MAC Bloggers Obsessions Discussion

sss215

So I'm looking through Facebook and I see this post by Afrobella. Apparently a fan(if I read right) decided MAC needed to have AOMPL as a permanent lipglass and has organized a petition! http://www.afrobella.com/2011/12/07...utm_campaign=Feed:+afrobella/GpUL+(Afrobella)

It's cool idea(not sure it will work though) but I do wonder why they haven't taken it off the website like all the other sold out products.

i signed it. so nice. it was the most popular item. should be perm. there is no bomb ass purple lip glasses from MAC in my opinion. this one is a no brainer.

PixieDancer

FINALLY picked up Hocus Pocus! Has anyone tried it yet over For Effect PP? Saw some people mention it. Wonder how it turned out?

Richelle83

FINALLY picked up Hocus Pocus! Has anyone tried it yet over For Effect PP? Saw some people mention it. Wonder how it turned out?
I just a bu of it and will finally get For Effect in the mail today so I'll try them and see how they work together. I'm sure though they will look awesome.

PixieDancer

I think so too! Let me know how it works! I'm on the road for the next 2 weeks and won't get to "play makeup" until I get home at the Holidays!

As for AOMPL... I never got that!! I was so behind on this collection. I may try to pick it up since it's so popular! I'm sucked in by reviews everytime! HeeHee

Richelle83

Hmm, not sure I like For Effect and Hocus Pocus together. FE is darker than HP so it doesn't quite work for the smokey effect that I thought it would. Maybe if I try it another way it might work, using FE as a lid color then HP as a the outer v didn't work. But I do think it would work better with Dangerous Cuvee.

PixieDancer

Hmm, not sure I like For Effect and Hocus Pocus together. FE is darker than HP so it doesn't quite work for the smokey effect that I thought it would. Maybe if I try it another way it might work, using FE as a lid color then HP as a the outer v didn't work. But I do think it would work better with Dangerous Cuvee.
Poo. I don't have DC. Did you apply FE thick or sheer it out? I'll play around with it too when I get home. Thanks for giving it a try sweetie! Let me know if you find a way to get it to work!

Richelle83

I applied FE with 2 thin layers, so it didn't look sheer but not as opaque as the mufe version. Well after I posted I took a nap, woke up and it looked perfect lol. Thinking a sheerish layer will work great with HP.

Piarpreet

Yes. It really is a "magical" smokey. pufff and go kinda look. They dont have a nice color like that other greys are too cool and silverish. Even tacky for a smokey. It's a pity.

PixieDancer

That was what was nice about this collection, it allowed actual MAC users that were in touch with the public that knew what was missing and what the consumers wanted! So we got some awesome products that we realized were missing from the permanent line but MAC had overlooked. HP definitely needs to be permanent as popular as it's been! I've only used it once & I instantly knew it was special!

Piarpreet

if only mac were that smart....

That was what was nice about this collection, it allowed actual MAC users that were in touch with the public that knew what was missing and what the consumers wanted! So we got some awesome products that we realized were missing from the permanent line but MAC had overlooked. HP definitely needs to be permanent as popular as it's been! I've only used it once & I instantly knew it was special!

cno64

Yes. It really is a "magical" smokey. pufff and go kinda look. They dont have a nice color like that other greys are too cool and silverish. Even tacky for a smokey. It's a pity.

I wore Hocus Pocus to a family party yesterday, and it looked *fantastic* in the crease, with a lighter grey on the lid, and silver to highlight browbones.
Even my mother, who is beyond tired of my makeup chatter, took one look at me, and said, "Oooh; your eyes look beautiful!"
Hocus Pocus, true to its name, seems to really have a magical quality.

Richelle83

I thought the same thing when I was debating whether or not to get a second one. I figured Inglot surely had something comparable but those durn sparkls in HP make the difference. Such a minute detail but an important one at the same time.

Piarpreet

richelle... when you can see such subtleties you know you are in trouble...
I thought the same thing when I was debating whether or not to get a second one. I figured Inglot surely had something comparable but those durn sparkls in HP make the difference. Such a minute detail but an important one at the same time.