MAC Brush Canister Collection Discussion

Mac-Guy

I agree with you about the price. Sure, it may cost more than a train case, but you get what you pay for in that it holds a TON of stuff in relatively small case. I know it does not look like it holds much because it is small, but its very deceiving. It actually holds a boat-load of stuff. It comes with several pouches that open and close with a zipper. I use one for eye stuff, one for lips, one for foundations, and one for powders and blushes. So you still get the added benefits of compartmentalized organization, just in a different way than a train case.

I will caution you though that if you order from Zuca's site, to make sure you get the pro ARTIST one. I totally thought that was the one I ordered but instead, I accidentally ordered the regular pro. The difference between them are the pouches that come inside. The Pro Artist comes with stiffer pouches that are clear on the top and much more conducive to for makeup storage. The regular pro comes with nylon pouches that are meant for packing clothing in for travel - they are not practical at all for makeup! I had to order additional clear pouches, at an added expense. It totally sucked, but was my own fault for not paying attention when I was shopping!

Was there a reason you didn't order the MAC one? Or did you want the "regular" Artist one?

SarahC0612

Was there a reason you didn't order the MAC one? Or did you want the "regular" Artist one?
Yeah, I really prefer the regular artist style over the Sport. There's not a big difference in capacity between the two, I just like the regular style better. Also, the regular can be taken on a plane as a carry on. The double wheels on the sport make it so that it won't fit in most overhead bins. And, even though I'm a MAC junkie, I just didn't want the logo on my Zuca.

PS - I got my canisters! I had to call the Miami Pro store to get them. Both Chicago and Nashville, which are closest to me, were sold out of the large ones.

Mac-Guy

Yeah, I really prefer the regular artist style over the Sport. There's not a big difference in capacity between the two, I just like the regular style better. Also, the regular can be taken on a plane as a carry on. The double wheels on the sport make it so that it won't fit in most overhead bins. And, even though I'm a MAC junkie, I just didn't want the logo on my Zuca.

PS - I got my canisters! I had to call the Miami Pro store to get them. Both Chicago and Nashville, which are closest to me, were sold out of the large ones.

I'm glad you solved the canister issue. Now it shows "coming soon" again for me too. I guess they sold out fast.

Re Zuca: I totally understand that you prefer a less obvious logo. :)

laylalovesmac

The small one stores 16, the large one 25 brushes.

SO late on this but wow- that's decent! I might be the only one, but I actually like the look of these... My poor TT tins have been pretty abused since I started using them as brush holders.... May have to get one.... You know... whenever they come back. ;) Of course.... I'd have to order over the phone, but I think it'd be worth it.

Piarpreet

do u know if the MAC one fits in the plane???

Mac-Guy

I'd hazard a guess that it'd be too big for European budget airlines. They are so stingy with baggage allowances:( No idea about US airlines though.
That's why I try to go for larger airlines such as Lufthansa or Air Canada as you can fit in so much more in the overhead space. However, you never can be sure that you can take your stuff with you on board. If they run out of space, it will certainly be checked in even if you are at at gate and about to board...

spunky

That's why I try to go for larger airlines such as Lufthansa or Air Canada as you can fit in so much more in the overhead space. However, you never can be sure that you can take your stuff with you on board. If they run out of space, it will certainly be checked in even if you are at at gate and about to board...
I'd love to be able to do that, but the price difference over here is insane. I'm going to Berlin next month, and the EasyJet flights from Glasgow plus 3 nights in the hotel was cheaper than the flights on their own with British Airways.

SarahC0612

How much makeup can you pack into the carry on case???
The last time I spoke to the folks at Zuca, they told me that the case case itself is the exact same size for both the Sport and Pro models. The difference between them is the design of the frame. The pro has two wheels that lay flush with the frame. The sport has double wheels on either side, which make it easier to maneuver up and down stairs. The wheels on the sport are on the outside of the frame. It is the placement of the wheels on the sport that makes the overall width of the case wider and therefore more difficult to fit into the overhead bin. This is why Zuca markets the pro for travel, and the sport as an "all around gear bag,"

Having said that, here is what I get into my Zuca Pro:
- Iwata silver jet compressor.
- 3 pro pouches containing the following:
1st pouch: about 6-7 Mac 15 shadow pallets, all but one of the pressed eye shadows that Sugar pill makes (in the individual pans), 6-7 Mac eyeshadow quads, Urban Decay Naked Pallet, and about 2-3 Mac shadows from the Posh Paradise collection. Oh and I think I have a random Lancome shadow in there as well.
2) 2nd contains: 1 Mac blush pallet, plus a second blush pallet that holds 8 mac blushes (its some off brand empty pallet I got online some where), Mac P+P Loose Finishing Powder, Mac Silver Dusk Irridescent Loose powder, 1 Mac Bronzer, 1 individual Mac blush, MUFE HD Finishing POwder, and Mac Mineralize Skin Finish Natural Face powders in every shade they make.
3) last pouch has several pigments, mascara wands, a baggie with all my skin care stuff (primer, moisturizers, etc), a second baggie with "cleaning supplies" (Brush cleaner, alcohol, eye M/U remover, airbrush gun cleaner), and a little box I got from Office Depot that holds small tools like tweezers, brow groomers, clips, etc.
- A larger Office Depot box that houses several trays of individual lashes, lash curler, and lash glue.
-Box of Q tips.
-Mac Brush Roll that contains all my eye brushes.

This actually does not fill the entire rolling case. There is a little extra room in there, which is nice because my stuff isn't all crammed. I used to be able to fit everything I own into the Zuca pro, but when I started airbrushing and had to carry the compressor around, I had to get the Zuca backpack. In my back pack I have three more pouches: One contains all foundations and concealers, One has all my lid primers, gel eyeliners, Cream Shadows, mascaras, and eye pencils, and one has all of my lip products. Also in the backpack I store my three 3 large MAC brush canisters - one is usually empty and kept just for dirty brushes, the other two have all my face and concealer brushes in them. In addition, I store my airbrush gun, stainless steel pallets, alcohol wipes, disposable lip brushes, makeup remover wipes, etc in the backpack as well.

Sorry to be so long winded, but this detailed is the only way I know how to be. Hope it helps!

Mac-Guy

Getting hold of the large brush canister is more difficult that finding blue Lightscapade. I was able to order one large and one small one. Now my BU for small one is backordered and the large one is sold out (again!). Sigh!

Mac-Guy

Urgh! The canisters are still back-orderd. It's frustrating!
ohboy.gif

martiangurll

thats a lot of make up!

I think I would rather get geeky science chic beakers from the lab than these plastic brush holders. The plastic just isn't doing it for me.

purplerinne

I love these canisters! I have 1 large and 1 small and am going to get another large one. also these are good gifts!

MACina

Me too!!!

But at home I do not close them and use each side/part to put my brushes in (sorry,I don' t know how to explain it
blush-anim-cl.gif
).
It is much easier to reach for my brushes then!
I love these canisters! I have 1 large and 1 small and am going to get another large one. also these are good gifts!

Latest posts