MAC - Baroque Boudoir Discussion

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_lost
Oh, sorry, I was kidding - the compact is my baby
th_LMAO.gif
(probably in my head this sounded funnier that in my poor English)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
Oh, I really thought you were going to give birth.
th_crazy2.gif
th_wink3.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
Me too!!
th_LMAO.gif

ha ha ha! oh dear! you won't be giving birth to the compact then!
tong.gif

Camnagem

Finally able to find some time for BB gushing!
heart.gif

I'm in love with my Compact!! It was a splurge for sure, but my hubby got it for me for my 30th birthday (ugh, lol) and I just adore it. I also got Prive l/s and D'Nouveau l/g, both of which I like. Neither of them are amazingly unique, but the colors are quite pretty (and daily wearable) and the packaging reminds me of a hand held mirror my Grandmother used to own and cherish...which in all honesty is probably why I love it so much.
sigh.gif

Anyway, I'm really happy with my BB items! The birthday part? Not so much.
lol.gif

bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnagem
heart.gif

I'm in love with my Compact!! It was a splurge for sure, but my hubby got it for me for my 30th birthday (ugh, lol) and I just adore it. I also got Prive l/s and D'Nouveau l/g, both of which I like. Neither of them are amazingly unique, but the colors are quite pretty (and daily wearable) and the packaging reminds me of a hand held mirror my Grandmother used to own and cherish...which in all honesty is probably why I love it so much.
sigh.gif

lol.gif

Happy (belated) Birthday. This is a great gift!
smiles.gif

Hypathya

Happy belated Birthday!!! I hope you had a great day... with all those goodies, sound like you did!!!

Is amazing how often we relate our taste to our loving memories!!

LMD84

Quote:
heart.gif

sigh.gif

lol.gif

Happy be-lated birthday sweetie!
th_hug.gif
i'm pleased you love the quad
smiles.gif
what a lovely gift!

PinkBasset

Quote:
heart.gif

sigh.gif

lol.gif

Happy belated birthday!!
pompom.gif

purplerinne

I was able to find Treasured lipstick at my pro store! A generous friend gave me money to buy something from this collection and when I went to order online it was sold out so I thought it was a lost cause. But yay Treasured was there and they didn't have much so it was a sign!

I wore it yesterday and it's SOOO pretty. Whoever asked if it was close to Nude Rose it's not. On me it came out beige-y...almost skintone on me (NC40)...i love it and if it wasn't so expensive i would definately back this one up...and the packaging is a bonus...

fintia

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerinne
I was able to find Treasured lipstick at my pro store! A generous friend gave me money to buy something from this collection and when I went to order online it was sold out so I thought it was a lost cause. But yay Treasured was there and they didn't have much so it was a sign!

I wore it yesterday and it's SOOO pretty. Whoever asked if it was close to Nude Rose it's not. On me it came out beige-y...almost skintone on me (NC40)...i love it and if it wasn't so expensive i would definately back this one up...and the packaging is a bonus...

Man.. I knew this co. was coming up but then I totally forgot about it until a few days back. I'm also in love with treasured and I saw it's sold out online ;-(

Tomorrow I'll be going on the hunt to find it.. I'm in Orlando so hopefully i'll find it it's such a pretty color and even though is not a wow color, it's something I dont have.. well c..

purplerinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by fintia
Man.. I knew this co. was coming up but then I totally forgot about it until a few days back. I'm also in love with treasured and I saw it's sold out online ;-(

Tomorrow I'll be going on the hunt to find it.. I'm in Orlando so hopefully i'll find it it's such a pretty color and even though is not a wow color, it's something I dont have.. well c..

good luck! I think it would look great on you!

shadowaddict

I gave in to this collection after tryin so hard to stay away. I went today and got the last compact but they were sold out of Treasured l/s. I was so sad because I really really wanted it after I saw it.

Anyone's store have it left?

TeresitaMC

OMG Treasured and Prive just sold out on the Canadian site. I just checked, probably 2 days ago, and they were still there. I didn't think they would sell out so soon

BunnyBunnyBunny

I got the compact! It's SO pretty but I don't like the stupid button clasp thing ugh! I wish it was magnet or a regular clasp. It's so pretty but the small amount of powder sucks, I feel like I've used half of it already! Plus I wanted a lipstick or gloss but they were all sold out, the store got very limited supply of everything but the powder! D:

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowaddict
I gave in to this collection after tryin so hard to stay away. I went today and got the last compact but they were sold out of Treasured l/s. I was so sad because I really really wanted it after I saw it.

Anyone's store have it left?

I can CP for you, if you want. Not sure how much it costs here though.

shadowaddict

^^Thanks Winnie, I really appreciate the offer. I just located one in Kansa City. The m/a said they were sold out as of Saturday but when she went to check there was one hiding in the drawer. It was $7 shipping but oh well. I really wanted it. So this is my gift to me. But I know its probably still way cheaper than from where you are. The thing is with MAC stores you could get one of everything in the store and it would still be $7 shipping. Thanks a bunch anyway. That was really sweet of you.

purplerinne

Has anyone mentioned if there was a good dupe for Treasured? I love it but no way can I back it up (if i can find it)
nope.gif

dreamer246

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerinne
Has anyone mentioned if there was a good dupe for Treasured? I love it but no way can I back it up (if i can find it)
nope.gif

MAC Baroque Boudoir Collection: Lipsticks Review, Photos, Swatches

I don't own it but here's what Temptalia said:

"Treasured is a creamy, semi-opaque neutral beige. MAC says it’s warm, it seemed neutral on me. It really didn’t jump out at me as warm (I almost wanted to say it was cool!). It reminded me of Jubilee! or even a more pigmented Fresh Brew Lipstick."

To be honest it doesn't look anything like Fresh Brew to me judging from the picture.
th_dunno.gif
If I'm free I'll try to go to the counter to do some swatching myself.

purplerinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer246
MAC Baroque Boudoir Collection: Lipsticks Review, Photos, Swatches

I don't own it but here's what Temptalia said:

"Treasured is a creamy, semi-opaque neutral beige. MAC says it’s warm, it seemed neutral on me. It really didn’t jump out at me as warm (I almost wanted to say it was cool!). It reminded me of Jubilee! or even a more pigmented Fresh Brew Lipstick."

To be honest it doesn't look anything like Fresh Brew to me judging from the picture.
th_dunno.gif
If I'm free I'll try to go to the counter to do some swatching myself.

I don't have Fresh Brew but I have Jubilee and they aren't close on me. Jubilee came out more pinky beige vs Treasured came out skintone beige...

dreamer246

Hey all, I was swatching lippies at my MAC counter today, and the best dupe (out of all the lipsticks that were available at the counter), was Hug Me + Sandy B. Yes, I know it's 2 lippies, but mixing them together created an almost similar color to Treasured. If you only want to get one lippie I would suggest Hug Me, but it has more brown in it. Pics were taken with my friend's camera, I'll post them here when she sends them over.