MAC By Request discussion

HoneyMilk

LOL....I wouldn't be surprised. It's probably people from shipping selling the lippies for $50 on eBay

I just sent my friend a text asking her about her reshipment, I'll let you know what she says....
HAHA! There's a thought! I mean, I think I've seen 3 people on Specktra alone in the last 3 days say that their box was missing items or empty... it doesn't add up.

Fun side note, I was once framed for stealing money from my job in high school. I was devestated. The girl was so stupid that she did it again (once we weren't allowed to work together) and blamed it on a manager
icon_eek.gif
Idiot. I was cleared, but never even got an apology from management.

Richelle83

I wore CYY today on it's own. My bottom lip looked like a train wreck lol but it faded down to a nice color. I wiped off the excess and had a decent stain, decided to apply FoF and man talk about gorgeous! The stain really brought out the pink tones in FoF and the duochrome goodness looked amazing. Definitely will be getting more!

Spikesmom

Thnak you!! They can. I've had two DVT's (deep vein thrombosis) and those are the most serious as they can break loose, get to the lungs and cause a pulmonary embolism. The ones I have now are superficial, I can actually see and feel them through my skin. I've had tons of those and they've stopped bothering me fairly quickly. With these I am feeling worse and worse every day so they are worried that they are growing into DVT's. I'm on blood thinners and my blood is about as thin as they can get it before I just hemmorage to death. I'm still getting clots anyway. I'm going to see another dr. tomorrow to try to come up with a new plan.
So sorry. How does one take care of that? I know those can be serious right?

lyseD

Hi everyone! I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I ordered all 3 of the shadows. I'm very curious to know what other e/s people are gonna put them with. Am I crazy for seeing a look with MB and Guacamole together? I hope people post some pics of the looks they put together so I can be inspired.
I'm just getting Moth Brown for the first time but I've read some people like it with purples.

MacAddictNurse

OMGOODNESS, shingles! I know that must be so painful. I'm so sorry!

I'm sitting here with a blood clot in my leg and one in my ankle so I'm not having the best of times either. (((HUGS)))
Thank you ladies, and yeah shingles are no joke! Its on my right leg and I can barely walk since it is in the nerves that run on my inner thigh to make matters worst so I am pretty much on bed rest for the next 2 weeks or so that means my last two weeks of vacation are going to suck! Spikesmom I hope that are taking your medications as prescribed, I know getting shots is not easy but blood clots are worse so take care of yourself. Ouuch Richelle I know it sucks to get chickenpox as an adult sucks my older sister got them when she was 19 she was in bed for almost a month.

Copperhead

Thnak you!! They can. I've had two DVT's (deep vein thrombosis) and those are the most serious as they can break loose, get to the lungs and cause a pulmonary embolism. The ones I have now are superficial, I can actually see and feel them through my skin. I've had tons of those and they've stopped bothering me fairly quickly. With these I am feeling worse and worse every day so they are worried that they are growing into DVT's. I'm on blood thinners and my blood is about as thin as they can get it before I just hemmorage to death. I'm still getting clots anyway. I'm going to see another dr. tomorrow to try to come up with a new plan.
Best of luck to you Spikesmom. Take care and I hope that doc has a good plan for you.

