MAC - Baroque Boudoir Discussion

sleepyhead

color story info from erine1881

Baroque Boudoir (MAC Stores, Saks, select Nordstroms)
Nov. 25, 2009​

Baroque Boudoir Lipstick $22/$26
Baroque Boudoir - Creamy dark plum (C)
Privé - Creamy light blue pink (C)
Treasured - Creamy warm nude beige (C)

Baroque Boudoir Lipgloss $22/$26 (double barrel tube packaging)
The Lap of Luxury - Sheer baby pink with white and pink pearlized pigments (F)
Preciousness - Sheer metallic pink with white pearlized pigments (F)
D'Nouveau - Sheer dusty rose with light pink pearlized pigments (F)

Baroque Boudoir Compact/Sheer Mystery Powder: $60/$72
Light Medium
Medium Plus

Boudoir Clutch $65/$78
chic black clutch in a brushed crinkled nylon fabric

picture credit: tinkerbelle2001 (originally posted in the early buzz thread)

BaroqueBoudoir-72.jpg

BaroqueBoudoir-Lipgloss-DNouveau-72.jpg

BaroqueBoudoir-Lipstick-BaroqueBoud.jpg

kabuki_KILLER

Oooh. I saw the product images for this collection and it's so sexy. So is the name. I was considering getting a YSL lipstick for the holidays, but I might just change my mind.
graucho.gif
Can't wait to see more.

LMD84

i love the packaging for this collection. as i've said many times, i hated last years cheap and tacky look!

i'll be getting a lipstick and the sheer mystery powder compact
smiles.gif

shontay07108

Right now, I'm only interested in the Baroque Boudoir lipstick. I have to see the glosses in person to see just how sheer they are.

Oh goodness, my # of thanks is at 666!
girl_devil.gif
shockt.gif

I'm amused and slightly frightened.

Leven

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
Right now, I'm only interested in the Baroque Boudoir lipstick. I have to see the glosses in person to see just how sheer they are.

Oh goodness, my # of thanks is at 666!
girl_devil.gif
shockt.gif

I'm amused and slightly frightened.

greengrin.gif

Leven

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
Thank you, doll!
th_kiss.gif

Your welcome, i was just protecting you from the devil>
girl_devil.gif

shockt.gif

lol

jenntoz

I'll say it again... MAC I am soooooo mad that you didn't make brushes to go with this beautiful packaging!!!
finger.gif

sleepyhead

since everyone's talking about the pictures, i copied them from early buzz thread to the top of the page (pics posted by tinkerbelle2001)

sleepyhead

i love the packaging too, but i just wish there's more powder in the mystery powder compact. i'd actually buy it for once if it's not so "over packaged"

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
i love the packaging too, but i just wish there's more powder in the mystery powder compact. i'd actually buy it for once if it's not so "over packaged"

you do get a refil though so you actually get two pans which are the same size as a blush. which i don't think is too bad... but maybe i'm crazy!

Shadowy Lady

does anyone know the texture of the lipsticks? It says "C" but does that mean Creamsheen or Amplified Cream?

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
you do get a refil though so you actually get two pans which are the same size as a blush. which i don't think is too bad... but maybe i'm crazy!

yeah, but i wouldn't mind if they give me more like they did with some of the earlier couture collections
tong.gif

the compact is too big compare to the powder and i bet it's super heavy too. it's just... inconvenient to lug it around, i guess (yes, i am THAT lazy
greengrin.gif
) also, i don't like the look of the rings on the inside. it takes up space and doesn't do anything, just sitting there and looking ugly
nonono.gif

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
does anyone know the texture of the lipsticks? It says "C" but does that mean Creamsheen or Amplified Cream?

i assume it just means cream color, no pearls, no glitters. i think couture collection lipsticks have different texture compare to the regular ones, so they have their own special formula

LMD84

Quote:
yeah, but i wouldn't mind if they give me more like they did with some of the earlier couture collections
tong.gif

the compact is too big compare to the powder and i bet it's super heavy too. it's just... inconvenient to lug it around, i guess (yes, i am THAT lazy
greengrin.gif
) also, i don't like the look of the rings on the inside. it takes up space and doesn't do anything, just sitting there and looking ugly
nonono.gif

differnt strokes i guess
smiles.gif
i really like how heavy it is, mianly because i feel like i have spent my money on something good! tricks of the mind eh?! it looks exactly the same as my hk compact which i really like... the rings are pointless though i will give you that!
winks.gif

Winthrop44

Quote:
i assume it just means cream color, no pearls, no glitters. i think couture collection lipsticks have different texture compare to the regular ones, so they don't have their own special formula

That's what I'm thinking..the "c" may be for couture.

onlylindah

I want treasured lipstick and d'nouveau lipgloss
greengrin.gif
I think mainly for packaging purposes only because its so much prettier compared to last years packaging. I wish there were brushes too!