MAC Bloggers Obsessions Discussion

LMD84

Duochromes would be fantastic!
do you know how much i love duochromes? freaking loads!!!
nanaparty.gif

Alisha1

Amen!
th_worship.gif

I hope they come up with some duochromes! A teal/purple one or something.
And some really hot/neon colours that are also neon on the eyes.
And just more colours
eyelove.gif
lol even I would get in on those!
th_drool.gif

I really hope the collection is not full of sheer glosses - I want a colour I can wear on its own instead of layering to make it pop

Rezel

I have really high hopes for this collection. I just hope I won't be let down. I wish they included some lipsticks.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Duochromes would be fantastic!

I have deliberately spent time going through every single Mac description so that I can buy everything that has the word "duochrome" attached. Seriously, one of the first things that made me fall in love with Mac to begin with were their duochrome shadows- which I still buy regularly- because I found them so fascinating to look at. There is little that would please me more than a collection of duochrome shades of varying sorts.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I actually quite agree with the bolded. As much as the unending LE collections from MAC can tire on someone, (especially when they aren't decent, Flighty cough cough) one of the advantages is that we see a wide diversity of types and shades of products. Because it's LE MAC knows that more often than not, the product will sell for that reason alone. The risk of loosing money on a LE collection is slim so MAC can release niche products and leave the broad-stroke, for the masses products in their permanent line. That being said, I don't think this collection will be cutting edge or have unique products because MAC is targeting a specific audience, the blog-reading audience, and others have other discussed their taste and purchasing habits here so I wont.
Quote: I'm pretty sure temptalia will throw a red in there. Having read her blog for ages, I know she loves red lips and I'm counting on that.
I don't think mass appeal is a mac priority. There are a handful of collections every year where it seems like WOC are an afterthought and there are some collections where there are difficult colors for those who are pale. Appealing to a lot of people shouldn't come at the expense of creativity. I hope they really consider the texture of the shades. A matte shadow will behave much differently than a lustre. Also, some of these nudes would be less jarring if they knocked it off with the satan finish and opted for a lustre instead.

We will see.

sayah

Even if the colours are booooring, they'll get a good amount of good buzz from bloggers around the world from this. They really can't lose.

LMD84

Even if the colours are booooring, they'll get a good amount of good buzz from bloggers around the world from this. They really can't lose.
oh absolutely! free advertising - this collection will do well no matter what. plus because mac have never done anything like it i think that people will be buying up stuff for the 'collectable' reasons

shadowaddict

Quote:
oh absolutely! free advertising - this collection will do well no matter what. plus because mac have never done anything like it i think that people will be buying up stuff for the 'collectable' reasons

iagree.gif
So very true. How can they lose?

plusluxe

Everything (or most of it) will sell out yeah...but I just really wish for duochromes and hot neons. Or better a neon duochrome
love.gif

xasperadastra

uhm expensive pink is a duochrome, isn't it? I really love that eyeshadow..I must have it in the future^^ What duochrome eyeshadow can we find in the permanent line??
It would be nice if products will have bloggers name^^ (it's probably because there are 10 bloggers for five eyeshadow and five lipglosses!)

OctoberViolet

Okay. I'll admit I'm not the smartest tool in the shed.
poke.gif

What are duochrome eyeshadows? They sound amazing.
I would love to try them, whether old colors or new ones (hopefully) coming out. Color recommendations, ladies?

LMD84

Okay. I'll admit I'm not the smartest tool in the shed.
poke.gif

What are duochrome eyeshadows? They sound amazing.
I would love to try them, whether old colors or new ones (hopefully) coming out. Color recommendations, ladies?
well basically they are eye colours that look one colour in one direction but then another colour in a different direction. like how club shadow flashes brown and green. and old gold pigment goes from a pretty gold colour to bright green :)

MzzRach

I'm so pleased that Karla is on the list. She rocks!

But really, there should be a MAC Specktra special edition collection. Right?
sigh.gif
Oh, the possibilities!

Maybe one day......
heart.gif

Latest posts