MAC - Baby Blooms Discussion

MzzRach

I do realize this is a moisturizer, Erin, but it does contain pigment - and since I have had issues with MAC foundations in the past I thought it was a fair question.

Thanks to those who responded - I appreciate it!

erine1881

^^^i didn't mean anything by it. It was a fair question. Its just that when people talk about SMT, they use it and the word foundation interchangably, and it can get confusing to some. They are two completely different products with different fnctions, so I was just reminding everyone that.

Sorry.

MzzRach

Understood - no harm done.
winkiss.gif

MUALindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlvrGrndM99
I find as long as I wash my face before bed (as one should) any of my MAC foundations don't break me out or give me little red bumpies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
good thing this isn't a foundation then if foundations break you out.

If you're directing that towards me, I didn't call this a foundation....

I was simply staying MAC foundations don't break me out, and some people (who DO break out from them) were asking, since they are concerned.

It's important that I state that the SMT doesn't break me out, but then again, neither do MAC's foundations.

Babylard

i am acne prone and i just got a sample today. will start using it everyday and ill let you guys know how my skin likes it.

ps. my skin hates liquid foundations. not sure about the tinted moisturizers. my usual foundation are mineral types

erine1881

^^^it wasn't directed at you. If you read a few posts above yours you'd see that it was for mzzrach.

MUALindsay

Quote:
^^^it wasn't directed at you. If you read a few posts above yours you'd see that it was for mzzrach.

Oh, okie dokie. I didn't see that.

Sorry, but thanks!
winks.gif

Babylard

day 1: after my regular moisturizer and primer, i applied the TM in medium (perfect for nc25!) for extra coverage buffed pur minerals in light with #183 flat top on my cheeks and and nose and some green powder concealer to get rid of anymore redness. then some mineral finishing powder.

can i say i lovee how it feels and looks on my skin?? it gives my skin a nice glow but i did have to blot a little bit with those oil papers when i got home. maybe ill reduce the pre-moisturizer for the summer.

perfect for winter! now ill have to pray it wont cause pimples! i want to really love this product.

Marlo Kitty

I got my Tinted Moisturizer yesterday. I tried it out and was fixed on sending it back, it just didn't have enough coverage for my ugly complexion. I changed my mind this morning when I mixed it with Studio Sculpt. Studio Sculpt was too heavy for me and caking up all over my face and I was ready to throw it out. This morning I mixed one part Studio Moisture to one part Studio Sculpt and I am in LOVE. I set it with Natural Skin Finish.

For reference I used my regular NC15 in Sculpt and it was a perfect match to the light.

I hope this helps some of you who aren't liking the Tint.

Marlo

Hemons

Quote:
light is definately reserved for the nc/nw 15 group of people. anyone darker than that, light is gonna be too light.

If I am NW15 in Studio Fix fluid, but NW 20 in Mineralize skinfinish, which color of the studio moisture tint should I go for? Light or Medium? Thanks!
specktra_rocks.gif

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemons
If I am NW15 in Studio Fix fluid, but NW 20 in Mineralize skinfinish, which color of the studio moisture tint should I go for? Light or Medium? Thanks!
specktra_rocks.gif

I would say Light? I am NW20 and Light was a decent match for me. Medium was too deep.

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemons
specktra_rocks.gif

ask for samples in both shades if you can get to a mac store
they are usually quite nice and willing
yes.gif

annikay

I agree with MzzRach, get Light! I'm NW15 in winter, NW20 in summer, and I got Light and it's a good match. This TM also gets a
thmbup.gif
from me for the oily girls! I imagine it wouldn't be very moisturising at all for dry skin - even I use an oil controlling moisturiser under it. It's definitely more of a sheer foundation with SPF in it for me, which is what I wanted anyway.

VIC MAC

OK - so I had decided not to get the Studio tinted moistutizer - but got it anyways, not thinking it would be anything special!

Came home saturday afternoon, take my face off :) and apply this to my face....after a while my boyfriend goes:"are you wearing makeup?" " your skin looks really good....." - so I'm thinking, OK this might doing somthing for me.

This morning I applied Mat texture cream, the tinted moisturizer and finished with a layer of mineralized skinfinish....... 3 people at work has commmented on my makeup..... a girl at the office said I was glowing and she couldn't see what it was, but my skin was looking really good good
lol.gif

My recommendation has to be - TRY IT - it might work wonder for you - I'm loving it, and I'm happy it's going to be permanent.

By the way - Enkoren did a video about an ingredient that was no good for pregnant or trying to become pregnant women - that ingredient is no where to be found in the version I have - so maybe they didn't put it in the european version !

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by annikay
I agree with MzzRach, get Light! I'm NW15 in winter, NW20 in summer, and I got Light and it's a good match. This TM also gets a
thmbup.gif
from me for the oily girls! I imagine it wouldn't be very moisturising at all for dry skin - even I use an oil controlling moisturiser under it. It's definitely more of a sheer foundation with SPF in it for me, which is what I wanted anyway.

i agree too. get light. i just got a sample of light and medium. i can technically wear both as they are sheer but light is more suited for NW. it's got a pink tone to it as the medium would suit NC better. Im nc25 and i'd go with medium for sure. if my skin was any lighter, i'd go with light.

is anyone getting oily from the TM?... i completely omited my moisturizers ecept for my eye cream, primed my skin, applied the TM and then concealed my cheeks a bit and then finishing powder like usual. but my skin seems to produce more oil than it normally would with my regular foundation

VIC MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Kitty
I got my Tinted Moisturizer yesterday. I tried it out and was fixed on sending it back, it just didn't have enough coverage for my ugly complexion. I changed my mind this morning when I mixed it with Studio Sculpt. Studio Sculpt was too heavy for me and caking up all over my face and I was ready to throw it out. This morning I mixed one part Studio Moisture to one part Studio Sculpt and I am in LOVE. I set it with Natural Skin Finish.

For reference I used my regular NC15 in Sculpt and it was a perfect match to the light.

I hope this helps some of you who aren't liking the Tint.

Marlo

This is amazing advice - I tried it after having read this yesterday. These products blends so good, and mixed, the Studio Tinted Moisturizer just covers more - results were really nice!
thmbup.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIC MAC
By the way - Enkoren did a video about an ingredient that was no good for pregnant or trying to become pregnant women - that ingredient is no where to be found in the version I have - so maybe they didn't put it in the european version !

The ingredient he cited was octinoxate, the chemical sunscreen agent. Did they use a different sunscreen in the Euro version?

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
The ingredient he cited was octinoxate, the chemical sunscreen agent. Did they use a different sunscreen in the Euro version?

Mine says it is made in Canada and I cannot find octinoxate in the list of ingredients (maybe I am blind).
Is there another name for the octinoxate?

Winthrop44

It can also be called octyl methoxycinnamate or ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, but my tube says it's made in Canada too, and it says "Active ingredient: Octinoxate 3.5%" on the back of the tube, as well as at the beginning of the ingredients on the box.