MAC and Iris Aphel Discussion

keyflyhair

I picked up my P.P. yesterdday (Friday... I had my fave MUA place one on hold for me Wednesday when I went in person). I whipped it out hours later with "Embrace Me" l/p from the Daphene collection. I love it!!!!

VampOwl

ha ha! cute! :)

i wore my items yesterday and i must say that the orange shadow worked really well on me. some had been saying that pigmentation was bad however when you apply it with a stiff brush it's fine :) i also find that applying it over coral crepe paint pot works nicely too!
blush-anim-cl.gif

Face2Mac

You know, yesterday the store manager was chatting with me about Lady Danger (since I had Scarlet Ibis on and he loved how it was bringing out my eyes) - that in the past 11 years since it first came out, he probably only sold 10 tubes of it (this is at the highest sales volume store in town), but suddenly it's been flying off the shelves, all because Kourtney Kardashian's worn it on her show a couple of times in a row.
I only watched that show on Jan. 1 cuz nothing else was on and I was wondering what she had on her lips but not enough to hunt it down but I was curious.

Face2Mac

I picked up my P.P. yesterdday (Friday... I had my fave MUA place one on hold for me Wednesday when I went in person). I whipped it out hours later with "Embrace Me" l/p from the Daphene collection. I love it!!!!
Work it, Girl.
Off to buy Embrace Me l/l. I was holding off on this but u are bringingt it, so it's a must-have now.

Modmom

I had my hubby pick up Flamingo for me on Thurs since I was working, but I got to see the collection this morning. My store still has 9 Flamingos left!! (well, they did at 10am lol). I'm so tempted to grab a back up

peachsuns

I had my hubby pick up Flamingo for me on Thurs since I was working, but I got to see the collection this morning. My store still has 9 Flamingos left!! (well, they did at 10am lol). I'm so tempted to grab a back up

Your hubby is so sweet!

So, did you get a backup?
amuse.gif

NessaMBaby

Aww..that's so sweet of your hubby. I think the sweetest thing my guy has ever done was last yr when I was pg and on strict bed rest and couldn't leave the house I was sooo sad because I wanted stuff from the quite cute collection and I was even teary eyed laying down,(lol,it was the hormones,plus I was really sad because I couldn't leave to see my fam or anyone ) I had stuff on hold and he decided to go get everything I wanted and surprise me. Lol,I was so happy, I think even my baby was jumping for joy in my belly,lol.j.k xoxo

Haven

I was able to B2M for four of the shadows from this collection, so I will be trying them out tomorrow. I was not really excited when I swatched them in the store last time I was there, but I had enough empties to B2M for them so why not? I ended up with silver gull, robins egg, diamond dove, and early bird. I was never a fan of howzat, so I passed on that one. Hopefully early bird is better than free to be (I think that was the name of *that* shadow - enough said).

For those having trouble B2M for this collection, this collection (along with other LE collections w/o special packaging) is supposed to be ok for B2M. My local freestanding, however, likes to create its own rules for what qualifies for B2M. I followed another poster's advice and did a live chat about B2M, printed out the chat, and took that with me. My store told me initially that I could not B2M for this collection. Then I showed them the print out. Suddenly this collection was available for B2M. I dread going to that store b/c of all of the bs & attitude that the MUAs have, but I can't B2M for eyeshadows at a department store. So I went there today.

I think that out of all of the ls from this collection Scarlett Ibis is becoming my favorite. I am still a little scared of the other mattes. LOL

PixieDancer

What stiff brush are you using Lou?
ha ha! cute! :)

i wore my items yesterday and i must say that the orange shadow worked really well on me. some had been saying that pigmentation was bad however when you apply it with a stiff brush it's fine :) i also find that applying it over coral crepe paint pot works nicely too!

PixieDancer

Holy Moly! I wish ANY lipstick looked that good on me! Very Lovely Girl!!

LMD84

wow! not only are you stunningly beautiful but that lipstick looks amazing on you!

singer82

keyflyhair you looks absolutely stunning! It looks amazing on you

I wore Flamingo today. Loved the color, but I wish I would have used chapstick first cause it showed my imperfections (I have dry peeling lips, anybody know the best remedy for this? I have a lip scrub but it doesnt really do anything) But I did realize it looks different then ever hip than I thought. Thank goodnes :)

Modmom

keyflyhair you looks absolutely stunning! It looks amazing on you

I wore Flamingo today. Loved the color, but I wish I would have used chapstick first cause it showed my imperfections (I have dry peeling lips, anybody know the best remedy for this? I have a lip scrub but it doesnt really do anything) But I did realize it looks different then ever hip than I thought. Thank goodnes :)

I agree that its quite different from Ever Hip. I have dry, peeling lips too and I just apply Burts Bees balm before any lipstick. For scrubs, I use a damp facecloth to exfoliate my lips first and gently rub.

Latest posts