MAC and Miss Piggy Discussion

LiLBeautyBarbie

So you pick up the color and then spritz water on the brush?

I'm asking as going with a wet brush in an e/s will result that you cannot pick up any more color as you basically "seal" the surface (and destroy the e/s). Thus I am sure that's not what you meant.

In any case, your swatches look great, even if they took some work for you.

Exactly!

Mac-Guy

I don't have an open pot of Let's Skate p/p at the moment, but I am certain that this would be a lovely combination. Did anybody test this combo yet?

Richelle83

So you pick up the color and then spritz water on the brush?

I'm asking as going with a wet brush in an e/s will result that you cannot pick up any more color as you basically "seal" the surface (and destroy the e/s). Thus I am sure that's not what you meant.

In any case, your swatches look great, even if they took some work for you.
Thanks, I try!

I don't do it often, actually I just tried it last night on some Wet N Wild shadows to see how it would work....I blame YT for that lol. Most I've seen wet the brush first then try and pick up the color. So that's how I tried it. I did notice that it really didn't make as much of a difference as I thought it would so I won't do this again.

Ok so I just scraped off a little bit and now it works soooo much better, like better than when I first swatched it with a clean dry brush!

Mac-Guy

Thanks, I try!

I don't do it often, actually I just tried it last night on some Wet N Wild shadows to see how it would work....I blame YT for that lol. Most I've seen wet the brush first then try and pick up the color. So that's how I tried it. I did notice that it really didn't make as much of a difference as I thought it would so I won't do this again.

Ok so I just scraped off a little bit and now it works soooo much better, like better than when I first swatched it with a clean dry brush!

Yes, that's the only way to save the e/s. Going with a wet brush in an e/s is never a good idea. I'm glad this issue is solved now. Have fun with MPP. I think it will look awesome on darker complexions.

GlamQueen21

Just an idea: Do you have Creamy Bisque? I think it would look lovely on darker complexion to do an ombre effect were MPP gradually changes into CB, especially as CB has pink undertones that will complement MPP. While it will be bold, the ombre effect will look very stylish and sophisticated, especially if you pair it with a black e/l (not superthick though). Personally, I would not add another bold color as it might outshine MPP.

In any case, have fun with it.
Sadly I do not own Creamy Bisque e/s! That does sound so amazing!!!

PixieDancer

Reading Mac-Guy's rec on this shadow makes me wish I had Creamy Bisque too! I can't believe we missed out on this one! I may go on a crazy eBay search now. I'm feeling sorry for us! HeeHee

MACcrazy

same here! wish I had grabbed it while it was still available, at the time thought it was getting over rated, but now I know it's now
ohboy.gif

Mac-Guy

Sadly enough, MMO was a bit underrated, but it was a great collection for everyday neutral in high quality.

Though I am sure that some of the products will be repromoted.

PixieDancer

I was JUST saying that on the Naturally Disscussion. MMO was a collection I accumulated a little at a time... And they are such wonderful, staple products! I use Moleskin ALL THE TIME! To warm up my crease, to blend out shadows, to soften a look... But, for some reason, I never ended up with CB and I am very disappointed. I'm sure you're right. These colors are definitely re-promote-able. Just hope they don't reformulate and miss the mark like SB's Saffron and the new Lightscapade.

Sadly enough, MMO was a bit underrated, but it was a great collection for everyday neutral in high quality.

Though I am sure that some of the products will be repromoted.

Mac-Guy

I love Moleskin too. It looks very subtle in the pan but it's such a stunning color to blend taupe shades. Love it!

PixieDancer

Yeah, I will try it with Next To Nothing e/s.

I know! I feel sorry for us too! I'm glad that I'm not going to go on ebay and get it since I cannot do ebay. I'm hoping that it'll pop up on ACW.

I know! I wish I did too!

Yeah! You're right eBay is the devil. I don't know what I was thinking! I checked & someone wants $30 for this eyeshadow! Really?! It is not meant to be.

Piarpreet

I did lime MMO more than expected. got a couple of things and likes them all. :) I like the neutral collexes very once in a while. :)

Richelle83

I was saying I scraped off the part that wasn't touched with a wet brush, not the part that was. Some brands I noticed that you can use a wet brush and not damage the eyeshadow. For instance, urban decay shadows still work without any issue after using a wet brush on them while Miss Piggy didn't.

Hmm would using pink opal pigment as a highlight be too much or something like that-a whiteish pink duo chrome color? Might have to try that and see.

Mac-Guy

I was saying I scraped off the part that wasn't touched with a wet brush, not the part that was. Some brands I noticed that you can use a wet brush and not damage the eyeshadow. For instance, urban decay shadows still work without any issue after using a wet brush on them while Miss Piggy didn't.
Hmm would using pink opal pigment as a highlight be too much or something like that-a whiteish pink duo chrome color? Might have to try that and see.

I think that would be a bit too much (for my taste), but if you have it at home, try it out. It might look awesome.

Prettypackages

I was sitting here thinking I would try creamy bisque with this. LOL
Just an idea: Do you have Creamy Bisque? I think it would look lovely on darker complexion to do an ombre effect were MPP gradually changes into CB, especially as CB has pink undertones that will complement MPP. While it will be bold, the ombre effect will look very stylish and sophisticated, especially if you pair it with a black e/l (not superthick though). Personally, I would not add another bold color as it might outshine MPP.

In any case, have fun with it.

Mac-Guy

Great minds think alike. Due to the pink undertone is CB, it's especially suitable to be paired with MPP. Happy blending.
flower.gif

LMD84

try it and see. i sometimes use pink opal as a highlight but literally just a light dusting where my brow arches - if you do it all over it may look a little much. but you won't know until you try :)