MAC and Iris Aphel Discussion

LMD84

I was talking to a couple of my favourite MUAs today and both of them were raving about the lipsticks from this collection.
excellent! :) we shall all have to buy our lippies first then because it looks like they will be selling out first!

liba

He did pat it into the lips with a brush, though, using a technique that'd certainly mute the color down a bit. Then he stuck pigment on top too.

I bet it's one of those colors that'll look brighter or more muted depending on your skin tone too, like Hibiscus, that looks pretty quiet on me, but super bright on warmer, deeper skin than mine. Candy Yum Yum looks glaring neon on me, but much more toned down on tanner folks.

Have you tried Full Speed Supreme Sheen? That's a pink toned red that looks crazy bright on my NC15 complexion - so bright I can't even wear it without looking like a clown when I'm at my palest. I wore it a ton this year, though, but after I'd gotten a little sun.

martiangurll

Usually the colors that sell out quick are more everyday, everywoman neutrals like plain pinks, neutral reds, etc. I think CYY was an exception. At least that is what kind of goes down at the burbs where I check out the local Macy's MAC counter

xasperadastra

Actually I like Flamingo, but I must buy at last one matte lipstick since I love matte finish!!!! aaand from pictures I like Robins egg, early bird and silver gull!

ladyarwen

I'm on the fence about Flamingo lipstick since it's a lustre formula. The only three lustre lipsticks I have are Blood Red from DSquared, Gem of Roses from SP, and Oh, Oh, Oh from MMO. Blood Red is very opaque and not drying for me, while Oh, Oh, Oh and Gem of Roses are more on the sheer side and are definitely drying. I definitely have to see swatches. (I'm kinda hoping it IS sheer since I plan on getting a lot already.)

Piarpreet

But even though it was patted with neon its damn neon! it shouldnt have muted it down... just maybe the lighting or something I dont know.

Actually I like Flamingo, but I must buy at last one matte lipstick since I love matte finish!!!! aaand from pictures I like Robins egg, early bird and silver gull!

Prettypackages

I still needed to tone done my candy yum yum...

I like the scarlet ibis and combo Romero used. I can't wait to try it.
He did pat it into the lips with a brush, though, using a technique that'd certainly mute the color down a bit. Then he stuck pigment on top too.

I bet it's one of those colors that'll look brighter or more muted depending on your skin tone too, like Hibiscus, that looks pretty quiet on me, but super bright on warmer, deeper skin than mine. Candy Yum Yum looks glaring neon on me, but much more toned down on tanner folks.

Have you tried Full Speed Supreme Sheen? That's a pink toned red that looks crazy bright on my NC15 complexion - so bright I can't even wear it without looking like a clown when I'm at my palest. I wore it a ton this year, though, but after I'd gotten a little sun.

baghdad81

ok...this is the collection of the season...i am gonna need some eyeshadow (read all) and the pink lipsticks (i already have morange)....I just reserved Pink Pigeon today because I recently sold my CYY and felt seller's remorse....It didn't work for me at all (made my teeth look yellower, had to tone it down ALOT or just pat it on as a stain...it's been sitting in the drawer untouched for 7 months...anyway...
back2topic.gif
)...can anyone who has seen Pink Pigeon convince me it's as good as CYY and I don't have to hunt for it like a mad woman when I had mine perfectly there and decided to sell itT??????

Piarpreet

I really really really think they are not going to be very similar. I have the feeling is going to be a girl about town but a tad brighter...MAC hasnt had such a lippie lately if you think about it. On the other hand, repromoting CYY or having something almost a dupe, within the same year period...then... the more I think it will be different.

ok...this is the collection of the season...i am gonna need some eyeshadow (read all) and the pink lipsticks (i already have morange)....I just reserved Pink Pigeon today because I recently sold my CYY and felt seller's remorse....It didn't work for me at all (made my teeth look yellower, had to tone it down ALOT or just pat it on as a stain...it's been sitting in the drawer untouched for 7 months...anyway...
back2topic.gif
)...can anyone who has seen Pink Pigeon convince me it's as good as CYY and I don't have to hunt for it like a mad woman when I had mine perfectly there and decided to sell itT??????

peachsuns

I'm on the fence about Flamingo lipstick since it's a lustre formula. The only three lustre lipsticks I have are Blood Red from DSquared, Gem of Roses from SP, and Oh, Oh, Oh from MMO. Blood Red is very opaque and not drying for me, while Oh, Oh, Oh and Gem of Roses are more on the sheer side and are definitely drying. I definitely have to see swatches. (I'm kinda hoping it IS sheer since I plan on getting a lot already.)

I know what you mean. Lustre is a nice formula (smooth and glossy), but it's on the sheer side and doesn't last very long. I have Flamingo (L), Pink Pigeon (M), Scarlet Ibis (M), and Party Parrot (M) on my wish list. Mehr and Candy Yum Yum are the only Matte formula l/s I have. They're gorgeous, but they look a little dry on the lips? Hope I'll like the l/s formulas from this collection.
tong.gif

Piarpreet

Lately I'm loving lustre formulated lippies but if Pink Pigeon is bright enough maybe it will join flamingo in my shopping cart :p

xasperadastra

uhm Scarlet Ibis is too red for me (I don't need another red since I barely use the ones I have ), if Pink pigeon looks like CYY won't be on my list (I already have cyy)... It should be really really different to come home with me !! Flamingo and Party Parrot for me, thanks, and a slice of lemon XD

Do you think Party Parrot could be like Impassioned?