MAC Bloggers Obsessions Discussion

UrbanSweetheart

oh jeez...I think I might need a backup of AMPL!
I wish I could see more of her eye makeup, but from what I see it all looks lovely!
Did you guys see Karen's post using products from this collection? She looks stunning!
http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/mac-makeup/go-from-day-to-night-in-a-flash-with-the-mac-bloggers-obsessions-collection/

Also shows how versatile Hocus Pocus is. Lianne, you did excellent job with it!

Rinstar

I can't wait to get my stuff!!! I'm so happy I managed to snag JW and all the lip glasses except AMPL. This talk about Caqui is making me drool! How are you warm toned ladies wearing JW? I have a hard time rocking greens and blues. I'm hoping JW works better.

UrbanSweetheart

you did such an amazing job with it! I truly cannot wait til mine arrives =)
I am SO SO SO SO SO happy that you guys like the shadow!! Post pics of you wearing Hocus Pocus on TheMakeupGirl facebook page, I will be doing a post on the website with all the looks!

Also having a contest tomorrow just in case anyone from Canada didn't get a chance to grab it before it sold out ;-)

xoxoxoxo LIanne

cheerleader.gif

Kawaiiamaiai

Ugh, I'm dying here. I really want HP, but I'm trying to save up my money for Semi-precious. I may break down and order it tomorrow if it's still there since it's the one eyeshadow I've been lemming since they released the color story.

mtrimier

well my box has been rescheduled, which is odd because the other order i placed the same day is coming tomorrow, but the one with stuff from this collection won't get here until Monday? foolishness.

hoshiakari_

Woo, looks like my goodies might be getting here tomorrow. :D

Scheduled For Early Delivery On: Friday, 06/24/2011, By End of Day Originally Scheduled For Delivery On: Monday, 06/27/2011, By End of Day Last Location: Arrived - Houston, TX, United States, Thursday, 06/23/2011 Awesome.
pompom.gif

Piarpreet

I respect, admire, and appreciate all the love and work and inspiration put into this this but here is my HONEST opinion.

I was exited about Jealousy wakes and all my purple life, and partially about Hocus pocus.

so then I get all 4 e/s cos im compulsive like dat!.... and then....

I LOVE the one I didnt even want!!!!! Im in love with parisian skies (combines with night flight by nars=perfect smokey), and I LOVe hocus pocus (with lili marlene as a base by nars + copper plate to blend crease oh goooooshhhhh).

But jealousy wakes disappointed me :( its a lil hard to work with and looks too tropical-comical on me. Im really fair and feel I (( emphasize the word "I") can't work them colors!

And Sparkle neely sparke is an awesome warm brown but REAL similar to swiss chocolate (not exact fo sho)... so if u dont love the gold glitter....i'd pass. I have other browns with glitter that doesnt looke like i put a layer of gold sparkle on top. like NARS mekong & galapagos.

So yah I got JW, SNS, AMPL for swap. Ive used once except for AMPL which i swatched on hand and thought, damn this is daaaaaaark I dont even wanna try it on, it wont work for me although the color is extreemely pretty! (for reference im nc10)

But i got two products I can love, which is good :)

BeautyByLele

Thanks for your review, it sucks that you spent unnecessary $$$ but its true that not every color or product is great/works for everyone !!!!
I respect, admire, and appreciate all the love and work and inspiration put into this this but here is my HONEST opinion.

I was exited about Jealousy wakes and all my purple life, and partially about Hocus pocus.

I LOVE the one I didnt even want!!!!! Im in love with parisian skies (combines with night flight by nars=perfect smokey), and I LOVe hocus pocus (with lili marlene as a base by nars + copper plate to blend crease oh goooooshhhhh).

But jealousy wakes disappointed me :( its a lil hard to work with and looks too tropical-comical on me. Im really fair and feel I (( emphasize the word "I") can't work them colors!

And Sparkle neely sparke is an awesome warm brown but REAL similar to swiss chocolate (not exact fo sho)... so if u dont love the gold glitter....i'd pass. I have other browns with glitter that doesnt looke like i put a layer of gold sparkle on top. like NARS mekong & galapagos.

So yah I got JW, SNS, AMPL for swap. Ive used once except for AMPL which i swatched on hand and thought, damn this is daaaaaaark I dont even wanna try it on, it wont work for me although the color is extreemely pretty! (for reference im nc10)

UrbanSweetheart

at least now someone else can get JW and enjoy it =) Also, good thing you got 2 new loves instead of none ; )

Care

Hocus Pocus is also EXCELLENT over Blacktrack Fluidline ;-)
will try it over Brackground pp tomorrow :)

I tried Parisian Skies today over Blackground (with pixy epoxy) justtt to see how it'd work. It's definately a much prettier shade than I expected. I'll have to work with it a few more times to really figure out how much I like it :)

Maybe my lighting is bad, but JW looked a lot more tealish to me when I looked at it (I haven't swatched/used it yet). I hope it's not too blue on me :(

katred

Specktra Bestie
Playing around with Parisian Skies and the two blue shadows from the Love Lace collection (Love Lace and Suave Intentions), I came to the realisation that they make a really pretty smoky blue eye together, especially combined with the blue side of She Who Dares (Blue Flame would work just as well, or you could get the dark blue colour from Semi-Precious...)

Curly1908

People are sleeping on Parisian Skies!
poke.gif

It really is a multifaceted color with this indescribable sheen to it. I swatched it and was IMPRESSED. I can't wait to wear this as a smokey eye.

And JW is gorgeous on my skintone. I detect more of the gold in the color on my skin than in the swatches I've seen thus far.

LMD84

i love hearing what you guys think about these products :) i shall be remembering for when (yes i'm staying positive!) mac re-promote them!