MAC Brush Canister Collection Discussion

MACina

pompom.gif
....I do finally have canisters for all my lip pencils and eye pencils too!

Large Canisters -> perm pencils and Small Canisters -> LE pencils

nudibelle

I just realized that you can screw them on higher depending if u have big brushes? Thats what those knotches are right? To adjust the size

nudibelle

Yup!! Thats the beauty of it. Idk if u can tell but i have to keep my eyebrushes one notch higher than my face brushes. Only becaus i have my fan brush with my eyebrushes lol
YES!!!!!
i have a big ole face brush thats taller than everything else and i cant find a good spot for it that wont crush it or have it doin a crackhead lean
i like to keep mybrushes covered my house is strangely DUSTYYYYY
i mean i can dust and the next day theres another fine layer over the counters its crazy
i NEED to cover my brushes

nudibelle

mac pro in nyc has them in stock
20 for small one
25 for larger one

i should go in and browse
ive never went to the pro store before
i might go crazy right

Anneri

:pompom: ....I do finally have canisters for all my lip pencils and eye pencils too! Large Canisters -> perm pencils and Small Canisters -> LE pencils
Please, macina, pleeeeeeeeaaaaase post pics of your collection one day! The snippets you post are simply awesome.

cher

I HAVE A TOTAL OF 13 MAC BRUSHES, 6 HAVE THE WIDER HANDLES. WOULD THEY ALL FIT INTO THE SMALL BRUSH CANISTER?

hopefulheart

I'm going on vacation in a couple months and I need something to carry my brushes in. Which would be better - both canisters or large brush roll? I need to carry 10-13 brushes in different sizes (MAC and Real Techniques).

AutumnMoon

I'm going on vacation in a couple months and I need something to carry my brushes in. Which would be better - both canisters or large brush roll? I need to carry 10-13 brushes in different sizes (MAC and Real Techniques).
I like the canisters because they will keep the brushes safe and won't mess up the bristles. But it's hard so it will take up more room. Plus you can use it for brushes and pencils and then stand it on your sink/vanity.

hopefulheart

I like the canisters because they will keep the brushes safe and won't mess up the bristles. But it's hard so it will take up more room. Plus you can use it for brushes and pencils and then stand it on your sink/vanity.
Thanks for replying!! I wasn't sure if anyone would since no one has posted anything on this thread in months. It seems like these would be great for travel because you can use them to store your brushes on the counter while on vacation. I've always wanted a brush roll but I'm leaning toward these! Do you think I would be able to hold a lot of brushes in one canister? I was originally planning to get both sizes so one could be eye brushes and one could be face brushes but I'm not sure if I need that much space. I plan to take with me - mac 130, mac 109, mac 129, real techniques blush brush, real techniques buffer brush as face brushes and mac 217 x2, mac 239, mac 219, mac 224, mac 266/263 for eye brushes.

AutumnMoon

Thanks for replying!! I wasn't sure if anyone would since no one has posted anything on this thread in months. It seems like these would be great for travel because you can use them to store your brushes on the counter while on vacation. I've always wanted a brush roll but I'm leaning toward these! Do you think I would be able to hold a lot of brushes in one canister? I was originally planning to get both sizes so one could be eye brushes and one could be face brushes but I'm not sure if I need that much space. I plan to take with me - mac 130, mac 109, mac 129, real techniques blush brush, real techniques buffer brush as face brushes and mac 217 x2, mac 239, mac 219, mac 224, mac 266/263 for eye brushes.
No problem. Right now I have 17 brushes in my small canister and that's including all three master class brushes (they take up more room). In the large one I have 51 mac lip pencils. I hope that helps. I think you'll be able to fit all of those plus a couple more. I don't think you'll need both sizes, one for eye and one for face. The big one is so wide you can fit a ton in there. The nice thing is they become cups to hold them and height is adjustable.

hopefulheart

No problem. Right now I have 17 brushes in my small canister and that's including all three master class brushes (they take up more room). In the large one I have 51 mac lip pencils. I hope that helps. I think you'll be able to fit all of those plus a couple more. I don't think you'll need both sizes, one for eye and one for face. The big one is so wide you can fit a ton in there. The nice thing is they become cups to hold them and height is adjustable.
Thanks!! I don't have a pro store anywhere near me so I want to make sure what I want before I order. Would you recommend the small one or the larger one? The Real Technique brushes are on the tall side. The larger one would have room to grow I guess.

Mac-Guy

Thanks!! I don't have a pro store anywhere near me so I want to make sure what I want before I order. Would you recommend the small one or the larger one? The Real Technique brushes are on the tall side. The larger one would have room to grow I guess.
I'd go with the larger one for at home storage and get a brush roll for your vacation. If the canister is not filled up with brushes, they will roll around and get damaged. HTH.

AutumnMoon

Both canisters extend to the same size. So height is not an issue. If you travel and the canister isn't full, I would wrap the brushes in a small scarf or pocket square to keep them from shifting. :)

hopefulheart

I'd go with the larger one for at home storage and get a brush roll for your vacation. If the canister is not filled up with brushes, they will roll around and get damaged. HTH.
Thanks! Which brush roll do you recommend?
Both canisters extend to the same size. So height is not an issue. If you travel and the canister isn't full, I would wrap the brushes in a small scarf or pocket square to keep them from shifting. :)
Thanks!!

honey on boost

I agree with MacGuy, if the large canister is not full they will move around a lot. I use them at home but when I travel I use the Sonia Kashuk travel bag.. it's awesome!! I can separate my liquid makeup from all the others and a few brushes fit just fine. Here's a link to Karen's review.

http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/drugstore-beauty-finds/sonia-kashuk-roll-up-valet/

Latest posts