MAC - Baroque Boudoir Discussion

Camnagem

I love the packaging!
sigh.gif

I'll probably pick up D'Nouveau l/g and at least one lipstick. I need swatches to decide, but they all sound pretty!

GlamQueen21

I want Treasured l/s, Lap of Luxury, Preciousness and D'nouveau lipglasses! The packaging is gorgeous!! IT IS SO WAY BETTER THAN MONOGRAM'S PACKAGING! Don't you all agree with me?

thewickedstyle

Sooo pretty...why no brushes?!

I want a lipstick, at least one gloss, and the compact.

It will be my first compact, can anyone tell me about sheer mystery powder? Currently I set my foundation with MSFN.

Elusive21

What was last year's collection (just so that I can google the pics) and why is everything in this collection so expensive?

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elusive21
What was last year's collection (just so that I can google the pics) and why is everything in this collection so expensive?

couture collections usually feature products with different(nicer) texture than regular mac and packaged in something fancy (even the brushes are softer).

last year's couture collection was called monogram

Swirlgirl

I'm a little disappointed that the mystery powder is the smaller size like the Monogram and Kitty Kouture powders. The powder is so finely milled I really, really like it and find the coverage to be better than the regular select sheer pressed powder. Also, I would prefer to be able to refill it with a powder, rather than a blush, but at least the packaging is beautiful.
drools.gif

Based on descriptions, the pink and the nude lippies and all 3 lip glosses AND a mystery powder will be coming home with me ($170 - yikes).
I'm kind of glad there aren't any brushes - - it'll save me the money!

sleepyhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirlgirl
I'm a little disappointed that the mystery powder is the smaller size like the Monogram and Kitty Kouture powders. The powder is so finely milled I really, really like it and find the coverage to be better than the regular select sheer pressed powder. Also, I would prefer to be able to refill it with a powder, rather than a blush, but at least the packaging is beautiful.
drools.gif

Based on descriptions, the pink and the nude lippies and all 3 lip glosses AND a mystery powder will be coming home with me ($170 - yikes).
I'm kind of glad there aren't any brushes - - it'll save me the money!

i think it's the same size as kitty kouture and monogram, i meant that it's smaller than couture (2006) and stylistics(2007) ones

MzzRach

^^This is the annual couture collection - last year's couture was called Monogram. It's MAC's luxury collection, which the prices reflect.

themaczealot

I like this packaging much more than Monogram but its
unlikely that I'll be forking over the moola for this one
nonono.gif

Elusive21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead
couture collections usually feature products with different(nicer) texture than regular mac and packaged in something fancy (even the brushes are softer).

last year's couture collection was called monogram

Thank you for explaining that.

Elusive21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzzRach
It's MAC's luxury collection, which the prices reflect.

They certainly do
shockt.gif

But I guess if the quality is better then I certainly can't bitch. I know people that buy Chanel and YSL makeup every week like it's nothing so I guess I should be pretty happy that MAC makeup isn't this expensive all of the time. It certainly is very beautiful packaging though.

kellia

I sooooo agree with this. It would have been SO SO GORGEOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenntoz
I'll say it again... MAC I am soooooo mad that you didn't make brushes to go with this beautiful packaging!!!
finger.gif

Yagmur

I love the Look of this Collection. It's so pretty
love.gif

I want the Mystery Compact and maybe one l/s or l/g. I really liked the Sheer Mystery Powder, from my HK Compact. So I'll be fine with getting 2 new refills
th_DANCE.gif

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
does anyone know the texture of the lipsticks? It says "C" but does that mean Creamsheen or Amplified Cream?

Quote:
i assume it just means cream color, no pearls, no glitters. i think couture collection lipsticks have different texture compare to the regular ones, so they have their own special formula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
That's what I'm thinking..the "c" may be for couture.

"c" means cream. like sleepyhead said, it has no shimmer or glitter. its a smooth formula like amplified, but it has a different formula of its own.

Quote:
i think it's the same size as kitty kouture and monogram, i meant that it's smaller than couture (2006) and stylistics(2007) ones

it is the same size as the kitty kouture powders and the monogram powders.

i'll try to post swatches of everything tmrw.

elle25

I absolutely LOVE the packaging on this collection. Its gorgeous. So much better than the Monogram collection last year.

I'm yet to try a mystery/sheerspark powder. With everything else I get, the price has always stopped me but I'm going to get one from this collection. I can't wait to see swatches.

shops2much

Too bad there aren't any brushes. It would match my bathroom that I'm in the process of stenciling in a damask pattern. Oh well, I'll just have to decorate it with the pretty box from the compact, the compact itself, lipstick and lipgloss.
smiles.gif
Plus, I love my mystery powder. It's so much nicer to use then a regular powder.

Rinstar

I have to see swatches before I figure out what I want, but I need something just for the gorgeous packaging.

Tat2dbeauty07

Im looking forward to this collection the packaging in stunning I want to get atleast a lipglass and a lipstick I really like the compact but Im hoping that will hit the CCO.