MAC and Iris Aphel Discussion

Rezel

Quote:
I was just playing with Temptalia's swatch gallery too and it looks like Flamingo and Cut a Caper from Tartan Tale aren't too far off each other either. Cute A Caper is slightly more peach.

I have trouble working Cut A Caper (I have it) so I think I'll pass on Flamingo.
This is the exact same reason why I'm skipping Flamingo. Cut a caper is a streaky mess on me like all the other Lustre finishes. I've learned my lesson, I don't buy Lustre l/s anymore no matter how pretty the colors are.

singer82

I feel same way although I have no idea how I will react when I see them in person. :haha:   I love bright lips. :eyelove: Any suggestions if I should get Fusion Pink or Party Parrot.? TIA! :heart:
I compared the two in T's swatch gallery and pp is more of a solid color and fp has a pinky sheen to it. To me theres a difference on the way it looks on lips. Like katred said it depends on what finish you like. The more I look at both the more I dont know. I like both, But dont think Ill wear this kind of color to get both lippies.

singer82

I didnt realize Fusion Pink was going away! Oh crap now I really dont know if I want Party Parrot or Fusion Pink. Arggg

princess sarah

I was wondering the same and couldnt find a swatch comparison online because I own both... that was why I ended up not hauling party parrot after T said they were close and grabbed scarlet ibis but still grabbed pink pigeon

I wonder how much Pink Pigeon looks like Anime or Pretty Boy OCC lip tars as I own both. Not that it would stop me from buying but I'm wondering.

LMD84

i got early bird too so that's two shadows! and don't worry - i'll be filming as soon as i get the shadows! :)

User67

I'm literally counting down until Thursday. Pink Pigeon, Scarlet Ibis & Party Parrot shall be mine! I called MAC Pro yesterday to see if they launched the collection early like they usually do & they told me they launched it a week ago & were already sold out of all the lipsticks. How stupid of me! I should have known to call them last week & then I would already have these babies ugh!

lmcmullen

Quote:

This is the exact same reason why I'm skipping Flamingo. Cut a caper is a streaky mess on me like all the other Lustre finishes. I've learned my lesson, I don't buy Lustre l/s anymore no matter how pretty the colors are.
For me it's the color rather than the finish. Any lipstick with even a tinge of coral in it turns my face yellow and makes me look sick for some reason. I can only wear Cut a Caper if I use something else under it or top it with a pinker gloss. Needless to say it doesn't get much use, too much work!

OctoberViolet

Same here GlamQueen21. Why isn't it up yet?????
WTF2.gif

I hope they have it up tomorrow. I need all four LE lippies!!!!
blush-anim-cl.gif

Quote:
Still stalking the site and the lipsticks are not up yet.

shontay07108

I called the Pro store about an hour ago and they have the collection. I was about to go, I stepped outside and stepped right back in. That wind is rocking outside. Plus, I feel lazy from celebrating the new year. Guess I'll sit and wait for it to hit online.

singer82

I called the Pro store about an hour ago and they have the collection. I was about to go, I stepped outside and stepped right back in. That wind is rocking outside. Plus, I feel lazy from celebrating the new year. Guess I'll sit and wait for it to hit online.
What do you plan on getting Shontay?

shontay07108

What do you plan on getting Shontay?
I'm still working that out. I want to try one of the matte lipsticks and I find Scarlet Ibis the most appealing. I think I want the orange nail polish and I'm pretty sure Early Bird will be making it's way to my home. Everything else is up in the air.

UrbanSweetheart

I'm still working that out. I want to try one of the matte lipsticks and I find Scarlet Ibis the most appealing. I think I want the orange nail polish and I'm pretty sure Early Bird will be making it's way to my home. Everything else is up in the air.

that's a good wish list my friend! Early Bird is sooo pretty

ladyarwen

I'm actually kind of grateful for the delay of the launch on the site. I'm currently having a bit of a tiff with my workplace, and if things aren't resolved, I may very well be resigning. No job = no more makeup. Let's hope it doesn't come to that though.