MAC Brush Canister Collection Discussion

SarahC0612

I am trying to order the large one and the site says the dreaded, "Coming soon." Yet, they sent an email out this morning announcing that these canisters are now available and that you can sign in now to order. I hate it when Mac does that crap! Its cruel and unusual to dangle the carrot like this, I have been waiting for these canisters to come out for months!

SarahC0612

Whaaaaa????! I just tried again, and it still says "coming soon" for the large canister. I tried clearing all of my browsing history and it still says it. When I go to the large canister on the site, it says "add to bag" for like a second and then goes to "coming soon". Are you able to actually add it to your bag and buy it?

This is so weird!!!!!

Mac-Guy

Whaaaaa????! I just tried again, and it still says "coming soon" for the large canister. I tried clearing all of my browsing history and it still says it. When I go to the large canister on the site, it says "add to bag" for like a second and then goes to "coming soon". Are you able to actually add it to your bag and buy it?

This is so weird!!!!!

Maybe try a different browser? I'm not a tech expert at all, so I can't really help.

spunky

This is maybe unrelated, but have you guys seen these?

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-brush-rolls-for-winter-2011

SarahC0612

I might just get the Zuca, though I was hoping for a traincase-like look.

I HIGHLY recommend the Zuca. It is amazing and so much more efficient than a train case because it holds at least 4 times the amount of stuff. I got the Pro Artist one and love love love it. When I started airbrushing, I got the artist backpack to carry my compressor in. It which straps to the Zuca Pro so I can wheel it all around together in one piece. It looks cool and professional, packs up easily and the design of it keeps my stuff secure and damage free.

Dude, get the Zuca, you wont be sorry!!!

SarahC0612

I just called Mac Pro customer service. The girl first told me that neither canister is available online and are ONLY in stores, which IMO is completely stupid. So I told her that in fact the small one was for sale online, but the big one wasn't. She said they weren't sure what that was about and they are trying to find out if perhaps "they" changed their minds or what is going on.

This was the third person in the third department I've spoken to today about this and they each told me something different. So frustrating.

Mac-Guy

I just called Mac Pro customer service. The girl first told me that neither canister is available online and are ONLY in stores, which IMO is completely stupid. So I told her that in fact the small one was for sale online, but the big one wasn't. She said they weren't sure what that was about and they are trying to find out if perhaps "they" changed their minds or what is going on.

This was the third person in the third department I've spoken to today about this and they each told me something different. So frustrating.

Oh no, this sounds frustrating. If you need them urgently, just order over the phone. I'm sure it will pan out on the website eventually.

spunky

I hate when companies do that, and it seems like a really simple thing to fix - an email from head office with details like online exclusives etc the day before things are meant to go on sale could avoid giving customers the wrong information.

SarahC0612

Oh no, this sounds frustrating. If you need them urgently, just order over the phone. I'm sure it will pan out on the website eventually.

you mean call a pro store and order it? I tried ordering it over the phone through customer service and their sales and they couldn't do anything.

I've tried 3 different browsers and they all say coming soon. I don't get how you are able to order the big one, but I am not.

Mac-Guy

you mean call a pro store and order it? I tried ordering it over the phone through customer service and their sales and they couldn't do anything.

I've tried 3 different browsers and they all say coming soon. I don't get how you are able to order the big one, but I am not.

Yes, I mean over the phone. Just call a Pro store, in preference one that is closer to you. Shipping is 7 bucks...

Mac-Guy

the zuca is too expensive... have any of u guys traveled with it? checked in or carry on?

I don't think that the Zuca is too expensive if you compare it with the price of a regular MU bag (around 40 - 50 bucks), which probably fits only a small percentage of what you can pack into a Zuca. I'm less concerned with the price of the Zuca, but with the limited interior as I would prefer compartment and dividers. I'll probably still get a Zuca soon as I've outgrown a few of the Pro train cases and it doesn't look like we are getting a new one soon.

SarahC0612

I don't think that the Zuca is too expensive if you compare it with the price of a regular MU bag (around 40 - 50 bucks), which probably fits only a small percentage of what you can pack into a Zuca. I'm less concerned with the price of the Zuca, but with the limited interior as I would prefer compartment and dividers. I'll probably still get a Zuca soon as I've outgrown a few of the Pro train cases and it doesn't look like we are getting a new one soon.

I agree with you about the price. Sure, it may cost more than a train case, but you get what you pay for in that it holds a TON of stuff in relatively small case. I know it does not look like it holds much because it is small, but its very deceiving. It actually holds a boat-load of stuff. It comes with several pouches that open and close with a zipper. I use one for eye stuff, one for lips, one for foundations, and one for powders and blushes. So you still get the added benefits of compartmentalized organization, just in a different way than a train case.

I will caution you though that if you order from Zuca's site, to make sure you get the pro ARTIST one. I totally thought that was the one I ordered but instead, I accidentally ordered the regular pro. The difference between them are the pouches that come inside. The Pro Artist comes with stiffer pouches that are clear on the top and much more conducive to for makeup storage. The regular pro comes with nylon pouches that are meant for packing clothing in for travel - they are not practical at all for makeup! I had to order additional clear pouches, at an added expense. It totally sucked, but was my own fault for not paying attention when I was shopping!

spunky

I agree with you about the price. Sure, it may cost more than a train case, but you get what you pay for in that it holds a TON of stuff in relatively small case. I know it does not look like it holds much because it is small, but its very deceiving. It actually holds a boat-load of stuff. It comes with several pouches that open and close with a zipper. I use one for eye stuff, one for lips, one for foundations, and one for powders and blushes. So you still get the added benefits of compartmentalized organization, just in a different way than a train case.

I will caution you though that if you order from Zuca's site, to make sure you get the pro ARTIST one. I totally thought that was the one I ordered but instead, I accidentally ordered the regular pro. The difference between them are the pouches that come inside. The Pro Artist comes with stiffer pouches that are clear on the top and much more conducive to for makeup storage. The regular pro comes with nylon pouches that are meant for packing clothing in for travel - they are not practical at all for makeup! I had to order additional clear pouches, at an added expense. It totally sucked, but was my own fault for not paying attention when I was shopping!

A girl on my course has it and she swears by it. I really want to get one, they look like they hold everything securely and hold a hell of a lot more than I can get in my kit bag just now.

Latest posts