Zazzle

That is good news. I hate saying this cus I am sure lots of people do but I spent summers in Montreal back in 1989 &1990 which is before MAC opened their first US store. I used to go down to the Bay with $10 and buy a lipstick every few weeks. Nail polish and eyeshadows as well. I think of $15 as a lot for their lipsticks which is just silly but I seem to recall them being about 8 CAN back then. Still less than Chanel or YSL or other stuff I buy but my head is stuck in those days :( I am astounded by the mark-up for Canadians! I stepped away from MU oh 15 yrs ago except for a every once in a while hankering for something so it isn't like I am a true blue mac fanatic but they always held a soft spot in my heart and I always think of them as a Canadian company. I actually think they use that as a marketing thing~ not overtly but still there: that individualism and small company attitude when really it is part of a huge conglomerate. Every time I see stuff like oh they are a small company that can't handle the mad influx of orders or ship boxes with lipstick in it I kinda roll my eyes. Sorry EL juggles like a half dozen, if not more, companies with counters the world over. BTW Le Bay's MAC counter was the largest one in the store, larger than some free standing stores I have been in [slight exaggeration] so really Canadians getting the short shrift is just so wrong.
I read about EL a few months ago, and was surprised (well, not really, when I think about the similarities I have noticed in my past beauty purchases - I'm looking at you powder gelees!) to learn of how many brands/lines they have acquired. Now when I go to the Bay, I'm thinking that a good number of the counters are all from the same company, lol! MAC has certainly come a long way.

My shipment notification e-mail says the expected delivery date is Wednesday, which would be fast considering that it is going to Western Canada, lol.

CartoonChic

I've had personal experience with blood clots. You are very, very fortunate that your condition has been identified and you're able to get treatment. Please do take care.

ButterflyDior77

I also wanted Moth Brown but the swatches of the new Moth Brown look so blaah compared to the older version. I need more swatches to decide whether I should buy it when BR is released in Holland.
It is a tad on the vampy side.... But there is more red with a tinge of burgundy that comes through than a brown-burgundy like Darkside .

I actually applied it with a lip brush today and put it on that way you can make it a more stain like color , which overall is a less dramatic look than applied from the tube.

I'm NC20, and wearing it today. I applied it with a lip brush and then lightly over with the tube to make it deeper... I wore blended out mac eyeliner pencil in "Coffee" all over the lid almost up to brow bone. I used Mac face and body foundation ...Bronzed up my face lightly with Benefit's "One hot minute" ... Contoured with Harmony blusher and bronzed my cheeks with Nars Laguna...Highlight with Pearl Cream base from MAC... Mascara black/brown high impact from Clinique ...

I just wanted a natural slightly warm brown eye , with a bronzed face so "Rocker" wouldn't look "Vampy" on me.

Elianessss

Yay my candy yum yum from yazmin showed up today :D I almost freaked when I went to my mail box and i didn't have anything but it was in my aunts mail box :D

shereebee

Hi! Long time lurker, first time posting. Anyway I was so excited for today because I was supposed to recieve my candy yum yum lipstick. I was so excited!!! But when I opened the box I saw that I had recieved moxie...I called customer service and I was told they have some more candy yum yums in case of mistakes. I was told I would be sent a return shipping label and once they recieved it they would send out my lipstick. unfortunetly I can't make it to the post office for several more days! I hope they don't run out! This has become a real hassle. I don't have time to drive all the way across town and fight post office crowds for this...I kinda wish I hadn't ordered moth brown now. If I have to do this again...

Fiberluver

I just spoke with Canadian customer service. I was told they still had Moth Brown e/s in stock and will look into why the item is showing up as sold out. I was able to place an order by telephone. The only problem with telephone orders is that you get no tracking what-so-ever so have to wait for the item to arrive, which can be scary for those of us who like to know where our package is.

It is true though that the stock quanitity we get here in Canada is often very limited, and they don't usually restock like the US site. The stock quantity in stores is often extremely limited too.

I've only picked up 2 items from this collection, a Rocker lipstick that I have already received, and the Moth Brown e/s I ordered today.

Rocker is not nearly as glittery as it was way back when. I remember the original quite fondly and the other sparkly lippie released at the same time, Velvet, a dark goth type purple.
I still have some Velvet left. It was one of my favs! Loved that shade. The only thing that comes close is Cyber w/out sparkle. Velvet was a matte. One of last year's mattenes was close too. I forgot the shade name.

Richelle83

Call back to make sure they have one for you and explain your situation of not being to get to the PO. Surprised they are asking you to send it back.

Latest posts