MAC - Baby Blooms Discussion

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
It can also be called octyl methoxycinnamate or ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, but my tube says it's made in Canada too, and it says "Active ingredient: Octinoxate 3.5%" on the back of the tube, as well as at the beginning of the ingredients on the box.

Weird, I still did not find it
winks.gif

But I made a picture of my tube and the box.

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bis
Weird, I still did not find it
winks.gif

But I made a picture of my tube and the box.

the 4th on the ingredient list

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead

And there I was thinking I am going
wacko.gif

Thanks, not sure if I like using it now....

BunnyBunnyBunny

I'm not sure if I like it. I've used it three times and each time it seems to get cakey and dry and weird on my cheeks. Maybe it's because I wore heavy blush those days, or put too much Studio Fix or Mineralize powder or something. I will keep experimenting but it seriously ends up looking gross on my cheeks as well as under my eyes. :/ The coverage seems decent enough though!

KarolinaP

The MA that I was speaking to explained to me that unlike foundations that sit on the skin this stuff sinks in and give a glow from within. It does not get released in Oz until 24th August - can't wait.

But I was just wondering, how does this compare to GA Face Fabric?

Many thanks.

VIC MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead

Mine is the same as this - I find it strange that it's more or less "highlighted" in US - I mean your tube states that there is 3,5% in the product.

Normally EU are harder with "dangerous" ingredients. So i find it strange that they've just "hidden" the ingredient overhere.....hhhmmmm

I still do like the product, but I'm very careful since I've had some skincancer removed on my face recently - think I'll just chat my doctor up...
lol.gif

VIC MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
I'm not sure if I like it. I've used it three times and each time it seems to get cakey and dry and weird on my cheeks. Maybe it's because I wore heavy blush those days, or put too much Studio Fix or Mineralize powder or something. I will keep experimenting but it seriously ends up looking gross on my cheeks as well as under my eyes. :/ The coverage seems decent enough though!

I've used the mineralize skinfinish on top - and have had no problem with it....maybe you could benefit from using a cream base underneath your blush products!

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny

use your regular moisturizer and then a creamy primer! it's very smoooth for me even when i put on mineral powder and blush on my cheeks
thmbup.gif

erine1881

Quote:
The ingredient he cited was octinoxate, the chemical sunscreen agent. Did they use a different sunscreen in the Euro version?

Quote:
It can also be called octyl methoxycinnamate or ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, but my tube says it's made in Canada too, and it says "Active ingredient: Octinoxate 3.5%" on the back of the tube, as well as at the beginning of the ingredients on the box.

are the terms interchangable? because one of the differences in the US/CDN version is octinoxate, but in the rest of the world (ROW) its not octinoxate, its ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate. are they the same thing?

Babylard

^ they are the same, just different nomanclatures. i think octinoxate is the accepted collective term for the longer structural nomanclaure ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate. the longer one is named after the actual structure... kinda like how we say water instead of H2O.

nunu

I got the tinted moisturizer recently and i love it! I was a bit skeptical about it since i have never tried tinted moisturizers before. I've worn it twice and i admit i didn't like it at first since i thought it wasn't even but i added another layer and my face looked even and like i have foundation on. I know it is not meant to be a foundation but it gave me great coverage!

Love it and totally recommend it.

GoldenFairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
I got the tinted moisturizer recently and i love it! I was a bit skeptical about it since i have never tried tinted moisturizers before. I've worn it twice and i admit i didn't like it at first since i thought it wasn't even but i added another layer and my face looked even and like i have foundation on. I know it is not meant to be a foundation but it gave me great coverage!

Love it and totally recommend it.

I love it too but it does have a slight chemicaly smell which annoys me a little.

StarrySim

I've been using my TM since last summer. I don't love it, so I'm trying to just finish it up so I can B2M it
smiles.gif
I usually mix it with a drop of my Quo True Skin TM, which is very silicone-y and makes it blend so well. What I hate is that there is no Light-Medium shade, and I think that's what I would need. I've been using Light, and usually I need to darken it a bit with a drop of something else. I recently got Medium, and it's way too yellow and dark, I don't think it would even work for me in the summer.