MAC Bloggers Obsessions Discussion

Piarpreet

trust me when i say u will survive lol. :p If you like glosses though AMPL is a must. I just dont like sticky lips. BUT it's an amazing color
Thats the great thing about MAC, well, makeup in general, something that looks meh on me, will look gorgeous on another lovely lady. Priarpeet, my coloring is pretty similar to yours, so if you can live without JW, I can probably live without it too. I don't want a teal green, I want mallard green. Jealousy from Peacocky was close, but not quite shiny enough. I am thinking when MAC nails this color I am imagining, it will be a pigment like the old school formula, similar to Platinum piggie.

I wish I snagged an AMPL, but I have learned MAC keeps bringing the purples, so I will catch the next one.

Prettypackages

I thought AMPL was too dark, but I do wish I got the chance to try it out.

I am on the fence about JW, I might get it to try it, but I'm definitely backing up HP, and might even buy one for my mother.

ahoythere

I love the Pro and Anti Jealousy Wakes camp banter! I agree with a little bit of what everyone says, but have made it work for me by using it as a liner...it just glows so nicely that it looks great as a pop of color, especially on the lower lashline. Also it makes a stellar base for Unsurpassable MES from Semi Precious, really bringing out all the greens nicely.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I think that a lot of whether or not you like a colour like JW is determined by how much colour you feel comfortable wearing. It's certainly a bright, audacious one. I think HP has a more universal appeal, because it's a phenomenal colour, but it can be geared to conservative looks, dramatic looks, understated/ subtle looks, etc. Jealousy Wakes sort of demands to be the primary focus, or else you have to blend it out to the point where it could be almost any green/ teal shadow. I like the idea of using it as a liner! I'm going to have to try that. I'll bet it would be fantastic layered over Ivy from the Mickey Contractor collection.

Since I'm not averse to big pops of colour, I've been able to use JW on several occasions. A few photos of how I've worn it:

I'd consider all of these fairly "bold" looks, in that they have a lot of colour on the eyes, which may put some people off, but which- for me, on my complexion- this shadow sort of requires in order to work. If I used it on its own, or with very muted shades, I think I'd look a little like a 6 year old who got into her mother's makeup kit.

rubytitania

I really like the sound of Hocus Pocus over For Effect PP! Might have to try that one out this week if I feel like doing a smoky eye. I love AMPL but I rarely use it. I'm obsessed with purple lipsticks and lipglasses and I just don't use them enough because I often feel they're a bit too much for the office. Eh, maybe I should just wear them anyway :) I have Jealousy Wakes and I don't think I've used it ONCE. I was a little disappointed when I swatched it and it's just sat there in my palette since then. I've heard several people say it looks good with Vex but I'm not sure I like the sound of the combo much, personally. I guess I'll have to try it to find out though!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Christine did a look with Vex when the shadow first came out: http://www.temptalia.com/duochromes-jealousy-wakes-look

missah

Arggh. I so want to get a hocus pocus backup! I was just about to order it... and then my want list got bigger and more exxy... What to do? Go for Hocus Pocus which I already have one of or go for Blue Candy and Royale which i dont have?!

Richelle83

Arggh. I so want to get a hocus pocus backup! I was just about to order it... and then my want list got bigger and more exxy... What to do? Go for Hocus Pocus which I already have one of or go for Blue Candy and Royale which i dont have?!

I'd get Hocus Pocus and Blue Candy. Inglot makes a better dupe of Royale.

peachsuns

Is this collection still online? Hmmm. Should I get anything else? LOL
I'm still happy with my purchase from this collection. I've been wearing Sonoran Rain for last two days. I love bright lips.
peace2.gif

duckrodeo

I love the Pro and Anti Jealousy Wakes camp banter! I agree with a little bit of what everyone says, but have made it work for me by using it as a liner...it just glows so nicely that it looks great as a pop of color, especially on the lower lashline. Also it makes a stellar base for Unsurpassable MES from Semi Precious, really bringing out all the greens nicely.
That's a great idea!

rubytitania

Christine did a look with Vex when the shadow first came out: http://www.temptalia.com/duochromes-jealousy-wakes-look
Yeah, I'm not really feeling it to be honest. Thank you for the link though! I might still try it out as my colouring is very different from hers.

missah

I didnt end up backing up Hocus Pocus...I ending up hauling Inglot. I will hopefully back it up during the Iris Aphel collection release . Hopefully it'll still be available then!