MAC Artificially Wild Collection (Sept 4, 2014)

NaomiH

It is! My husband did it about a week ago, but tried to be nice about it. He prefaced the call out with, "Sweetie, I'm not judging you, but..." and then asked if we need to buy a dresser or something similar for my growing makeup stash. I felt super embarrassed!
girlhaha.gif
I'm in need of doing a little vanity area as well. I was all embarrassed the first time it happened when I first started getting pigments. lol

erine1881

Which is the most woc friendly blush in this collection? Can anybody help me out with that? I'm nc45 for reference
None really my dear. All 3 are pretty light. You might be able to contour with Taupe, but you'd have to use a pretty heavy hand. But honestly you'd have better luck with the contour powders for your skintone.

dcarrington

None really my dear. All 3 are pretty light. You might be able to contour with Taupe, but you'd have to use a pretty heavy hand. But honestly you'd have better luck with the contour powders for your skintone.
Thanks so much for that Erin :) I really appreciate you saving me all the hassle of figuring it out the hard way.

Vandekamp

Thanks Erine for your honesty. It's much appreciated. I have not mastered the art of selecting the best blush for my complexion. I'm NC43-45 for reference. I love the Guerlain bronzers though.

CarmenK

I'm seriously debating picking up Icon. I love VG2 but this looks quite a bit lighter. Just don't want to miss out...
Icon is lighter and more wearable than VGR2 imo. I can just throw icon on but I don't like VGR2 by itself, I have to wear it with the lipliner/lipglass combo. I think you ladies should get it!

lilinah

Well, months and months ago i told myself i wasn't buying any more lip glosses this year. When this collection was released, I saw i already owned Explicit from a while back. Then i tested Obviously Bare and couldn't resist. I was done, i told myself, finished, absolutely no more glosses.

...So i went and ordered Spite and De-Nude last week. My Spite smelled normal. I put it on. Absolutely perfect match to my lips! ...but of course, it makes the color more even and adds a bit of gloss. I am very happy with it, since i've been struggling to find a MLBB color. I haven't tested De-Nude on my lips yet. I had tested it on my arm when the collection released and passed on it because it was too yellow-orange for me, but then i saw some swatches and figured i could use it to tone other lipsticks.

Where's that push-over emoticon when i need it!

VixenwithFixens

I SOOOO wish these lip colors looked flattering on me.. but I just can't pull off these shades without looking like I'm being embalmed! Jealous of those who look so gorgeous in these colors!

Vandekamp

you would be checking me for a pulse in some of these colors lol
Me too. This was one of least fav collections this year.
I love the dead look!
You are amonth the lucky ones that can pull it of..
Quote: Originally Posted by Dolly Snow

me too
iagree.gif
I have yet to hear or see a look that you can't pull off Dolly. I'm curious, do you like All Fired Up, and Flat out Fabulous? They are two of my Mac favs.

Sylvian

I love this collection. Its the most interesting one that Mac have brought out in a long time IMHO
eyelove.gif

I have been lusting after Natural Wilderness for months. But it was the first thing to sell out in the London shops and online. So I brought all the other bits I wanted and thought I'd just have to fudge Soba and something else for a similar look.

Imagine my surprise when yesterday when I walked into the Stratford Westfield Mac branch to pick up Faux and Twig on B2M and there on the Artificially Wild stand where pretty much all the of product still without sold out stickers on them including Natural Wilderness. So of course I grabbed it.
th_DANCE.gif

The sales assistants said its been a very unpopular collection. I was tempted to back up a few things but I was good.

Latest posts