you can wear with an otherwise bare face. I've got to be careful about the blush I use with it, though and usually just opt out on the blush and use a little contouring and/or highlighting or something barely there.
thanks! I'm going to try that. I wonder how highlighting with diamonds and contouring will look. In my head it sounds pretty.
Do you think it would like nice with the fall duo from last year (the one with the orange and red???) Was it on the hunt?

LouGarner

It's been a while since you posted this, but for me Tangerine Dream is a color that doesn't work in daylight, but at night it shifts and becomes a really nice yellowish nude, kind of in the similar idea as Sheer Mandarin Sheen Supreme (which I love and is actually one of my most used lipsticks of my whole collection). Just need to get it under incandescent light from plain old lightbulbs. Another thing I find with Tangerine Dream…I really prefer it when I am wearing retro, 70's style dresses and hair - not hippie or punk 70's but that late 70's/early 80's librarian type silky floral dress. It seems to suit that sort of look really well, but doesn't look as good wearing jeans or some start black outfit, etc. Hope you had a chance to get some use out of it….I actually am thinking I may pull it out again for some late Fall action, since it's going to look great with the blushes and MES from Divine Nights
i love sheer mandarin as well. It's been my go to lipsick for the last couple of months. I use it with chestnut lipliner and it is so beautiful

liba

thanks! I'm going to try that. I wonder how highlighting with diamonds and contouring will look. In my head it sounds pretty.
Do you think it would like nice with the fall duo from last year (the one with the orange and red???) Was it on the hunt?
Try the contour - I think it'd be great. On The Hunt was the one with the reddish terra cotta plus Star Myth and Marche Aux Puces is the orange and brown. I think they would both work really well with Tangerine Dream. I'm into Venetian Tarnish or Vintage Coin Metal X with it too.

Originally Posted by LouGarner

i love sheer mandarin as well. It's been my go to lipsick for the last couple of months. I use it with chestnut lipliner and it is so beautiful
It seems so weird and unwearable in the tube but you put it on and let it merge with your lips and it becomes perfectly unique and still natural. I'm glad it's perm!

MRV

^ I was just thinking of putting Venetian Tarnish
heart.gif
on, maybe tomorrow. I'm going to wear it with lighter purples though (lips and possibly also cheeks).